Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for those that have/had the old Sideshow one, is this really and upgrade to that? Maybe I’m misremembering, but that one was pretty detailed with a nice sand base to it

Think the Sideshow statue is probably better, but it can't do this...

Two Versions COMP 2.jpg

Those have been the easiest things to let go of recently. From about 25 HT Marvel figures I’m down to 6 and will probably sell at least 1 or 2 more.
Yep same here. I've sold a whole bunch of Marvel figures. I kept the 6 main Avengers and the Guardians, but I'm thinking of selling them too.

It's been awhile since I checked out the Sideshow version, and I'd say the HT is a pretty massive upgrade. Especially in the paint department.

Didn't realize they were in the exact same pose.
Digital sculpting is the path to many abilities some consider to be… unnatural

HT makes an effort to embellish their sculpting details, I appreciate that a lot

This is already up for pre-order on La cité des nuages (Belgian shop, my usual go-to).
The trooper alone is 259€. With the 10% members discount bringing this to 233€ this was the easiest pre-order I've made in a long time! Also one of the cheapest in a long time.

Deluxe dewback with trooper is 759€. They also have the deluxe dewback without trooper, so this does not appear to be a Sideshow exclusive.
How much do they charge for shipping? My French isn’t good enough,and I couldn’t find it on their site. I’m in Germany.😁thank you

How much do they charge for shipping? My French isn’t good enough,and I couldn’t find it on their site. I’m in Germany.😁thank you

There's an option to switch to English on their site. I gotta check what shipping options they offer to Germany but you can get shipment options as low as €3.50 to Belgium and France.

Edit:

- DPD to Germany € 9.82 up to 30Kg parcel.
- DPD Pick-up to Germany € 7.14 (up to 3 Kg) €7.73 (from 3Kg to 10Kg) €8.92 (from 10Kg to 20Kg).

Last edited:
Shipping is calculated when the order is in stock. They offer a bunch of different options for shipping service. Getting it delivered to a pick up point is cheapest.

The maximum I paid for shipping was about € 11 to The Netherlands for home delivery, but I can imagine this will be more due to the size.

But for this one I'd be willing to drive down to their store and pick it up myself.

Has anyone compared the specs to the original sideshow dewback? I’m thinking they should be pretty much identical in length, width, etc.?

Seems this will be around 80 cm long (31.4 inches), how long is the SSC Dewbie?

View attachment 656918
SS:
Height: 16" (40.6 cm)
Width: 11" (27.9 cm)
Depth: 30" (76.2 cm)

It seems pretty straightforward in the description and details.

AIL4fc_iSO7cv-I2flCEm0a8RLA_Jkxr0cXtycElClBnOqQQanahSqdgNImCXKtoFRVky8LVvWai7A9WRUHsP0WsgPlASzSLto23r9Pq8jxVhUM2lqSpFitw5kjvjdjPRjRfBKkpfM0aas3eaCA7648StGKK=w1164-h1854-s-no
HT have tickets on themselves … Excellent detail …

One of those things I'll enjoy through everyone's photos. This bad boy deserves a podium stand all to itself for display, with a nice sand base under it. Maybe in the future..

Ugh, the more I look at this the more tempted I get...
I'm just getting the DX dewback, thanks to a few pieces of artwork with Mando riding a dewback. But even not riding for me as an "accessory" this is more badass than a blurrg, which I am glad I waited on. Not because having everything wouldn't be cool, but I can't have everything.

So much for Marvel -- 2008-2019

Nah, not for me so far. The MCU golden age. Really hoping tho Mando S1 and S2 wasn't the Mandalorian's golden age. :monkey5

EDIT - and Dewback DX ordered.:r2d2line

Last edited:
There's an option to switch to English on their site. I gotta check what shipping options they offer to Germany but you can get shipment options as low as €3.50 to Belgium and France.

Edit:

- DPD to Germany € 9.82 up to 30Kg parcel.
- DPD Pick-up to Germany € 7.14 (up to 3 Kg) €7.73 (from 3Kg to 10Kg) €8.92 (from 10Kg to 20Kg).
Thanks so much,I couldn’t find,even after switching language….I need new glasses😎

Shipping is calculated when the order is in stock. They offer a bunch of different options for shipping service. Getting it delivered to a pick up point is cheapest.

The maximum I paid for shipping was about € 11 to The Netherlands for home delivery, but I can imagine this will be more due to the size.

But for this one I'd be willing to drive down to their store and pick it up myself.
Well,driving there would be a long trip for me. 🤣

I'm thinking I might just buy Dewback deluxe and stick my HT orange pauldron trooper on his back...
I decided I wanted two Sandtroopers so I ordered the Sergeant from Sideshow with my remaining reward points plus a $20 Thank You code that based on past history was probably only going to work on this release for 24 hours. I'll pick up the Dewback+Trooper set elsewhere. On one of these Troopers I'll put the orange pauldron from my Stormtrooper Commander.

Back