Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With shipping this will be close to $500...that's just ridiculous for an action figure. I love the idea of a 1/4 scale Batman, but when they're asking more for it than most Sideshow PF statues that's when its time to draw the line. I would've been a buyer at $375-400, but gonna have to pass at this price.

You find a legit friend and I'll buy thru him too if the savings is there. Lemme know.

Will do :duff

Hell, the more the merrier. We can probably get this stuff by the case or whatever, which would save on shipping, too. It'd take longer than EMS, but be MUCH cheaper and we'd still likely get the items before Sideshow ships theirs (and for much cheaper).

With shipping this will be close to $500...that's just ridiculous for an action figure. I love the idea of a 1/4 scale Batman, but when they're asking more for it than most Sideshow PF statues that's when its time to draw the line. I would've been a buyer at $375-400, but gonna have to pass at this price.
I don't wanna sound like more of a defender of this figure than I probably am here (I probably won't even buy it), BUT, HT figures have much better paint apps than SSC PFs do in general. Add in the new body developed and HT having to learn how to do something so revolutionary in relation to what they previously have done, and I think the cost doesn't seem that unreasonable in comparison to SSC PFs. Now, if you wanna say that PFs are ridiculously overpriced as well, then you will get no argument from me.

Yep. Hot Toys has been raising their prices, no doubt. But the biggest different started after Sideshow became sole official NA Distributor for all of their products. Not a coincidence that the prices started shooting way up right after that. And the other US retailers (who have to buy the products from Sideshow) continually sell them for less, which is alone proof that Sideshow has huge profit margins added onto these things.

Time to start looking for a friend in HK. This has long since gotten ridiculous.

There are several people on this site from HK. I wonder if we, as in SideshowFreaks, could strike up a deal to order through our own person? I would be down for that. Shoot, if I was in HK I would do it for almost nothing.

Ordered. Didn't hesitate one bit. Yes it may be slightly overpriced, but I don't care TBH. If there's an exclusive for any figure, I will go for it. The only disappointing thing is going to be the long ass wait.

Lmao at people _____ing hes about the same price as a pf what do you guys expect?

Why are you laughing? Do you think almost $500 is a reasonable price for a plastic action figure because I certainly don't.

$465 for na utterly inaccurate 1/4 Bat figure...what a great deal! :lol

Utterly inaccurate? For the most part, the only things that are wrong with it are from the neck up. The body's only problems are the undersuit, and the Bat head. Even the shoulders are accurate. They need to be a bit smaller, sure, but in terms of construction and design, they're accurate. Stop being such a fanboy.

Utterly inaccurate? For the most part, the only things that are wrong with it are from the neck up. The body's only problems are the undersuit, and the Bat head. Even the shoulders are accurate. They need to be a bit smaller, sure, but in terms of construction and design, they're accurate. Stop being such a fanboy.

People are _____ing about EB Bat having an inaccurate 0.1mm bigger cape clip and I'M the fanboy? :rotfl
Give me break. I posted ONCE here, don't even go to threads to bash stuff and repeating myself over and over, unlike some of you. Figures are not even my main collecting focus. Some of you peeps love to bash things and can't take any heat back. Yes, to me it is inaccurate and unlike you, I won't keep repeting this over and over unless I'm called for. But since you just did, then here you go:

483315_10150946937452271_694332775_n.jpg

Judging by THIS picture above....they need a LOT of work to make it right. Good thing they have time to fix it.
The cowl is very wrong, make him looking like a bird. Like his head got caught in an elevator doors. The neck is very thin too, and wrong, it should "shows" a little of the fabric mesh in the front, it's "closed down", like they ignored the whole mesh in the neck thing.. The shoulder pads are not right either, they look like football pads, they should be closer to his arm and less bulkier. And the fabric that holds the armor looks nothing like the real thing either. It should have a "mesh" like texture, like the original costume. That's a cool feature of the costume and should be there. There's also texture details also missing all around the armor that I could point out...

So yes, they need to do a LOT of work for it to be close to accurate...

Last edited:
NRD only bothers me because it takes away my ability to be fickle with my orders. Yeah, technically, $40 today is worth more than it will be worth in a year I guess, but that doesn't bug me. And as long as I know for sure I'm buying something I don't really care about them taking a percentage up front. But I recently started thinking about canceling the HT Ex. Luke Skywalker because I'm not as enthused now as I was when I ordered, but am balking because they already took $30 from me that I won't get back.

Back