Hot Toys -The Batman 1/6 batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much everyone. It really warms my heart to read all the comments in this thread. Had a bit of a rough day as you can imagine, but I’m still very much in fighting spirits, and don’t wanna get scared away so easily, so it’s nice to hear that there is support out there, even if hot toys will take most of the cake. I’m fine with that. Thanks so much for the kind words.
Man, SCREW HT!

Joost has reasons to be worried, I understand. From a business owner's standpoint, those are some of the worst news to wake up to. Yes, 6 of us here will buy his Batmobile but hundreds won't simply because HT is allegedly doing one. That right there is enough to mess with his plans, and most importantly, his bottom line. Whatever he decides is whatever is best for him. Not making it may very well be a wise decision, but time will tell.

Maybe do a very limited run, with somewhat higher than normal NRD's that way you know buyers are serious and won't simply drop PO's if HD does eventually puts theirs up for PO?

Tough situation man.

Curious how long this showdown will last with Jazzinc. I would assume HT is going to give the Batcycle some room for PO's to lock in so who knows. Sucks all we got was the Batcycle this week.

Is the hot toys The Batman themed display supposed to start at Toy Sapiens today?

A $650-700 Hot Toys's Batmobile sounds financially feasible than $1k5 (exclude shipping, taxes) from JazzInc to me.

I think the FB crowd has grossly overestimated this tease as it literally doesn't mean anything. Long time collectors know that HT could just keep people hanging indefinitely. Heck, I can imagine this being displayed at cons and people will get overly excited again and we're back to square one with speculations. Fact is no matter what HT do or say-- if there is no pre-order, it doesn't exist.

Yeah didnt hot toys also trase a shazam a few years ago on thier facebook page? I dont know if its a done deal with just a teaser.

A $650-700 Hot Toys's Batmobile sounds financially feasible than $1k5 (exclude shipping, taxes) from JazzInc to me.
Not to be a buzzkill, but I don’t see how HT brings this in under $1k, assuming they even deliver.

In a post-covid world, they’re looking down the barrel of a full R&D cycle ahead of them. That’s a tough nut to crack when you can divert all of those upfront costs to another product that’s already making money.

The tumbler is already $650 and has zero new R&D or tooling costs and the BTTF delorean is at $825 with very minimal changes (wheel mechanisms and a stand - and the wheels aren’t even correct).

Not that any of this matters because HT has a long and illustrious history of failing to deliver on large vehicles. It’s usually nothing more than a calculated PR ploy at the expense of the passionate collector. IMO, this is just more of the same.

theres-something-very-familiar-about-all-this-deja-vu.gif

View attachment 565924
Holy **** look at all these broken promises

Not to be a buzzkill, but I don’t see how HT brings this in under $1k, assuming they even deliver.

In a post-covid world, they’re looking down the barrel of a full R&D cycle ahead of them. That’s a tough nut to crack when you can divert all of those upfront costs to another product that’s already making money.

The tumbler is already $650 and has zero new R&D or tooling costs and the BTTF delorean is at $825 with very minimal changes (wheel mechanisms and a stand - and the wheels aren’t even correct).

Not that any of this matters because HT has a long and illustrious history of failing to deliver on large vehicles. It’s usually nothing more than a calculated PR ploy at the expense of the passionate collector. IMO, this is just more of the same.
I have to say amen to this. Especially, with the price of the DeLorean, I would be very surprised if they were able to bring in this 2022 batmobile under $900. The only way they can do that is if this is a ploy to put us out of business or price us out of the markets by them selling this at a loss. Especially since for the DeLorean, they need minimal new molds and this 2022 batmobile l is a whole new ballgame. They will have to deal with the incredible inflation and price increases of the 2022 New World reality like all of us.

I also thought it was interesting that since Tuesday, all the new marketing materials they put forth lack any reference to or images of the 2022 batmobile. Only the batcycle, the figure and the bat signal.

Last edited:
I have to say amen to this. Especially, with the price of the DeLorean, I would be very surprised if they were able to bring in this 2022 batmobile under $900. The only way they can do that is if this is a ploy to put us out of business or price us out of the markets by them selling this at a loss. Especially since for the DeLorean, they need minimal new molds and this 2022 batmobile l is a whole new ballgame. They will have to deal with the incredible inflation and price increases of the 2022 New World reality like all of us.

I also thought it was interesting that since Tuesday, all the new marketing materials they put forth lack any reference to or images of the 2022 batmobile. Only the batcycle, the figure and the bat signal.
I agree and I hope things turn out in your favor in the end! It's too much of a coincidence that the Pt II Delorean was up for PO then this so called "tease".

I do appreciate you for dropping by this site like the old days since I don't have FB, I'd love to know how this turns out. Plus I'm still holding on to that hope that you'll do the Arkham Knight Batmobile someday!

That's very true about selling at a loss. They've been through that once with the 1989 batmobile, but it's my understanding that it wasn't by design.

It's a very strange time, but there are a couple of things that may level the playing field for Jazzinc a bit.

First off, HT has to fend off Inart/Queen Studio who is making an aggressive attack on their core business, -action figures. What I find interesting on that front isn't so much that they've already declared that they're making the batmobile (which is significant), but they're putting their best foot forward with the Ledger Joker and following up with The Batman figure. They're actually inviting a "who made it better" comparison. And if it is deemed that Inart did, in fact, do it better, HT may be in real trouble, depending on the price point.

