Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That price is stiff,but understandable.

Me personally never got a Batman figure because after several attempts,HT still can't get the cowl right.Yes the overall figures they have made are pretty cool but the cowls have never been accurate.Don't know if it is the neck,horns,eyes,mouth area or something else,but they never looked right to me.

People are _____ing about EB Bat having an inaccurate 0.1mm bigger cape clip and I'M the fanboy? :rotfl
Give me break. I posted ONCE here, don't even go to threads to bash stuff and repeating myself over and over, unlike some of you. Some of you peeps love to bash things and can't take any heat back. Yes, to me it is inaccurate and unlike you, I won't keep repeting this over and over unless I'm called for. But since you just did, then here you go:

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

Judging by THIS picture above....they need a LOT of work to make it right. Good thing they have time to fix it.
The cowl is very wrong, make him looking like a bird. Like his head got caught in an elevator doors. The neck is very thin too, and wrong, it should "shows" a little of the fabric mesh in the front, it's "closed down", like they ignored the whole mesh in the neck thing.. The shoulder pads are not right either, they look like football pads, they should be closer to his arm and less bulkier. And the fabric that holds the armor looks nothing like the real thing either. It should have a "mesh" like texture, like the original costume. That's a cool feature of the costume and should be there. There's also texture details also missing all around the armor that I could point out...

So yes, they need to do a LOT of work for it to be close to accurate...

I agree with all these inaccuracies.

BTW the oversized EB cape clip is just as glaring as any of the above suit problems you mention.

Also I find it baffling that you think the EB Joker is worth getting if you're sharp enough to see all the inaccuracies with this HT Batman. :monkey1

That price is stiff,but understandable.

Me personally never got a Batman figure because after several attempts,HT still can't get the cowl right.Yes the overall figures they have made are pretty cool but the cowls have never been accurate.Don't know if it is the neck,horns,eyes,mouth area or something else,but they never looked right to me.

Agreed. With the inflated price and a sucky cowl, this is a no purchase from me unless they fix it.

BTW the oversized EB cape clip is just as glaring as any of the above suit problems you mention.

Also I find it baffling that you think the EB Joker is worth getting if you're sharp enough to see all the inaccuracies with this HT Batman. :monkey1

I disagree with you about the "oversized" EB clip. To me, that is WAY less of a problem and don't bother as much as these faults here. And that is fixable, the things I pointed out here are not.

About the Joker; Worth getting, yes, Perfect, nope. I said many times here and in other forums that there won't ever be a figure that is 100% perfect. But since I was called out and unfairly called "fanboy", I did this comparison to make my point. To me this figure needs some work, and since HT have PLENTY of time to fix it, they are all valid points, unlike EB, that already have the figures out and nothing can be changed at this point.

So Enterbay's 1/4 figures are $420+/- including shipping.

Hot Toys 1/4 figures are $465 + at least $60 to ship this massive thing internationally. Probably more.

So most likely totally around $530+

Over $100 more than the Enterbay products ?

2 days ago, did anybody think what a bargain the Enterbay Batman would be ? :D

If this were $399 I think they would sell more....people who are die hard Batman fans are gonna buy it no matter what. But most people who were waiting to see the price on this just shut the door on it once they saw $465.

Lmao at people _____ing hes about the same price as a pf what do you guys expect?

LMAO at the price for an action figure. PF's are a $100 cheaper than this on average. Huge pass at this price, plus it's HT non limited.

So Enterbay's 1/4 figures are $420+/- including shipping.

Hot Toys 1/4 figures are $465 + at least $60 to ship this massive thing internationally. Probably more.

So most likely totally around $530+

Over $100 more than the Enterbay products ?

2 days ago, did anybody think what a bargain the Enterbay Batman would be ? :D

Not only that, but with the 'limited edition' tag, there is no hurry to order it. It will not sell out, and even the 'exclusive' gimmick will not help it fly off the shelve ( see classic predator ).
So, with the NRD, and the unlimited 'limited', they can hold on to it for me till, and if I am ever ready to get him.

Why are you laughing? Do you think almost $500 is a reasonable price for a plastic action figure because I certainly don't.

He'll no its a awful price laughing cause alot of people was going crazy over this what do you expect at 1/4.

