Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I think it's a terrible looking suit. It hasn't grown on me at all.

Yeah, I mean I do get that it’s just year one in his career. Over the course of the trilogy there will be an evolution, an arc to it no doubt. There’s long been a rumor that the suit gets destroyed and as one of the setups for the sequel he’ll be working on design of a new suit, etc. Or maybe they’ll even reveal the new one at the ending of this movie. But anyway, I just don’t care for it aesthetically. The cowl is kind of bulbous.

I dunno, after I watch the movie maybe I’ll love it. But just at this point I’m definitely not like omg I have to get this, etc. (And FWIW it’s great if other are I’m happy for them, etc., it’s just what I’m personally feeling.)

Just as many can't understand why you would limit yourself because a figure has an exposed elbow joint or a slightly visible neck seam. While I often agree with you about ugly joints and rooted hair I still find myself amazed at what you will refuse to buy and thus the characters you won't have in your collection at all on account of exposed joints.

I hate badly done joints - in particular neck joints - I'll tolerate them though (albeit while continuing to criticize them) if it's the only way I'm getting a character I really want.

Yeah, this is a tough call sometimes for me. I went ahead and popped for Toy Battalion’s “Mars Guardian” (ZSJL Martian Manhunter) despite the exposed jointed elbows. But typically that does bother me, ngl. Overall “Mars Guardian” looks kinda rough from the prototype pics, but I took the chance because I love the character.

The cowl is kind of bulbous.
What I don't like about the cowl is the silhouette reminds too much of Catwoman, the way it follows the shape of his skull. And the sewn look.

I didn't like the general shape of the TDK cowl for the same reason. I prefer Bat-cowls that alter the expected shape of a human head into something else, more beast-like. So basically all the cowls in which Batman couldn't turn his head :lol

Last edited:
Hmm, really torn on this line. Doesn’t look like my kind of Batman and none of the villains are visually doing it for me either.

I only need one iteration of each for my Batman display so Id much rather have DeVito Penguin, Arkham Catwoman, even Carey Riddler over Dano- even if his performance will likely be incredible.

The Batman and Bike set will cost a ton so actually seeing the movie first would help with convincing me to drop that kind of cash. I may still get this Catwoman just to have Zoe Kravitz’ face on display. Her suit is Catwomany enough. Just needs some red-tinted goggles.

I buy the toys I like . plenty of movies I don't like and I have the toys for. I could never understand the people who limit themselves like that but to each his own.
Right! I'm all about the aesthetic. Sometimes, seeing a movie can influence my decision (rarely)

Being utilitarian myself and understanding this is a year two Batman, I think the choices for how the suit looks fits perfectly well with the story. I am glad we are seeing an unrefined Batman in place of the more experienced one. It was always a nitpick of mine that Bales Batman was already so perfect at everything he did. They sorta corrected that with TDKR but it waa due to his cockyness and age more than inexperience.

So I wanna see a raging out of control, inexperienced, brooding, untested, young, gotham by gaslight, detective Barman….is that so much to ask?

Doubt I will buy this figure though. I have a Batman…..and do not really need more of them…..Not to mention, Hot Toys will probably charge over 300 for this…..maybe more….the bile will goto the 500 range….watch it happen.

Often times a suit can look weak but after seeing the film you want the figure.

Look at Peacemaker. He has a toilet for a helmet, but I would get the figure.

It's mad that we're talking about a batsuit though.

I’ll wait for more pictures before making a decision. Looks to toylike at the moment and packing the hot toys realism.

I hated the suit at first but it's grown on me so much over the last year. Might just be my third favourite Batsuit after Affleck's in BvS and Bale's in Batman Begins.

I've been really looking forward to the release of the movie for a while, so if it's as good as the previews, I'll go all in on the figure and the bike, plus the batmobile that jazzinc is currently designing.

I hope they fix that ken doll head, though ;)

I’ve never been crazy about the suit to be perfectly honest. The cowl in particular. So as others are saying I’ll have to see how I feel about the movie itself. If I really dig the movie then I’ll likely get it. However…

This is just a personal aside, but depending how things go with Discovery and my hopes of Snyder returning to wrap up his pentalogy with JL 2 and 3: if that doesn’t happen I won’t be supporting WB any longer, at least as far as seeing films in a theater goes. (Wife wants us to keep HBO Max for all it’s non-DC content, so yeah, I’ll probably watch this eventually via streaming.) If Discovery chooses to officially drive the final nail in the coffin of Zack’s five film saga then The Batman is certainly not a film I’d see in the theater, that’s for sure. And I’d almost surely pass on this figure then. Voting via the pocket book, etc. I’d just move on from collecting DC figures from WB film releases to other pastimes, interests, and hobbies. Still plenty of other franchises and even a kitbash project to keep me occupied with 1/6 collecting. And I’ll still complete my collection of Soosoo’s Watchmen figures of course.
Ok…

Damn lots of people complaining here.
does-that-surprise-you-are-you-surprised.gif

Surprised also.

The suit is borderline Noel Batman and Arkham game Batman mixed together.

Also the Zodiac/Seven heavy inspiration in the same vain of Joker leaning on Taxi Driver is incredible.

Going to probably get the best screen portrayal of a detective and fierce Batman that we've ever had and probably will get. Riddler will finally be a formidable antagonist without the camp and tack, and we're going to get an impressive Penguin.

This will be the definitive Batman film.

Back