1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Rogue One - Assault Tank Commander Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people like this design a lot more than I do. I think it's fine but far down my list of trooper designs. I think it's kind of a tough sell from a toy standpoint because a 1/6 tank is not very reasonable. It doesn't really make sense to army build them either which is both good and bad.

Passes the rule of cool enough for me and it looks great in that video. Time to put the order in.

Some people like this design a lot more than I do. I think it's fine but far down my list of trooper designs. I think it's kind of a tough sell from a toy standpoint because a 1/6 tank is not very reasonable. It doesn't really make sense to army build them either which is both good and bad.

Nothing we do is reasonable, to be fair. :lol

But he has a whole shot where he points!

:lol

He does have a whole battle sequence and possibly more shots than the TIE pilots in ANH but that's another matter.

His helmet design also gets handed down to The Mandalorian, so it's more than just RO.

No interest in buying this, too deep a cut in many ways ... but the execution on this figure looks really impressive so far.

For me if a Trooper looks cool I can warrant it being in the collection in spite of on-screen appearance. Can always use more Troopers for the Imperial army. This guy isn’t my highest priority, but I wouldn’t mind getting him.

If you are significant enough to die on-screen, then you are significant.

C0980A6E-B0AD-4330-8CF9-2E0885B5F1D5.jpeg

We salute you, Imperial Combat Assault Tank Commander.

Definitely one of the coolest looking trooper designs... but much like with the Patrol Trooper he's too much of a background, blink-and-you'll-miss-it character for me to want in the collection.

....and it won't be surprising if like the Patrol Trooper, this gets a short run and is as solid a figure as that one. It'll look great with other R1 troopers and that detailing is really good.

I agree that he made enough of an impact and he’s a cool looking, very OT appropriate figure.
There doesn’t have to be a whole lot of screen time for me to buy a decent looking figure.
On the fence since I have already bought/POed way more figures than i usually do. But we will see. He looks fantastic.

Well I think Boba Fett takes the cake in terms of how much he sold overall over the years for his screen time pre-Mando Season 2 (the best Tem Fett) and Book of Boba (ugh).

Also, this was an amazing scene in Rogue One when Saw Gerrara’s insurgents attacked the Imperial tank and Jyn and co, civilians got mixed up in it. The Tank trooper here really does invoke a tank driver with that helmet (can’t explain why).
EA632E50-DA07-4713-BCCB-1CB2C38A5FF0.jpeg

One of the cornerstones of Star Wars is making toys and merchandise of characters with seconds of screen time.

We honor George Lucas, the legacy of the Original Trilogy, and the entire franchise every time we buy an action figure, juice glass, shirt, mug, pillowcase, pencil, hat, or cereal box with a 2 second screen time character on it.

Well yeah, but with the OT pretty much everything IN those movies is iconic by this point. Can't say I really feel the same about RO just yet, as much as I do love the crap out of it.

Last edited:
Back