Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this thing an exact copy of DX12 sized up? Or is it an inferior version. Got both on PO but I'm torn :/

Yeah I'm thinking the same...I need that accessory for the batpod too so another tick in the DX12 plus column

So is this thing an exact copy of DX12 sized up? Or is it an inferior version. Got both on PO but I'm torn :/

Who knows with HT and their prototypes, you know? They show one thing and by the time it's actually available it could be drastically different (for better or for worse). Hell, when they originally showed the DX 02 Batman both in spec pics AND at shows it wasn't even the real figure. It was some new DX 02 parts on a MMS 71 Batman. :lol

and that's why I'm gonna wait until this starts shipping before I decide which Batman I want. Who knows, maybe EB will even have a TDK version by the time this ships.

Hi guys, I need some help here.
I ordered Batman TDKR 1:4 form Hot Toys, and as I've so many others HT 1:6 scale figures and Sideshof statues on way, I decided to pass on Enterbay Batman Begins 1:4 and Enterbay Joker 1:4 too :monkey2
I decided to wait hoping Hot Toys releases those two figures.
The question is:
Does anyone knows officially if Hot Toys are making those figures 1:4 and the release date?

Who knows with HT and their prototypes, you know? They show one thing and by the time it's actually available it could be drastically different (for better or for worse). Hell, when they originally showed the DX 02 Batman both in spec pics AND at shows it wasn't even the real figure. It was some new DX 02 parts on a MMS 71 Batman. :lol

:lecture True! In fairness to Hot Toys though their final product is usually the same, if not better than the proto. But at the same time their recent work has been a bit hit n' miss more than previously....

and that's why I'm gonna wait until this starts shipping before I decide which Batman I want. Who knows, maybe EB will even have a TDK version by the time this ships.

That's the route I shouldve gone down...now I've committed my NRD to both with sideshow :slap Very schoolboy of me :monkey2 Damn my trigger finger :gah:

I keep looking at this and getting turned off by the cowl over and over again and the face sculpt

If they get me one as accurate as this (bale no doubt) I will pre order
img0415nv.jpg

I keep looking at this and getting turned off by the cowl over and over again and the face sculpt

If they get me one as accurate as this (bale no doubt) I will pre orderhttps://img38.imageshack.us/img38/442/img0415nv.jpg[/

I'm guessing the hot toys qs001 had PERS? The PERS eyes always seem to look bigger in 1/6 scale than regular eyes version. Maybe if they used 1/6 PERS in this 1/4 version that could look better at least for eyes. The cowl I have no idea what to do. The figure could use thicker neck.

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

The Hot Toys sculpt looks so awful compared to the real deal. And they want $500 for this? :lol Its sad because I really wanted this to "stand out" and bring 1:4 to a whole new level of realism that 1:6 figures can't acheive. As many others have said, this looks exactly like a blown up 1/6 figure.

All these years and figures later and they still can not get the cowl right. But Medicom did. Why? :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I'm confused, I thought medicom's had to be customized for it to look good?

The Medicom is a 3D scan of the actual cowl (i.e. it can't be beaten on accuracy theoretically).

The flaw though is that it's cast hollow, so the production versions shrunk to be too narrow. Since its hollow though, it's relatively painless to fill it with material to widen it to accurate proportion. Once you do that, it's pretty much 99% accurate.

The Medicom is a 3D scan of the actual cowl (i.e. it can't be beaten on accuracy theoretically).

The flaw though is that it's cast hollow, so the production versions shrunk to be too narrow. Since its hollow though, it's relatively painless to fill it with material to widen it to accurate proportion. Once you do that, it's pretty much 99% accurate.

Crap, I need to go buy 1/4 scale cotton balls.

Honestly I don't understan why Hot Toys doesn't do the same thing that Medicom did, with the 3D scan stuff... it doesn't make any sense... internal politic? or what?

Back