Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't care how nice this piece may be! it can not be more pricier then the tumbler! that's a very detailed vehicle! again vehicle! it's a vehicle! this is a action figure! never pay that much for a figure! thats just ridiculous! theres no way in hell i would ever give anyone that much money for an action figure! the hobby has finally reached the price level where you can just say its absurd! obviously theres going to be people who have no price limit or who dont care what price its at cause they just love batman. but if you really just think about it, im sure everyone would agree this price point is just insane.

That may be but as near as I can tell, it's about average for the scale.

I agree it's pricey and too rich for my blood. Not to mention, I really don't have the room for 1/4 scale. I'm happy with 1/6 and will continue to collect them. There are a bunch of collectors that are excited for this and have the $$ so more power to them and congrats to those who are buying. I am very excited to see this being released and I hope to be able to see one in person.

This and the EB purchase didn't come easy for me, it took a shift in my collection.

To purchase 1/4 HT/EB and pay for Tumbler I had to sell my:

Cap
Thor
IM Mark 4
War Machine
Spidey
Superman
King Leonidas
Blade

A decision i'm very happy with.

I'm happy to soon own 1/4 once again but with a medium that I enjoy, I am no longer a statue fan

This and the EB purchase didn't come easy for me, it took a shift in my collection.

To purchase 1/4 HT/EB and pay for Tumbler I had to sell my:

Cap
Thor
IM Mark 4
War Machine
Spidey
Superman
King Leonidas
Blade

A decision i'm very happy with.

I'm happy to soon own 1/4 once again but with a medium that I enjoy, I am no longer a statue fan

Great sacrafice for your collecting..I admire you for doing it..I just stand on street corners and BEG.......:rotfl
I sold most of my IMs for Bat stuff

Constant Cruise comparison? LOL I did twice!
And the Cruise comparison was a valid one, I wasn't the only one that did it. And the second time was for fun, cause you got all pissy about it in the first time. If you didn't get it, then it's your problem. You should start calling out here everyone that do this WAAAAAAAY more than I do, HT Xerif. I don't even post in these threads, or here in the forum that much. And I won't change my way of posting for you either, so just put me on ignore if you want.

Now don't get all pissy in your pants again cause I backed up what I said here, buddy. I said it was inaccurate and I SHOWED you why. PERIOD. And ONLY cause you called me out. That was my only serious comment, I don't keep repeating the same things over and over like some people do in other threads....million of times...relentlessly. I said my part and moved on. I will comment and spend MY time with what I like.
You are the one that got all pissy cause it's something that you are buying. Heard the frase that says don't do to others what you don't like them doing to yourself? You love to point things wrong, but when someone come back at you the BEST thing you do is calling a fanboy?

I have 4 figures in my collection. 2 1/6 HT's and 2 EB's. I collect mostly PF's, 1:3 scale pieces, 1:1 busts, props, replicas etc. Being collecting things for 12 years. I'm FAR for being a fanboy of this or that company, so before you open your mouth to judge someone you don't even know, do your homework or give them the benefit of the doubt first. 2 comments are just WAY too little to form an opinion about someone. ;)
Nothing more to say to you, have a good night and enjoy your figure. :)
Won't waste more time arguing about that.

First off, the Cruise comparison wasn't a valid one, because you, and others like you, didn't even bother to back it up. Second, I'm not getting pissy, I even went as far as to say that you are correct in that it needs work, and, even in my first post, I stated that it needs work, so there's that. Also, I love to "point things wrong" ( I think you meant point things out that are wrong" ;))? I haven't complained once about the Enterbay Batman. I complain about Bill's attitude, and Enterbay's business practices, but, other than the Bruce Wayne head, I've openly admitted that it's a fantastic piece, nor have I said something about the cape clips, so, I'm not entirely sure where that comes from.:dunno

Suffice it to say, I apologize if I made any hasty generalizations about you, that was my mistake, but you can see where I'd be mistaken when I rarely venture into the statue threads, and, as far as the "DC action figures" subsections go, your posts generally consist of criticizing Hot Toys and touting Enterbay as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

blah 3 1/4 batmans from 3 makers (hot toys, sideshow, EB) in a short span of time, I'll just stick with the sideshow one for now.

It's all god, bro, no need to apologize at all, really. But that's a class act and I say the same to you if I offended you in any way.
And I really saw Cruise in there the first time I saw THAT specific picture I quoted. lol
I even got surprised and laugh when you said that everyone said the same.
Believe me, I'm the first to point out when people are "peeing" on others people parade, as I hate to do that myself. I don't even post too much around here, like I said to you..
and criticizing HT? I have 2 HT figures and rave about them here in their threads..Reeve Supes and the Godfather....
I give credit when credit is due, trust me. I learned to be very fair after collecting for all this time...
cheers.

Last edited:
Are there any parts to this figure that is made of rubber?

It looks like the armor plating is a fake leather material glued to an underlying fabric material.

Competitive pricing, my ass. I'm getting Bats from Razor's Edge or Alter Ego. Save $40. Couldn't care less about the exclusive cowl.

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but I just noticed that the "points" of the wings of his chest symbol don't line up with the lines of the lower chest armor like they do on the real costume. It's slightly better on the DX12 (though one side is still short, and of course, the bat symbol's head is too big)...so I'm surprised they missed such a seemingly simple thing to match and line up properly on the 1/4.

^^^ you're worried about the bat symbol's wing tips? What about that jawline with the mask? That's much more distracting when seeing a comp like that.

Indeed. It boggles my mind that anyone is giving HT money for this thing. How could they have gotten the cowl so wrong?

Price seems fair. This hobby aint for poor people anymore.

i don't think thats the issue for people complaining about the price. its about it being fair or not fair. i make enough to buy this if i wanted to and i also have the space for it in my home. i just would never drop that much on a figure imo. it just seems obscene to me to charge that much for an action figure, even at 1/4 scale.

It's all god, bro, no need to apologize at all, really. But that's a class act and I say the same to you if I offended you in any way.
And I really saw Cruise in there the first time I saw THAT specific picture I quoted. lol
I even got surprised and laugh when you said that everyone said the same.
Believe me, I'm the first to point out when people are "peeing" on others people parade, as I hate to do that myself. I don't even post too much around here, like I said to you..
and criticizing HT? I have 2 HT figures and rave about them here in their threads..Reeve Supes and the Godfather....
I give credit when credit is due, trust me. I learned to be very fair after collecting for all this time...
cheers.

Well, judging by those two figures, I can see why you might complain about others. You own two of the best figures HT has ever made, so everything else must seem inferior. :lol I missed the boat on The Godfather, and I still hope to track it down someday, but there's just so much...

^^^ you're worried about the bat symbol's wing tips? What about that jawline with the mask? That's much more distracting when seeing a comp like that.

You're right, I just didn't notice that at first glance like I did the wing tips. Probably because I was unconsciously comparing how things on each version of the costume (1/4 and real) line up to other parts of the same costume. To me, when designing the chest symbol, it would have been natural to look at things in it's immediate vicinity (like the lower armor lines) to get it's proportion and placement right.

I definitely agree that the cowl errors are more glaring when comparing the 1/4 to the real thing though. In any case, I am not getting this...and it's not because I'm so turned off by the inaccuracies...it's just that I can't afford to get into 1/4, and once I get my DX12 and combine it with my DX02 accessories, I'll be satisfied that have everything I really want from this costume version of Batman in 1/6 scale already.

Price seems fair. This hobby aint for poor people anymore.

I'm far from poor, but I don't think nearly $500 for a plastic action figure is anywhere close to fair. In fact, I'd go so far as saying it's utterly ridiculous.

Back