Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same here.
really disappointed by the result. i'm happy for others here who think this looks phenomenal, but for me it looks actually aweful! the shoulders, the chest, the neck, the headsculpt, everything is looking strange. it doesn't work together, no harmony. difficult to explain. it looks like its being a very small figure, so it wasn't possible to get the proportions right, but damn, this is an 1/4 figure, and it should look alright.

the accessories are looking very great though and it has A LOT! this is what it should any 1/6 figure have for their new price-tags!

the bale sculpt... sorry but meh! sure it has some more details here and there, but it's TOO much details, so it gives me an overall look of Tom Cruise and not Bale...

i think hot toys just can't sculpt a bale batman sculpt by looking at this. they had so many attemps, and now also the 1/4 chance where you should have thought it would be easier for the artist, but damn no, again they fail :(

dissapointed, as I've expected to have an 1/4 tdk figure at my desk, but now i'm going to pass easily on this.

To be fair with Hot Toys, the 2011 Batman begins cowl looks at their best attempt to get a Bale Batman.

582062_337650142985894_561666489_n.jpg

William Lau

same here.
really disappointed by the result. i'm happy for others here who think this looks phenomenal, but for me it looks actually aweful! the shoulders, the chest, the neck, the headsculpt, everything is looking strange. it doesn't work together, no harmony. difficult to explain. it looks like its being a very small figure, so it wasn't possible to get the proportions right, but damn, this is an 1/4 figure, and it should look alright.

the accessories are looking very great though and it has A LOT! this is what it should any 1/6 figure have for their new price-tags!

the bale sculpt... sorry but meh! sure it has some more details here and there, but it's TOO much details, so it gives me an overall look of Tom Cruise and not Bale...

i think hot toys just can't sculpt a bale batman sculpt by looking at this. they had so many attemps, and now also the 1/4 chance where you should have thought it would be easier for the artist, but damn no, again they fail :(

dissapointed, as I've expected to have an 1/4 tdk figure at my desk, but now i'm going to pass easily on this.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Thrustmaster, I'm not making fun of your opinion, but it cracks me up the frequency of the "looks more like..." comparison on this forum. It's just that phrase. "looks more like Tom Cruise than Bale", "looks more like Guy Pearce than Gary Oldman"; it's always someone else.

Thrustmaster, I'm not making fun of your opinion, but it cracks me up the frequency of the "looks more like..." comparison on this forum. It's just that phrase. "looks more like Tom Cruise than Bale", "looks more like Guy Pearce than Gary Oldman"; it's always someone else.

:D

ok let me say it different then:

Damn, that tom cruise headsculpt is brilliant and has a wonderful likeness!

better? :D

and btw, i'm not bashing only ht. i think that cruise sculpt is looking way better then enterbays attempt.

what's weirder is that it's always Tom Cruise. :lol

:lol There it is! The Tom Cruise likeness that haunts this forum. Seriously how many sculpts have we seen that people said it looked like Tom Cruise?

582062_337650142985894_561666489_n.jpg

William Lau

I think there's something about the proportions or the fit of the suit in this scale that makes it look more accurate and streamlined than the 1/6 version. The torso and how it transitions into the legs look much better on this figure as well.

Has Maglor commented on the torso armor yet? I think he'd be pleased that the 1/4 figure has some spacing between the rib and abdominal armor plates. And it looks more like pieces layered on top of one another.

and btw, i'm not bashing only ht. i think that cruise sculpt is looking way better then enterbays attempt.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Even if you aren't the biggest fan of it, you've got to admit that it's got potential. I wouldn't give up on it just yet. There's still quite a while until this guy is ready to ship. That's plenty of time to complain, and, subsequently, plenty of time for tweaks and improvement. :D

:rotfl Yeah Enterbay's Tom Cruise sculpt was awful. There was just WAY too much Scarlett Johansson in the eyes.

There must be a reason why the open-mouthed plate is not used at all in any of HT's pics.

My analysis:
Spoiler Spoiler:

There must be a reason why the open-mouthed plate is not used at all in any of HT's pics.

My analysis:
Spoiler Spoiler:

its probably not done yet. The open mouth face plate looks photoshopped in from the DX12.

Skipping this. It looks incredible but I've already started to collect Batman 1/6 figures, and the size of this is just too large for my collection. I'd love to have the Sonar head and the empty mask, though (in 1/6 scale :().

Back