Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, we posted at basically the same time. I didn’t realize what the conversion rate works out to. It is pretty spendy for a third party release.
Yeah, it's way over what you expect from a third party figure. Looks more like a custom than your typical third party offering. Hopefully someone knows more about the makers behind it.

Yeah, it's way over what you expect from a third party figure. Looks more like a custom than your typical third party offering. Hopefully someone knows more about the makers behind it.
Also I can’t remember off the top of my head, but does he have a question mark symbol on the back of his jacket? I thought it was only on the front left side. Maybe I’m not remembering right.

HT's version is actually more accurate to the real suit. Prime 1 also has wrinkling on the abs that shouldn't be there. I like QS's suit better in terms of 1/3.

The main thing HT should fix is the chest armor though, the notched area should be tucked under the cape with straps.

HT's abs I think just come across as being softer, partially due to the scale of the fabric used.

You're right about the chest plate and straps, didn't even notice how far off it is.
275779960_2741440492817691_6049936973024968686_n.jpg
275814130_2741440509484356_8805096175099986974_n.jpg
275923597_2741440542817686_5183348502082023177_n.jpg

Looks like a third party Riddler is being made. Curious if we’ll get an official one or not. This one seems pretty good though.
https://www.comicsanctorum.com/prod...e-figure/?mc_cid=e85a71d0fd&mc_eid=da50223137
Interesting. Yeah it equates to about $420 USD which is very high for such a basic figure.

But I would put that price down to them knowing that HT or someone else are making him. So they want to get their money with some first orders before HT releases theirs. It's a bit of a no brainer figure. Very easy for HT to make and make up for any lost Batman sales to new competitors.

Interesting. Yeah it equates to about $420 USD which is very high for such a basic figure.

But I would put that price down to them knowing that HT or someone else are making him. So they want to get their money with some first orders before HT releases theirs. It's a bit of a no brainer figure. Very easy for HT to make and make up for any lost Batman sales to new competitors.

its limited to 45 pieces only and handmade, not factory produced.

View attachment 567032

Looking at this statue.. I do wish the HT fig treated the torso armor in the same way. It blends in a lot more with the chest armor.

VS this
View attachment 567033
Never realized that Hot Toys chest piece was off. Looks like it sits too high up and they just completely ignored the straps that connect to it from the shoulders.

They even included the notch in the chest plate where the strap connects but just didn't do the actual strap. Weird. Hope that gets fixed before release.

TKeZsgk.jpg
ipq4Uyo.png

It's great that people are pointing out errors on the HT figure.
One thing I noticed is that the cowl nose is too symmetrical. Robert's nose is severely crooked, the tip angles to the left of his face while his lips remain centered so his clef is severely angled too. That's why the batcowl's nose has a rectangular tip to hide this but it's still a little asymmetrical. If people will flip in Photoshop a front view of Rob's face to see what I'm talking about. I discovered this when I made an Edward Cullen headsculpt for a girlfriend in 2012.
When Rob was announced in 2019 as the new Batman, my first thought was how will they design the cowl with his crooked nose but it turned out great.

I will laugh so hard if the Batmobile Queen Studios keeps taking about for their 1/6 figure is actually just a scaled down display stand like their 1/3 statue.

ECD1631E-2D42-48A9-8DD8-2A15974D58C1.jpeg

This shows how we can't just assume everything QS does will be better than HT. The likeness on their 1/3 pattinson (both cowled and unmasked) is worse than HT. Their 1/3 TDK bats likeness was also bad.

Yeah QS said they are looking to improve it but they usually don't change that much. I guess we'll have to wait and see for that.

This shows how we can't just assume everything QS does will be better than HT. The likeness on their 1/3 pattinson (both cowled and unmasked) is worse than HT. Their 1/3 TDK bats likeness was also bad.

Yeah QS said they are looking to improve it but they usually don't change that much. I guess we'll have to wait and see for that.
Was going to say the same. The masked portraits looks way off to me. Their Bale cowl was awful. Not especially optimistic for their 1/6 Battinson.

I know someone who was able to send me close up high res pics of the suit which I won’t share for confidentiality reasons, but the chest piece appears to actually have the fabric of the suit epoxied onto it. It looks a lot like micarta. The suit fabric is also covering the angular under portion of the pauldrons. This suit they photographed also had prominent wrinkles over the abs.

I still think the HT figure is a solid release and am excited to add it to the collection but I have some issues with it:
- The finish on the chest is too shiny
- The abs look kind of puffy and soft
- The cowl texture is too predominant IMO
- Eyes on the cowled head look a bit surprised
- I’m not sure about this but I feel like the eyes on the Bruce sculpt look too predominant. This seems to be a trend with HT recently. It seems they aren’t sculpting the eye balls far enough into the eye lids. I think their endgame Captain America is the best example of this. It makes them look like they have hypertension or are about to cry. I feel how deeply set the eyes are in the face is a key part of a likeness and I feel HT has been missing the mark with this across the board with recent releases. My opinion could change as I see more of it in different lighting, idk.

I know someone who was able to send me close up high res pics of the suit which I won’t share for confidentiality reasons, but the chest piece appears to actually have the fabric of the suit epoxied onto it. It looks a lot like micarta. The suit fabric is also covering the angular under portion of the pauldrons. This suit they photographed also had prominent wrinkles over the abs.

I still think the HT figure is a solid release and am excited to add it to the collection but I have some issues with it:
- The finish on the chest is too shiny
- The abs look kind of puffy and soft
- The cowl texture is too predominant IMO
- Eyes on the cowled head look a bit surprised
- I’m not sure about this but I feel like the eyes on the Bruce sculpt look too predominant. This seems to be a trend with HT recently. It seems they aren’t sculpting the eye balls far enough into the eye lids. I think their endgame Captain America is the best example of this. It makes them look like they have hypertension or are about to cry. I feel how deeply set the eyes are in the face is a key part of a likeness and I feel HT has been missing the mark with this across the board with recent releases. My opinion could change as I see more of it in different lighting, idk.
I see what you mean about the surprised eyes in the cowl. Dean Knight mentioned the early Bale figures from Hot Toys had the same issue.

I'm still happy with this package overall and they have time to make little improvements. Intrigued to see what QS come up with now.

Back