Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dQU0yGf.jpg

So uh...when are we getting this Wanda figure? ;)

With the special base and everything for this Wanda I'm now anticipating a new Artison Edition Thanos deluxe edition to go along with this. With rooted hair and explodey red base.

They gotta go through their bountiful stock of unsold Thanos figures somehow.

After seeing this, my question is: does the Artisan label only really mean the figure will have implanted wool hair?

I was thinking it meant that they were striving for inart levels of realism, as their Joker and Anakin seemed to imply them going that direction, with the headsculpt and hair at least.

But here we are with a another dollish female sculpt with a spotty likeness at best, and nowhere near that realism that Joker and Anakin brought. (Though we'll see how their rooting turns out in production)

This figure isnt worthy of a label like 'Artisan,' and they should have just stuck to 'Stunning Hair Craftsmanship' or whatever for this, though even then it's looking kinda wiggish.

I guess HT just gonna HT, push the envelope to stay up with a new competitor then quickly fall back to the status quo.

Especially sad after 2 spectacular back to back female sculpts with Fennec/Koska (though followed up by the lackluster Kate Bishop)

After seeing this, my question is: does the Artisan label only really mean the figure will have implanted wool hair?

I was thinking it meant that they were striving for inart levels of realism, as their Joker and Anakin seemed to imply them going that direction, with the headsculpt and hair at least.

But here we are with a another dollish female sculpt with a spotty likeness at best, and nowhere near that realism that Joker and Anakin brought. (Though we'll see how their rooting turns out in production)

This figure isnt worthy of a label like 'Artisan,' and they should have just stuck to 'Stunning Hair Craftsmanship' or whatever for this, though even then it's looking kinda wiggish.

I guess HT just gonna HT, push the envelope to stay up with a new competitor then quickly fall back to the status quo.

Especially sad after 2 spectacular back to back female sculpts with Fennec/Koska (though followed up by the lackluster Kate Bishop)
Yes. It's not a label that means they'll be pushing every aspect of the figure like you would expect. Joker got the special treatment because...well it's Joker and INART's first figure that they had to compete with.

Everyone else just gets "Regular figure but with wool hair + pay more money for it because it's also limited quantity" edition.

Yes. It's not a label that means they'll be pushing every aspect of the figure like you would expect. Joker got the special treatment because...well it's Joker and INART's first figure that they had to compete with.

Everyone else just gets "Regular figure but with wool hair + pay more money for it because it's also limited quantity" edition.
Part of me feels like if they wanted the figures to sell out quicker. The limited edition ones should be a bundle of the molded hair + wool hair in one box. Then the single ones by themselves for molded and regular ones to purchase of your choice.

I know they do this with pretty much every release but, I still find it funny that they claim “newly developed body to reflect her physique” as there’s really nothing “new” about it. Taking a closer look, the legs are from the single jointed Harley Quinn/Koska Reeves/Bo-Katan bodies. Pretty sure the rest is also an amalgamation of other previously used parts. Have only seen HT make an actual unique underlying body on a a very few releases in recent memory.
IMG_0486.jpeg

I know they do this with pretty much every release but, I still find it funny that they claim “newly developed body to reflect her physique” as there’s really nothing “new” about it. Taking a closer look, the legs are from the single jointed Harley Quinn/Koska Reeves/Bo-Katan bodies. Pretty sure the rest is also an amalgamation of other previously used parts. Have only seen HT make an actual unique underlying body on a a very few releases in recent memory.
View attachment 664316

Gipetto, I've got nothing but respect and appreciation for what you do but sometimes you scare me.

JK. :lol Definitely a good catch there. Maybe newly developed body means they just added some different padding somewhere.

I'm a fan of Scarlet Witch and just amassed all of the previous HT versions of her a couple of months ago, and while this looks like a great addition to the collection it just isn't screaming "artisan" to me. This isn't the hero we need today :D and feels like something that simply could have been done as a regular release or DX at the very most. I barely see anything here that draws this into a new level or category of high-end figures. It's just the rooted hair, but neither the body nor the outfit seem too premium.
(Note: There is a customizer who upgraded the stock body of the WandVision figure to a Phicen and the improvement was astronomical in it's approach to realism. That's what HT should have been striving for here.)

Most notably, I think the face sculpt is underwhelming. It's lifeless and for the most part neither accurate or detailed enough to warrant the "artisan" label. The face is too thin and older looking than the character was at the time of this film and isn't "hyper-real" in the way that I imagine an artisan project to be. The sculpt doesn't look much better than the last WandVision version, which was very good, but really just a general-grade mass-market high end figure. We expect and accept that for a $270 figure compared to something that may much more expensive.

