Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had Rex 100% paid at Sideshow since February 5th. Trying not to order from them anymore to begin with, but never paying off a figure early again when I do. Such nonsense.

I’ve had Rex 100% paid at Sideshow since February 5th. Trying not to order from them anymore to begin with, but never paying off a figure early again when I do. Such nonsense.
It really is ridiculous. It happened to me twice in a row when I paid early thinking it would speed up the process but it just pushes you back apparently. It took so long for Deluxe Mando I gave up months later and fortunately Alterego order came in. I only preordered with SS later because I was paranoid the Alterego preorder would cancel or something.

Agreed, he was a Day 1 pre-order who I paid off in February.

Reading on reddit that some people are having their Rex's shipped out today and tomorrow who ordered Rex in February, when some of us had him ordered 9 months prior is definitely frustrating.

I guess those who pay the full amount wait more. They are not on a schedule, but flexpayers are. And once the last payment is charged figure goes into shipping schedule. But once you paid full, you destroy any schedule. This is just my guess though.

I guess those who pay the full amount wait more. They are not on a schedule, but flexpayers are. And once the last payment is charged figure goes into shipping schedule. But once you paid full, you destroy any schedule. This is just my guess though.

One of the posts I read on Reddit said that the user ordered it in February and paid it off in March.

So his was paid off as well, I think its just that Sideshow sucks and just randomly chooses.

Maybe. But still I think randomness only applies to those who paid in full. Flexpayers' shipments go according to the schedule.

I mentioned this in the Grievous thread I think, but SS CS told me that any alterations will push you to the back. It happened to me several times but the confirmation I got was when my Grievous was prepping to ship and you get the email that says “make any changes before (Insert date here)” and I added the double box and it kicked me right out of line. She told me that’s exactly what happened and it booted me from shipping to the back of the line. She then told me it basically happens with ANY change or early payment because of the way the system is designed. The funny thing is, before they made the update that lets you do early payments on your plan by yourself and you used to have to email in to get that done it wouldn’t kick you to the back. Really annoying

I mentioned this in the Grievous thread I think, but SS CS told me that any alterations will push you to the back. It happened to me several times but the confirmation I got was when my Grievous was prepping to ship and you get the email that says “make any changes before (Insert date here)” and I added the double box and it kicked me right out of line. She told me that’s exactly what happened and it booted me from shipping to the back of the line. She then told me it basically happens with ANY change or early payment because of the way the system is designed. The funny thing is, before they made the update that lets you do early payments on your plan by yourself and you used to have to email in to get that done it wouldn’t kick you to the back. Really annoying
Weird. After SSC switched to new system I did a few order updates regarding double boxing. It was not available for me before they updated the system. As far as I remember my figures still shipped after my last scheduled payment. But I have to check if I remember correctly. I remember the figures as Rey and/or The Armorer but there's a slight possibility that the figure I updated may be Ahsoka. I'll update the post after I check.

EDIT: I checked my database. I ordered Rey&D-O after it was released in HK, before it arrived in SSC stock. During flex payments, I modified the order 5 times. The figure was shipped according to schedule. I ordered The Armorer soon after its announcement. I modified the order at least once. It was shipped according to schedule.

My final verdict is: If you are on flex payment plan, unless you postpone your payment or no delay happens for its arrival in stock, order modifications does not affect shipment time. The figure is shipped right after your final payment. However, if you pay in full you go into a que and any modification puts you right at the back.

Last edited:
Quick pose out of the box pic. I don’t mind the green weathering and like how his armor is darker because if it compared to the 501st. Will get Cody out with him this weekend but he might have to go to pay for another 501sr honestly

Attachments

• 62839158-DCCD-4B35-83FD-43648979FA58.jpeg
    62839158-DCCD-4B35-83FD-43648979FA58.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 108
Back