Hot Toys Superman (1978 film version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Superman

if the selling of this Superman goes well (as it should be) we will probably be getting the Jor-El with the Black Suit, and of course ZOD, and if it all goes well with this ones then will see Non, Ursa, and Bad-Supeman form the third movie, i think theyre the more atractive character of the movie,.....and of course Gene-Lex

if the selling of this Superman goes well (as it should be) we will probably be getting the Jor-El with the Black Suit, and of course ZOD, and if it all goes well with this ones then will see Non, Ursa, and Bad-Supeman form the third movie, i think theyre the more atractive character of the movie,.....and of course Gene-Lex

Awesome! I didnt even know Jor-El had a black suit. Would still be great to collect the older white variant then. After just rewatching the Superman I brando scene, anyone notice Supermans mom was a fox? :)

Because it was released as a Superman Returns figure.
I do hope they release a Black Suit Jor-El too...

ditto!

i really hope that they take this license to the MAX! :rock
I mean with all the different batman and Iron Man figs we've gotten, I hope we can expect the same plethora of characters with this Superman license.

c'mon HT! lets not make this a stand alone figure!!!

If we get an amazing classic Reeves Superman (DX) I'll be just too happy to think about Zod or Jor-El. If it happens to be a stand alone figure, I'm fine with it. As long they get it right the first time and dont make us buy multiple Superman figures in order to get a perfect reeves.

Yeah, how about Jimmy, Perry white, Lois, the astronauts, and all the towns people when Zod took over too.

I really think we're probably in for a stand-alone on this one ... maybe a Zod or re-release Jor-El, but I tend to think not. Certainly not a full line of figures.

Christopher Reeve's Superman is iconic ... Margot Kidder's Lois Lane and Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor really aren't. When you say "Superman", most people think of Reeve. When you say "Lex Luthor", Gene Hackman isn't even the first one that comes to my mind -- I tend to think of Michael Rosenbaum first (and I liked Spacey better than Hackman). Same with Lois Lane. I can't really see people lining up to spend $150 on a Margot Kidder figure ... she's no Sarah Connor.

SnakeDoc

I really think we're probably in for a stand-alone on this one ... maybe a Zod or re-release Jor-El, but I tend to think not. Certainly not a full line of figures.

Christopher Reeve's Superman is iconic ... Margot Kidder's Lois Lane and Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor really aren't. When you say "Superman", most people think of Reeve. When you say "Lex Luthor", Gene Hackman isn't even the first one that comes to my mind -- I tend to think of Michael Rosenbaum first (and I liked Spacey better than Hackman). Same with Lois Lane. I can't really see people lining up to spend $150 on a Margot Kidder figure ... she's no Sarah Connor.

SnakeDoc

That's true...... but i see a new sculpt of Marlon Brando Jor-El and a General Zod for sure, its a coincidence that Dc Direct made 2 Chris Reeve statue, matty collectors made a Supes and Zod and Luthor is on the way, and then Cinemaquette Supes so the license are there the only way this is going all the way if the fans support this Superman release :wink1:

I'd get a Jor El, but no interest in the others... Zod is a cool character, but the outfit is so garish that I really don't think I'd buy one.

Superman II is a film that is very dated looking. The Kryptionian villains are part 80's new wave with maybe a little punk rock. Zod outside the context of that movie looks very silly.

Im wondering how exactly HT will construct a body to fit a tight fitted spandex suit. Want a suit of this nature really restrict movement with such a figure? Would suit tearing be a possibility? Seems this type of material could be really fragile if posed to the extreme...

I keep refering to the Cinemaquette Superman trying to get a concept of what the fig may look like. I actually like the way this is constructed. Even though this is on the statue side & the head sculpt is a tad off, Im hoping the suit/overall look will be similar to this! The suit tailoring is amazing
64951220764162057131752.jpg

supes2.jpg

(2nd photo credited to Darknight)

I personally have no interest in Jor-el. I would however takes Superman, Zod and even the guy who gets his super powers from the sun in quest for peace:wink1:.

Last edited:

Astar, I imagine it will be similar to how to did their Superman Returns figure. See here for one of my pics:

IMG_6521.jpg

^^Yea, see thats what I was thinking in the beginning.

...But then I started to say, well HT knows this figure is going to be BIG & is highly anticipated, so maybe they would pull out some SUPER extra resources to go the extra miles on this guy. Not to mention HT overall quality (headsculpts, tailoring, materials used etc.) has improved drastically since the Brandon Routh was released. So I imagined they would be creating a new body specifically designed for this occasion, as well as going with new tighter fitted material for the suit!

In all Im sure the figure will be awesome which ever route they choose...

my mouth totally droooopppped when i saw that pic. :eek thought it was the hot toys!

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back