Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got my SS exclusive version, man I really dig the 1/4 cowl

tOOkmCV.jpg

RRZGz00.jpg

itJQmmT.jpg

For those interested i use the stock HT/Enterbay capes as a template for the shape and size. I'd also advise in purchasing a good pair of WISS industrial scissors for cutting...

View attachment 458049View attachment 458048

Thanks for sharing! I've been meaning to make a new cape for this figure so I'll give this a shot. Unless you'd be willing to take commissions?

Thanks for sharing! I've been meaning to make a new cape for this figure so I'll give this a shot. Unless you'd be willing to take commissions?

I don't do commissions but if you follow the steps you'll get the same results...and again i can't stress enough to use a good pair of heavy industrial scissors...they make the job a whole lot easier:)

I don't do commissions but if you follow the steps you'll get the same results...and again i can't stress enough to use a good pair of heavy industrial scissors...they make the job a whole lot easier:)

Gotta have a good pair of fabric shears if you’re gonna customize in this hobby. That and a boatload of patience 🤗

After having this one for almost 2 years I finally made a custom cape for it. I just used the same pattern as the stock cape but made it 1" longer. Honest feedback would be appreciated as I was also going to try one for my QS009 with the same material.
IMG_3083.jpgIMG_3084.jpgIMG_3085.jpgIMG_3086.jpgIMG_3088.jpg

After having this one for almost 2 years I finally made a custom cape for it. I just used the same pattern as the stock cape but made it 1" longer. Honest feedback would be appreciated as I was also going to try one for my QS009 with the same material.
View attachment 458580View attachment 458581View attachment 458582View attachment 458583View attachment 458584

Nicely done! But that material you used looks like Crushed Velvet/Velveteen...which has a more noticeable sheen to it than real Velvet..

Nicely done! But that material you used looks like Crushed Velvet/Velveteen...which has a more noticeable sheen to it than real Velvet..

Yeah it was crushed velvet. I wasn't sure if actual velvet would hang as well on the figure and since this was my first cape the cheaper price was more attractive. I'm not the most satisfied with the crushed look but it's still better than the stock cape so it's staying for now.

Yeah it was crushed velvet. I wasn't sure if actual velvet would hang as well on the figure and since this was my first cape the cheaper price was more attractive. I'm not the most satisfied with the crushed look but it's still better than the stock cape so it's staying for now.

It looks like it drapes nicely on the figure. I also used a velvet cape on mine.

Back