Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, what is the main appeal of going to 1/4 from 1/6? I'm new to this whole line of collecting anyways, but I'm not sure why exactly the change is made to add the line.

Out of curiosity, what is the main appeal of going to 1/4 from 1/6? I'm new to this whole line of collecting anyways, but I'm not sure why exactly the change is made to add the line.

Supposively you get more detail on the 1/4. But personally I haven't seen anything they've done in 1/4 that couldn't be done in 1/6.

They're working on a 1:6 Falcone. Those images were used as reference to get the back of his head just right.
they're going to make another 1/6 BB figure again?
are you sure about this?
well, I'm also new to this 1/4 line. Even HT still preparing to launch theirs on 2013.
Right now I only owned 2 of them but I can say it feels terrific. both details & the material they used.
Enterbay doing good so far. now I'm curious what HT can do with their 1/4 dark knight rises:yess:

I really dont know why they would use that shot for reference though, to be honest. there are plenty of other images, even stock images, of BB bats.

It seems that there hasn't been a lot of updates on the QS001 so heres my favorite image of him so far:

PD13436180374KM.jpg

so freaking cool( inaccuracies included)

I always like collectibles in big scale.... so that is the appeal for me.
Before 1/4 scale (18 inch) figures are not as detail and as good of a quality as what HT and EB are offering right now.

Before 18 Inch stuff are only available through companies like McFarlane or NECA and to me, they are not that great (or at least not good enough for me).

I like things to be in big scale, highly detailed yet articulated and at the same time it has the premium quality to it.

Had some free time so decided to put DX12 and QS001 together for comparison (body wise).

Made the images black and white so the tone of the pictures doesn't distract/persuade the view (for me it does, I don't like the bluish tone of QS001 photos) + made them the same size so the scale doesn't affect opinion either.

DX12 on the left and QS001 on the right:

f37f50d1.jpg

Please excuse the 'photoshopping skills', I'm abroad using an iPad :lol

thanks for the clarification. I can see why some people would be after them then. Not for me, but I'll certainly enjoy living vicariously through all your pics! :D

They really do look the same. Perhaps we're wrong to compare high-end 1:4 with high end 1:6. On most of the figures we've seen theres been very little that can't be done at 1:6.

Maybe the better comparison is between high end 1:4 and low-end 1:4 :dunno

They really do look the same. Perhaps we're wrong to compare high-end 1:4 with high end 1:6. On most of the figures we've seen theres been very little that can't be done at 1:6.

Maybe the better comparison is between high end 1:4 and low-end 1:4 :dunno

Enterbay's face sculpts would beg to differ

True (less so regarding their Joker) but thats not something that can't technically be done at 1:6. Hot Toys simply has trouble doing the Bale Batman cowls for some reason.

I would love to see Hot Toys or Enterbay sculpt the likeness of Bale at 1/6 like this recent Enterbay BB figure. I just don't see it happening at 1/6

they look the exact same, which is a shame. Except, it might be the angle or something, but the 1/4 Bats seems to have a longer nose :dunno

Eh, i wouldn't say its a shame. In fact i feel the opposite. Its really good they look the same. Where the qs001 will succeed is in the finer details because its a bigger canvas. Such as the PERS having less of a chance to be "bug eyes" or the distance the armor plates are from one another. All the little things add up.
also because they do look very similar is a compliment to the 1/6. It also looks kickass.

Eh, i wouldn't say its a shame. In fact i feel the opposite. Its really good they look the same. Where the qs001 will succeed is in the finer details because its a bigger canvas. Such as the PERS having less of a chance to be "bug eyes" or the distance the armor plates are from one another. All the little things add up.
also because they do look very similar is a compliment to the 1/6. It also looks kickass.

Yet out of the gate, it doesn't appear to improve on any "finer details" IMO.

they look the exact same, which is a shame. Except, it might be the angle or something, but the 1/4 Bats seems to have a longer nose :dunno

I think it's the angle, despite the similarity the two photos are slightly different in angle which I guess could make a difference:dunno

Yes it is very cool!!! Can't wait to get this!!!! :)

Its a toy, its just never going to be 100% accurate especially with head sculpts. Even the best most amazing head sculpts by companies or custom artists still dont achieve 100% accuracy because its made by hand and just very difficult to sculpt things that 100% life-like human face. Might be the hardest thing to do in art & sculpting. Think about sculpture outside of the toy realm, there aren't many artists out there or over history that have sculpted human faces that look 100% like a certain person. Some come very close, but its really difficult.

But whatever, i guess we all have our own views about this stuff. I personally have always been very happy with HTs when it comes to their Batman stuff. Its more about collecting the character & toys for me. If you want 100% accuracy you need to collect 1:1 replicas or real movie props.

I would agree with this if only EB haven't showed their amazing cowl sculpt :thud:
This is their first 1/4 entry and I certainy hope they make better sculpt and details on batman's suit.
I already placed my PO since I'm a big nolan batman fan, but hoping they would at least fix that cowl:slap

I would like to have seen more expressions that show him fighting or struggling. Much like these expressions;

bman.jpg

batman-and-bane.jpg

However, those would obviously require the sculpt to have squinty eyes or it would look weird like HT's Nicholson Joker.

Also, just lose the smirk and go with a neutral Bale breathing look;

bman2.jpg

Back