IMO, the Ledger Joker is the figure that put HT on the map and is also their most criticized. For whatever reason, the Ledger Joker is super iconic in the 1/6 world and HT has been widely criticized for both their lack of improvement with a v3 product, and also the lack of figure availability. I believe that, if available worldwide, the Inart version is going to be a very hot seller that will affect HT greatly. I don't' expect they will deliver in the numbers that HT does when they release a product, but the PR and brand awareness pendulum will definitely swing their way, and that is something that I think will bother HT a great deal and embolden Inart further. HT seems to thrive on creating product excitement, which tends to build momentum, taking them into their next offering with a bit of a tailwind. I don't see HT ignoring that particular threat.

Secondly, with the success of the batman movie, I think it's fair to assume that demand for this batmobile will be significant, which when selling at a per unit loss, is a great equalizer. If you couple that with the fact that there will certainly be no advanced electronics with this (e.g. sound cards, custom boards, etc), it will most likely be a lackluster offering. Plus, there's going to be that estimated market cost "fudge factor" that HT is going to have to try and figure out in order to quantify exactly how much money they are willing to lose on this. That's got to be of significant concern to them because it's a moving target and they can anticipate a high demand. They seem to already understand this because they've already crossed the $300 price point with the base Batman figure.

If HT is going to sell at a loss to try and drive out Jazzinc, I believe they are really in a precarious position. They have to balance how much they are willing to lose, versus how willing they are to take the flack for possibly making a delivery that falls short of expectations. They have a lot of licensors watching, and I'm sure they'll all take notice of any subpar delivery.

HT has a lot to defend, but admittedly, they also have a lot of resources. It is interesting that Inart has taken the position of basically declaring war on HT, seemingly without concern. It's sort of like when Columbus landed in America and burned his ships. I find that very inspirational and it's hard not to cheer for them.

I would love to see Jazzinc be the first to market with this, especially since there is already a prototype, but I also completely understand that doing so is not without risk. Regardless, I'm a buyer for the Jazzinc version whenever it's available :)

save.jpeg

I suppose flogging all those Iron Man repaints for huge profits allows them to make a loss on an item like this.

Not to mention anyone buying a Batmobile is more likely to buy at least one figure, maybe the signal and bike.

Confirmed! Hot Toys will reissue the Mk6 and Mk46 simultaneously to make up for the lost profits on their The Batman Batmobile 🤣

(No such thing by the way)

First off, HT has to fend off Inart/Queen Studio who is making an aggressive attack on their core business, -action figures. What I find interesting on that front isn't so much that they've already declared that they're making the batmobile (which is significant)

Their response to this is still vague IMO. For now, I'm sticking to the idea it's just some sort of base or feature to accompany their 1/6 The Batman figure.

I'm starting to realize this fact too. I didn't think that new Batcycle would be $315.

Another issue is when? If not next week, then when? Hot Toys have dropped respective IP items even months later. You would've had this up for preorder last week if not for that HT tease.

I think if they do pull the trigger, it is sooner rather than later. I know you don't want to show your cards, but now the wait keeps increasing for when we will have some type of 1/6th vehicle in hand. I'm sure you have the Queen Studios 1/6th Batmobile in mind too, but IMO, you will have more bells and whistles than everyone else. You could be first on the market, first in hand. Honestly, it is hard to put a price on the exposure it would give your company. It already has with the message boards and social media talking about all of those pics of the prototype. But the total time and cost is the main issue and all of us understand that. There is a lot of disdain for Hot Toys and the way they go about their business, so I do think there is a opportunity here.

I'm starting to realize this fact too. I didn't think that new Batcycle would be $315.

Another issue is when? If not next week, then when? Hot Toys have dropped respective IP items even months later. You would've had this up for preorder last week if not for that HT tease.

I think if they do pull the trigger, it is sooner rather than later. I know you don't want to show your cards, but now the wait keeps increasing for when we will have some type of 1/6th vehicle in hand. I'm sure you have the Queen Studios 1/6th Batmobile in mind too, but IMO, you will have more bells and whistles than everyone else. You could be first on the market, first in hand. Honestly, it is hard to put a price on the exposure it would give your company. It already has with the message boards and social media talking about all of those pics of the prototype. But the total time and cost is the main issue and all of us understand that. There is a lot of disdain for Hot Toys and the way they go about their business, so I do think there is a opportunity here.
You make an excellent point. If HT has affected Jazzinc's rollout with a simple threat, then that is significant.

Unfounded or not, there is a concern that perhaps HT perceives Jazzinc as more than a nuisance in their market, so disruption may or may not actually be their intent. As such, there appear to be two questions that need to be reconciled:
1. Is it credible that HT actually intends to deliver the new batmobile? If so, is it credible that HT would do it at a loss to eliminate a company that is effectively a rounding error on their P&L? (no disrespect to Jazzinc), and;
2. What is the longer term vision for Jazzinc? Does Joost want to continue to fly under the radar and build what he is passionate about (e.g. star wars licensing, etc), or does he aspire to bigger and loftier goals for Jazzinc?

We can speculate all day long, but these aren't questions that any of us here can answer. At some point in this journey, Joost had to think how cool it would be to achieve such a prominent level of respect and success in this community and actually be in a position to consider going toe to toe with HT. That's not unlike every kid's dream to be up in the bottom of the 9th down 1 run with 2 outs and the bases loaded with a 3-2 count. It's a commitment one way or the other that defines a milestone.

Selfishly, I agree with you and would also like to see Jazzinc be loud and be proud with a preorder.

Selfishly, I agree with you and would also like to see Jazzinc be loud and be proud with a preorder.
This. Strike while the iron is hot. Joost would better understand the risks he has to take but is he going to wait more details from Hot Toys before setting up the preorder?

If HT really does need to charge around 1K for their version, then I'd be even more inclined to go for the Jazzinc version and pay an extra $600 or so for the chance to get it a year early. And to get one that's assured to be 100% screen accurate.

If it's priced more around the DeLorean, then unfortunately that's a different story and I'm not sure I could pass up that much cheaper price.

Back