:hi5:
1989 Batmobile also May 2013, going to be an expensive month.

:horror

yup :lol

Yeah, but about 50 bucks of your hard-earned money is going away within the next 24 hours. For something you'll get in about a year. Have fun with that. :lol

$50.00, what's that, I blink and I spend that amount.

I live in NY, you should see the taxes on my house :lol

Smart man...in hand it will be a mind-blower......:yess:

:yess:

I disagree with you about the "oversized" EB clip. To me, that is WAY less of a problem and don't bother as much as these faults here. And that is fixable, the things I pointed out here are not.

About the Joker; Worth getting, yes, Perfect, nope. I said many times here and in other forums that there won't ever be a figure that is 100% perfect. But since I was called out and unfairly called "fanboy", I did this comparison to make my point. To me this figure needs some work, and since HT have PLENTY of time to fix it, they are all valid points, unlike EB, that already have the figures out and nothing can be changed at this point.

Of course there will never be a 100% perfect figure. That goes without saying.

However, if one is going to get a 1/4 figure, the first hurdle it has to cross IMO is that it has to be MORE accurate than any 1/6 representation. The EB Joker stumbles on that first hurdle pretty badly for me. DX11 is better proportion wise, clothing wise and headsculpt wise. Not to mention there's plenty of custom sculpts out there that also beat the EB 1/4 on likeness.

EB 1/4 Begins Batman is the only one out of all the 1/4 Nolan stuff which is a clear improvement over its 1/6 counterpart IMO.

If they fixed the head and neck it would help me justify the price. Heck even just a statement saying they were reworking it might have me POing. I'm just afraid it won't change and I'll regret it too much later on.

For $500 I need a product that looks REAL. It can have a few problems but I need to look at it and think "This is the best Batman figure ever". For a $250 1/6 figure I can be super stoked to have an awesome figure that looks like a realistic toy. That's why this and EB is hard to swallow right now.

If they fixed the head and neck it would help me justify the price. Heck even just a statement saying they were reworking it might have me POing. I'm just afraid it won't change and I'll regret it too much later on.

For $500 I need a product that looks REAL. It can have a few problems but I need to look at it and think "This is the best Batman figure ever". For a $250 1/6 figure I can be super stoked to have an awesome figure that looks like a realistic toy. That's why this and EB is hard to swallow right now.

Yeah for the practically double price and larger canvas, there really is no excuse for the continued problems with the sculpt and neck :slap:cuckoo:

Of course there will never be a 100% perfect figure. That goes without saying.

However, if one is going to get a 1/4 figure, the first hurdle it has to cross IMO is that it has to be MORE accurate than any 1/6 representation. The EB Joker stumbles on that first hurdle pretty badly for me. DX11 is better proportion wise, clothing wise and headsculpt wise. Not to mention there's plenty of custom sculpts out there that also beat the EB 1/4 on likeness.

EB 1/4 Begins Batman is the only one out of all the 1/4 Nolan stuff which is a clear improvement over its 1/6 counterpart IMO.

I disagree about the proportions, void. Being a photographer and working with people, I know pretty well how cameras/lenses/angles distorts a human being. It just took 2 pictures of the Joker in the right angle for me to remove any doubt about the proportions. I have no doubts that it will look great in hands. I also disagree about plenty of sculpts out there that beats the HS. I have seem many good, but IMO this is the best one yet at a "reasonable" price. Sure, I can pay Bobby C to make me a 6k 1/3 Joker, or a 1:1 bust... but you get the point.

I disagree about the proportions, void. Being a photographer and working with people, I know pretty well how cameras/lenses/angles distorts a human being. It just took 2 pictures of the Joker in the right angle for me to remove any doubt about the proportions. I have no doubts that it will look great in hands. I also disagree about plenty of sculpts out there that beats the HS. I have seem many good, but IMO this is the best one yet at a "reasonable" price. Sure, I can pay Bobby C to make me a 6k 1/3 Joker, or a 1:1 bust... but you get the point.

Well agree to disagree then. Look fwd to your pics of the 1/4 figures :)

You have seem the pic of him next to the BR Joker right? :lol The BR Joker looks fine and EBs had those ridiculously long legs and stretched head sculpt.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back