Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

The release date for Spidey has brought with it a horrible realisation as to the wait we will have for this guy.

Could be at least July 2011. :( :(

Not to mention The Man of Steel has a bigger dong. :monkey1

images

Damn how a sculpt like that would be epic ^

What do you reckon the chances are of getting that sort of sculpt though? I would have said that they would go for "steely determination" or something similar. Don't get me wrong, I would love the good-hearted smile (in fact, that's the only sculpt that would convince me to purchase this figure - otherwise the previous 2-in-1 HT Supes is good enough for me), but I just can't see them going for something that doesn't scream Man Of Steel.

Possibly we may get a smirking/smiling CK sculpt, but the Superman one will be a stoic one for sure.

There's going to be a ton of fan sculpts. HT will have to settle for one or two face sculpts, but everyone has their own favorite way they remember Christopher Reeve.

There's going to be a ton of fan sculpts. HT will have to settle for one or two face sculpts, but everyone has their own favorite way they remember Christopher Reeve.

They will probably go with three:
-Clark Kent,
-Smiling Supes
-Serious Supes

by looking at the Spider-man figure i have high hopes for a Chris flying pose, that they didn't get with the SR Supes

After seeing the way HT have used a form fitting costume with their Spider-man release, I am so excited about this one.

My biggest worry was how the costume was going to look, but now I know it is going to be amazing.

I just can't wait for the arguments over what color blue they used.

"Too green!"
"But that was the suit!"​
"They color adjusted it on screen!"
"Well the actual wardrobe was this color!"​
"Well I want what was on screen!"
"I want it to look like the actual fabric you tool!!!"​

:gah::gah::gah::gah:

Good point...
The suit color was very different from what it looked like on film, right?

Yes. They couldn't film a blue suit against a blue screen. The suit was kinda teal color.

What do you reckon the chances are of getting that sort of sculpt though? I would have said that they would go for "steely determination" or something similar. Don't get me wrong, I would love the good-hearted smile (in fact, that's the only sculpt that would convince me to purchase this figure - otherwise the previous 2-in-1 HT Supes is good enough for me), but I just can't see them going for something that doesn't scream Man Of Steel.

Not very good, I must say :lol Although I steely would be good, I agree with your purchasing dilemma. I'm thinking alone the same lines. If it's not EXACTLY what I'm picturing, I may just give a miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back