Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*looks over at Rex figure* Don't worry boo, I loves you just the way you is.

With that said, these pauldrons in general are super confusing. Some swoop, some don't swoop. Some are square-edged, some rounded. Some ppl of appropriate rank dont even wear them, we have Commanders wearing ARC pauldrons and its confusing as hell. No wonder HT does whatever they want, they're thinking no one will notice.

Makes sense theres so many variants as the uniform style for the Empire, by extension the clone wars era republic, has always been rooted in ww2 germany. As a former 1:6 ww2 collector you should see how many different variations of belt buckles, suspenders, boots etc between all the various branches from the same damn war. :lol

Go with what ya like.

Last edited:
*looks over at Rex figure* Don't worry boo, I loves you just the way you is.

With that said, these pauldrons in general are super confusing. Some swoop, some don't swoop. Some are square-edged, some rounded. Some ppl of appropriate rank dont even wear them, we have Commanders wearing ARC pauldrons and its confusing as hell. No wonder HT does whatever they want, they're thinking no one will notice.
Ever since I saw a custom Rex like this I just couldn't look at mine without feeling disappointment anymore. Very happy with it now apart from the fact it's almost impossible to pose him naturally.

Been messing around with a "good enough" Bad Batch Rex look. Still needs more futzing, some paint and weathering, but kinda cool. More like a proof of concept right now.

This is on my now extra SST rex at the moment.

20221103_143013-01.jpeg

20221103_143440-01.jpeg

Can't seem to catch a break with this guy.
I finally found the fundings to buy him (but being sold out all over Europe, I needed to go on Ebay to find one for a decent price). First he got lost in the mail and now, after 8 weeks, he arrived on my doorstep. Me, super excited, opened him up ... to find his jetpack broken inside the package (despite being listed as brand new - unopened).
And now the whole administration begins to get him refunded (and find a new one)
*sigh*

I'm kind of late to the party but I'm still interested in buying a Captain Rex. Before I decide to pull the trigger, I want to know how the overall quality of this figure (paint, durability etc.) has held up in time.

Are there any issues or concerns for Rex that I should be aware of? Any fragile areas or joints? Were there easy paint chipping or fading that has happened to this figure?

Thanks!

No problems at all but did have one of my holsters out of the box come unglued from the belt. Seems to be an ongoing issue with HT. But a couple drops of super glue and he was good as new.

I'm kind of late to the party but I'm still interested in buying a Captain Rex. Before I decide to pull the trigger, I want to know how the overall quality of this figure (paint, durability etc.) has held up in time.

Are there any issues or concerns for Rex that I should be aware of? Any fragile areas or joints? Were there easy paint chipping or fading that has happened to this figure?

Thanks!

Nothing on my end, Rex has been one of their best releases over the last few years.

Interested in copping a Rex but I wonder what things I'd have to change in order to make him more realistic? I've understood the pauldron, but what about the helmet?

Thanks!

Cody was the only fragile Clone because of the arm.

There’s pretty much almost nothing to be concerned of about Rex. It’s almost all plastic and fabric.

The pauldron in Phase I armor was roundish in TCW. So I consider it another mod by Rex himself.

I saw Kamino3Dfacility on Etsy has an accurate helmet here, but I honestly can't tell the difference helmet-wise, try as I might. What are the differences?
HT essentially just decided to make their own interpreation of the Phase I/II combo, instead of actually merging a Phase I & Phase II helmet together. The biggest offender for the is the visor shape, it's also missing weld lines down the inside of the cheek bone grooves. There's a lot of comparissons throughout this thread.

1676912473188.png

HT essentially just decided to make their own interpreation of the Phase I/II combo, instead of actually merging a Phase I & Phase II helmet together. The biggest offender for the is the visor shape, it's also missing weld lines down the inside of the cheek bone grooves. There's a lot of comparissons throughout this thread.

View attachment 624449
I appreciate the answer, truly. I scoured the thread but felt that no one really posted a definitive "here's what's inaccurate" with it. But the left one is the one to go, I see. Thanks! :)

Back