Hot Toys -The Batman 1/6 batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they release it, great. Competition is always a good thing. Some people will go the HT route (a lot more, actually) and some will get Joost's.

I will not believe they will until I see a PO listing, that is. And even then, I'm getting Joost's.

Yeah usually when we get a tease from HT it's weeks prior to the movie coming out. The way they suddenly dropped this right after the figure, and after the movie has proven to be a big hit, makes me think it's a bit more serious on their part.

And after rereleases of the Tumbler and Batpod, and putting the Part 2 DeLorean up for order, it seems clear that they're much more committed to producing vehicles again.
I think they're probably just much more committed to re-using molds and tooling that has already been paid for so they can maximize profit.

I could be proven wrong at any time in the future, but this HT vehicle:

bmnew.jpeg

Is just as available today as this HT vehicle:

bm1966.jpeg

And this:

bmht.jpeg

Doesn't even qualify as R&D yet.

The proof is in the pre-order ;)

We shall see.

I'm not a customer for this one as I only have room to display my 89 Batmobile (and it's shield), but I'm really curious to see who is going to make the best Batmobile here. Excited to see the results.

It makes more sense to do the bike instead, easier to display for collectors and a better price point
It's a no brainer for me. Yeah, it's in the movie for 15 seconds, but this is Batman. All his gadgets and vehicles are what makes Batman. He is DC's top money maker, people will buy. People will buy this for their previous Batman figures or even for something else.

If they release it, great. Competition is always a good thing. Some people will go the HT route (a lot more, actually) and some will get Joost's.

I will not believe they will until I see a PO listing, that is. And even then, I'm getting Joost's.
Thanks so much everyone. It really warms my heart to read all the comments in this thread. Had a bit of a rough day as you can imagine, but I’m still very much in fighting spirits, and don’t wanna get scared away so easily, so it’s nice to hear that there is support out there, even if hot toys will take most of the cake. I’m fine with that. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Thanks so much everyone. It really warms my heart to read all the comments in this thread. Had a bit of a rough day as you can imagine, but I’m still very much in fighting spirits, and don’t wanna get scared away so easily, so it’s nice to hear that there is support out there, even if hot toys will take most of the cake. I’m fine with that. Thanks so much for the kind words.
Put it up for pre-order and I'll buy it now, or IM me.

There's no point in waiting for HT to catch up - be the first to market and show them how it's done. They won't be able to touch you on quality or attention to detail. If they want to play the "low price game", let them. That's not in your wheelhouse anyway. You deliver quality and exceed expectations. The same cannot be said for them.

It's going to look great next to my 1966 batmobile and 1989 batwing that you're making.

Last edited:
Keep on doing what you do! Whether people go with Hot Toys, yours or even QueenStudios, it shouldn't discourage you on what you've been doing. It's always great for consumers to have options and for there to be competition. It pushes everyone to do better rather than just having one company have a monopoly on the market/products. You're version will have things Hot Toys doesn't and people will support that.

"Our Ultimate line is designed to be the crown jewel, the center piece of your 1/6 scale collection. Not restricted by size or budget, this is reserved for the most popular (and large) scenes"

- versus -

"In addition to 1/6th scale collectible figures, Hot Toys also focuses on product diversity by introducing highly detailed 1/4th scale collectible figures, 1/6th scale collectible vehicles. 1/4th scale collectible busts, as well as 3” and 6” Cosbaby series."

Let that sink in for a moment.

This is exactly why Hot Toys cannot compete with Jazzinc in terms of craftsmanship, quality, and attention to detail - vehicles are a side hustle for product diversity, just like a cosbaby.

Granted, there will always be consumers who purchase solely on the basis of price, so Hot Toys will always have a market, -but that's not Jazzinc's market anyway. There are also many of us that appreciate having a crown jewel and will always purchase from Jazzinc. It would be a major mistake to confuse the two. They both have different missions and different customers.

Just saying ;)

I think there's room for both really. You have Hot Toys for the regular folks and the higher end/custom crowd who will get the Jazzinc one with the extra crazy good details. I know some are blaming Hot Toys and saying it's a bad move on their part (IF it does go up for PO), but isn't it more bad on the licensor than HT for telling Jazzinc that no one else had the rights to produce a 1/6 batmobile from this movie which they either changed without telling him and/or straight up lied and Hot Toys also had rights from the get go. I don't know the full story so happy to be told otherwise. Just giving my opinion based on what's been stated.

I'll get the Jazz Inc version, It will have more features and be a better product and I won't wait two years or more like I will with Hot Toys, if theirs ever even has an actual preorder. I have the BVS Batmobile from Jazz Inc and it's a thing of beauty and very well made.

