Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m playing Battlefront with my kids at the moment and I would really love some rebel grunts - HT have done nothing. Not sure what the Sideshow ones are like or if affordable at this point but anything - Tantive IV trooper, Hoth, Endor especially. Sorry probably wrong thread.

I don't think Hot Toys will ever do an army builder with an unmasked face. I wish a 3rd party would step up.

Decided to order this figure. It looks too good and overall you get a lot. Almost like a deluxe set. Love the armour design, weathering, and the head sculpt. I won’t fall too far down the Clone Wars path but I’ll keep my eyes out for some of the other Commanders. I think I’d have to get a Commander Wolffe.

Cannot wait to get this. I think it is so stunning from the pics/vids. Definitely a FOTY candidate.

I bet they're afraid people would customize them.

So it seems like a no-brainer: give people the clones they want, and there wont be a need to custom....RIGHT?! *sighs*

I just think they don't want to put in that much effort for things people will be army building. I mean some people buy cases of Stormtroopers. Troopers have to be money makers for them being so simple to make relatively.

I'm not in a rush for this figure. But I pre-ordered last December from Sideshow, and still no shipping notice. At the same time, I didn't get any delay notice either. I hope he arrives before the end of the year.

I just think they don't want to put in that much effort for things people will be army building. I mean some people buy cases of Stormtroopers. Troopers have to be money makers for them being so simple to make relatively.
I think you were referring to Rebel Troopers and not Clones, and I agree, the necessity of a headsculpt and a lot more complicated tailoring involved for something like the Hoth Trooper or Endor Commando means it's not likely Hot Toys will attempt them.

Along with not requiring headsculpts and using a lot of plastic parts, they also seem to intentionally keep troopers priced lower with the assumption that a fair number of people will buy at least two. It would be harder to sell Rebel Troopers as army builders without requiring at least a few different diverse head sculpts.

And they know armored troopers are popular enough with broad market appeal to make producing a large quantity a safe bet. They may not want to take the risk of producing something like most Rebel Troopers, which are just humanoids in clothes with a helmet.

The only one I could see happening realistically would be the Hoth Trooper since that could technically be done without a full sculpt with goggles and scarves and face wraps. But that's still unlikely.

I would be okay if Hot Toys or Sideshow wanted to offer something like a Star Wars uniform pack which people can put on any 1/6 figure of their choosing. Rebel Fleet Trooper, Hoth Trooper, Endor Commander, various officers. Even Imperials like the Death Star Trooper or AT-ST Driver.

If I preordered Rex now, do you guys think I'd get him by Christmas? Or are only the first wave of preorders being shipped out?

If I preordered Rex now, do you guys think I'd get him by Christmas? Or are only the first wave of preorders being shipped out?
I pre-ordered IG-11 from Sideshow this past June (right after he was released in Hong Kong), and I didn't get him until the middle of September. Based on that timing, I think it's unlikely you'll get Rex before the end of the year if you pre-ordered now.

Back