Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoah! hot damn! $465!!!! I'm glad I'm not interested in this thing at all. 1/6 figures are hard enough to pose and balance, imagine how stiff this guy is gonna be. That is a crazy price. Glad I stick to statues. This makes buying the obiwan statue seem much easier at $350. Oh well, congrats to those getting this.

Price seems fair. This hobby aint for poor people anymore.

Was it ever :lol

HT needs to make a 1/4 Hulk :horror

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but I just noticed that the "points" of the wings of his chest symbol don't line up with the lines of the lower chest armor like they do on the real costume. It's slightly better on the DX12 (though one side is still short, and of course, the bat symbol's head is too big)...so I'm surprised they missed such a seemingly simple thing to match and line up properly on the 1/4.

Good catch, how did master voidcat miss that. :lol

Anyways, I'm not worried, void will have them fix everything. :yess:

I'm far from poor, but I don't think nearly $500 for a plastic action figure is anywhere close to fair. In fact, I'd go so far as saying it's utterly ridiculous.

I completely agree! I don't think anyone who even slightly partakes in this hobby is anywhere near poor, maybe getting broke from it, but not poor to start off. You obviously must have alot of extra income to partake in the hobby. Its about whether you feel an action figure is worth $500 or not. And imo no action figure in any brand is worth anywhere near that amount.

I'm sure the cowl will be drastically changed by release date. If not, it'd be tough to justify the moola for this.

Yep, I'm waiting for the in hand pics first, and if it looks like it does now then screw dropping the bills on this. :lol

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but I just noticed that the "points" of the wings of his chest symbol don't line up with the lines of the lower chest armor like they do on the real costume. It's slightly better on the DX12 (though one side is still short, and of course, the bat symbol's head is too big)...so I'm surprised they missed such a seemingly simple thing to match and line up properly on the 1/4.

Good point, and it DOES match up much better on the DX12 :lol :slap

How many times has it been, Void? I'm hoping to have at least 12 under my belt by the end of the initial theatrical run. :lol

How many times has it been, Void? I'm hoping to have at least 12 under my belt by the end of the initial theatrical run. :lol

It's been 4 now, all at the IMAX. :lol :yess:

5th coming on Sunday with my wife and family, at regular theater - could not get IMAX seats for the whole family, sold out. Wife hasn't seen it yet..

So Enterbay's 1/4 figures are $420+/- including shipping.

Hot Toys 1/4 figures are $465 + at least $60 to ship this massive thing internationally. Probably more.

So most likely totally around $530+

Over $100 more than the Enterbay products ?

2 days ago, did anybody think what a bargain the Enterbay Batman would be ? :D

Why anyone would buy from EnterBay is beyond me. After the mess with the MIB figures, I won't buy a damn thing from them. I bought these figures and the 24 Jack and they stink.

EB can suck it!

Ya know...one of the big reasons I like the 1:6 scale is because of the articulation. I am glad that this is batman and not Star Wars or GI Joe as I would not be able to pass up this 1:4 scale...fully articulated figure.

My mind is completely blown by the idea of a fully articulated figure at that scale.

And if it is still availabe in a couple of months when I have the funds, I WILL get it just to check it out.

Just want to throw it out there... EB is getting an American distributor. There's already preorders for their 1/4 Rambo at $360. That's $40-$60 off direct from them.

Their 1/4 Batman/Joker will fall into the $360 range later on if it follows suit as Rambo.

So you have to look at it this way... HT is charging $100 for a new base. There's plenty of accessories with the EB set, but it's repetitive bombs, batarangs, some belt clips that are magnetic versus... a pretty base? Some cowls/masks and the guns.

And based on the logic of paying more for this suit... why the hell should HT be charging $225 for last years TF Exclusive? Same suit. The logic some of you people pull out is hilarious. It's not even about what company is better anymore. EB's first attempt at the suit is not bad at all. There are intricate details everyone overlooked and kept bashing the set until in hand pics came out. HT should be nailing this TDKR suit perfect. They've made soooooooooooooo many versions by now, it's a joke so far because they got lazy and just up scaled the 1/6 version without rebuilding much from the ground up.

Both BW heads are ass in their own respects. EB's looks too ghastly, and HT's looks like a bug eyed cry baby.

That's the beauty of it all. You don't like it (not feeling it) just walk away :)

It's hard for me to say too, since i'm a big fan of 1/4 scale.

I'm yet to enter the 1/4 crack world, but once EB Batman arrives I'll probably be hooked(and then broke:lol).

EB bats is not perfect but still a must, this on the other hand needs some fixing.

Still not as bad as EB joker though.:lol

It's been 4 now, all at the IMAX. :lol :yess:

5th coming on Sunday with my wife and family, at regular theater - could not get IMAX seats for the whole family, sold out. Wife hasn't seen it yet..

I'm at two now. I'd been trying to suppress the urge to see it again until I could visit the IMAX theater, but I couldn't. They say "third time's the charm", so I hope to finally see it in IMAX. :lol

The funny thing is I started a thread months back about the coming of 1/4 scale and how cool it would be, and their potential replacement or competition to the PF... of course was bombarded with haters... and words like "dollies" and plastic can't replace poly stone, blah blah.. but honestly.. 1/4 figures are here and I have to say they are pretty @#&()& awesome!!!...:) They look great with my other PF's and in some respects blow the PF's right out of the water.. not to mention the pose-a-ability... Bring the 1/4 HT, EB or any other company that can give us licensed kick-ass figures!

I'm yet to enter the 1/4 crack world, but once EB Batman arrives I'll probably be hooked(and then broke:lol).

EB bats is not perfect but still a must, this on the other hand needs some fixing.

Still not as bad as EB joker though.:lol

HT's has alotta work ahead of them. Them losing the battle (as nerdy as that sounds) to EB would be pure torture to them.

The EB Joker (imo) is a laughable release. It's a mix between the V1 HT's joker and the DX01. It's weak and lacks big time considering the price point. It's not even a "wow" figure with a weak likeness.

WOW, outrages price!. Guess that's what we get for buying there figures and making there company grow. They could careless about collectors, there just money hungry now.

Back