This isn't HT's game and I think they need to stop chasing InArt's shadow to somehow improve their catalogue of character figures from the past. I feel like HT hasn't perfected this concept yet, despite the amount of resources they have at their disposal to make just about anything they choose. But who am I to say; this will still sell out in a matter of minutes.

Gipetto, I've got nothing but respect and appreciation for what you do but sometimes you scare me.

JK. :lol Definitely a good catch there. Maybe newly developed body means they just added some different padding somewhere.
:rotfl
I can’t help it sometimes. You’re definitely right, it’s become more about how do they pad something out than really making a new body.

But, to HT credit, they’ve done a lot of the work on “unique” bodies in the past on the front end, that they do pretty much have the bases to put all the pieces together to make most figure bodies resemble most actors and their physique.
But, when I think “newly developed” these days, I’m thinking more in line with what they did for the recent Flash figure, when first did the Man of Steel body, or even the Arnold bodies

Last edited:
:rotfl
I can’t help it sometimes. You’re definitely right, it’s become more about how do they pad something out than really making a new body.

But, to HT credit, they’ve done a lot of the work on “unique” bodies in the past on the front end, that they do pretty much have the bases to put all the pieces together to make most figure bodies resemble most actors and their physique.
But, when I think “newly developed” these days, I’m thinking more in line with what they did for the recent Flash figure, when first did the Man of Steel body, or even the Arnold bodies
The MoS body is one that blew me away when they previewed it. It was the first really specific, really new body design I remember seeing that no body had done before. We always had those generic bodies no matter the physique, like the awful Superman Returns figure was on until then.

Yeah, l think both versions of this new release look good. I agree that the sculpt looks sort of bland but I think the likeness is strong.

That said I am definitely passing on this figure. For a long time I was mad that I missed out on the original CW Scarlet Witch. I love the outfit of that figure and the accessories are cool. But the prices for this figure on the aftermarket were so high I decided to wait.

When the Wanda Vision version was announced I quickly preordered bk I like that it has a comic book type appearance mixed with a CW appearance. Mine arrived a few months ago and I am very happy with it (although I know I will be happier when I pair it with a Phicen body.

So although I think this new Artisan Scarlet Witch looks great it’s not good enough for me to replace my Wanda Vision figure.

Also I’m not going to play this GAME every time Hot Toys releases an “Artisan” figure.

There’s too much hair…..or something. I dunno, InArt seem to be able to add “weight” to their hair, HT so far on the women looks a bit too fluffy.

Looks perfectly fine. Olsen has a little bit of an RBF as Wanda anyway. She's not exactly a happy character.

If InArt made this, folks would be on their knees praising it. Sure it's not Gandalf, but few things are going to be, even from InArt.

But Hot Toys bad, amirite?

I still will be going with the angry Witch Mommy because that matches the MoM strange. But may the odds be ever in your favor if you're going for the Artesian version. That's the part of this new line that should be most scrutinized.

If InArt made this, folks would be on their knees praising it.
Yeah!! this forum has never given InArt a hard time for anything they’ve made, we wouldn’t spend 20+ pages of pointing out a slightly inaccurate cowl that left too much of a nose exposed on one of their prototypes or anything. Wanda looks perfect, you blind fools!

You’ve gotta be ******* kidding me.

This figure just looks... bland. Even the hair seems kinda meh. The other Artisan figures are way, way, WAY more impressive in every aspect.

For me Joker seems like the only one so far that seems remotely worthy of being called a higher tier within their lineup. Likely because it has a direct competitor.

I love Hot Toys for what they do but the other figures feel more like expected upgrades within the standard line just with fancier hair.

The MoS body is one that blew me away when they previewed it. It was the first really specific, really new body design I remember seeing that no body had done before. We always had those generic bodies no matter the physique, like the awful Superman Returns figure was on until then.
Here's an interesting history review: the MoS body came much later and there were other new and unique bodies prior. Notwithstanding the odd bodies, like Predator or Alien figures, the first unique human body that comes to mind is the T-800 Schwarzenegger body. Over the years it served various Terminator purposes and a Commando figure and quickly became a standard muscular body that other makers copied. Similarly there was also the Wolverine body which was completely new and also became a stock body that was used many times over and copied by various other makers. Arguably, the slim narrow shoulder TTM was designed specifically for the first Joker DX to accommodate all the layers of clothing. An often forgotten one was the Goemon figure from 2009 which came with a completely new redesigned body that HT boasted. Oddly that body was never used again for any other figures and simply became a one-off anomaly in the market. I don't remember the exact years but all of these new and unique bodies were introduced between 2008-2010.

Back