I think there's room for both really. You have Hot Toys for the regular folks and the higher end/custom crowd who will get the Jazzinc one with the extra crazy good details. I know some are blaming Hot Toys and saying it's a bad move on their part (IF it does go up for PO), but isn't it more bad on the licensor than HT for telling Jazzinc that no one else had the rights to produce a 1/6 batmobile from this movie which they either changed without telling him and/or straight up lied and Hot Toys also had rights from the get go. I don't know the full story so happy to be told otherwise. Just giving my opinion based on what's been stated.
I'm sure HT has always had the rights to produce any Batmobile they wanted, they just usually chose not to use it. And I think Joost stated previously that none of the companies have exclusive licenses.

Shoot, do it anyways! Most people are tired of HT's b.s. anyways. Oh...and bring the price down

Can't wait for the full reveal, hopefully Friday. If the film continues to do great it's hard to see this not making it to pre-order.

HT went all in on the Nolan verse, minus Ra's, and this is the most buzz I've seen for a DC movie since then.
Kinda unprecedented if they did reveals from the same universe - let alone DC - 3 Weeks in a row. My guess is they either do nothing this week, or a Book of Boba character.

I'm sure HT has always had the rights to produce any Batmobile they wanted, they just usually chose not to use it. And I think Joost stated previously that none of the companies have exclusive licenses.
From the Jazzinc Batmobile thread this was stated: “He said on Facebook that according to Warner brothers no other company has asked to license the vehicle in 1/6 scale…” so that’s what my post was based on but I guess either things changed or maybe HT didn’t have to “ask” to make a Batmobile if they already had the license to make one.

But based on that, I blame WB, not Hot Toys. As a business owner, that would definitely suck if someone told you that you were the only one making one, put the time and effort into building it, then not long after, you find out that that was a total lie. As a consumer, the more the merrier. Based on what’s happening in the 1/6 space for WB properties, they’re no longer allowing just one company to make figures and instead seem to want as much money as possible from every high end company available. I guess it sort of makes sense? You grab ppl at every price point that you can get them at.

Last edited:
I like Jazz Inc. just like I like Exo-6. Fans making 1:6th dream toys for collectors. (not just a Fan Producer aka Howard Chan blindly following the $ licenses) & yes I get the need for producers to make a profit etc to support r&d...but I like the underdog, the rogue, the gambler.

I have collected HTs since 2008...but my collecting money and support has been shifting of late...

From the Jazzinc Batmobile thread this was stated: “He said on Facebook that according to Warner brothers no other company has asked to license the vehicle in 1/6 scale…” so that’s what my post was based on but I guess either things changed or maybe HT didn’t have to “ask” to make a Batmobile if they already had the license to make one.

But based on that, I blame WB, not Hot Toys. As a business owner, that would definitely suck if someone told you that you were the only one making one, put the time and effort into building it, then not long after, you find out that that was a total lie. As a consumer, the more the merrier. Based on what’s happening in the 1/6 space for WB properties, they’re no longer allowing just one company to make figures and instead seem to want as much money as possible from every high end company available. I guess it sort of makes sense? You grab ppl at every price point that you can get them at.
I would imagine that Hot Toy's DC license would cover anything form the movie; meaning that they technically wouldn't need to actually ask.

I would also think that the upside to Hot Toys no longer having the exclusive rights to 1/6 scale figures would mean that the license fees that they pay would be cheaper. Because that exclusivity—or lack thereof—would very much be part of that license.

I would imagine that Hot Toy's DC license would cover anything form the movie; meaning that they technically wouldn't need to actually ask.

I would also think that the upside to Hot Toys no longer having the exclusive rights to 1/6 scale figures would mean that the license fees that they pay would be cheaper. Because that exclusivity—or lack thereof—would very much be part of that license.
That's how I read it to. HT can make what they want from any of the movies they have the license for. That's why I still expect to see another Ledger Joker from them despite QS having their's on the way.

QS have to get the rights to each character individually and are limited to certain regions on many figures. Obviously just my assumption there.

Really hope we see the car and maybe more characters at this event starting tonight.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Hot Toys has been full of **** for the past 15 years, I don’t expect them to suddenly stop being full of **** because of some fancy teaser.

Funny how they’re doing teasers again, huh. Keep in mind, this is a marketing technique. They currently have Batman, Deluxe Batman, the signal and now the Batcycle up for sale. Don’t think for a second that a Batmobile teaser (that they have no intention of releasing) helps bolster sales on those. That’s the point.

Back