Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The swap out legs/mouth pieces really invites consideration of a second dewback. Honestly you can get two of these for less than the price the SS has been going for on eBay lately.

The swap out legs/mouth pieces really invites consideration of a second dewback. Honestly you can get two of these for less than the price the SS has been going for on eBay lately.

Someone listed an auction starting at $500 today. I’m interested to see what it goes for with this one going up.

Someone listed an auction starting at $500 today. I’m interested to see what it goes for with this one going up.
Looks to already have a bid. I think it went for $300 back in the day?

As good as the SS is, the HT looks more refined and I think some of the SS parts were starting to deteriorate on some of the listed ones recently. This is still such a surprise offering from HT. I had almost supported the Blurrg to urge HT to do more big ticket items, but really wanted OT offerings so happy to plunk down for this one.

SS:
Height: 16" (40.6 cm)
Width: 11" (27.9 cm)
Depth: 30" (76.2 cm)

HT have tickets on themselves … Excellent detail …
I think the slight difference in length can be attributed to the way the head and tail are positioned on the SS version.

Anakin kicked me in the nuts today, and I immediately turned around and ordered two dewback + trooper sets. Plus a third solo sarge. Because I have one OG Sandtrooper, and I’d feel dirty with an odd number.

To be fair, I decided on this order when the announcements hit last night. It is definitely in no way trying to soothe my injured soul.

Anakin kicked me in the nuts today, and I immediately turned around and ordered two dewback + trooper sets. Plus a third solo sarge. Because I have one OG Sandtrooper, and I’d feel dirty with an odd number.

To be fair, I decided on this order when the announcements hit last night. It is definitely in no way trying to soothe my injured soul.
Who cares about a haired Anakin doll when you can have two haired Dewback beasts!
:blissy

Ugh, I'm learning the hard way that the Mando suit version that he wears when he rides the Dewback in S1 is best captured by MMS051, which is pretty much $400 everywhere because it comes with Grogu, pod and other stuff.:gah:

I have no Mando figs at all yet, so gotta weigh up if a close-to-$1k display is the way.

I've seen some Mando figs going for fairly cheap in the past few months - unfortunately the version I need for the Dewback ain't cheap.

Checking out all the dewback appearances we've gotten, and this one from the original, despecialized version of the movie still grabs me the most. Even though you can barely make out anything at all. Lol

742749.jpg

Hot Toys-Secret Base

2 h ·

Hot Toys – MMS722 <<Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope>> Sandtrooper Sergeant & Dewback Set 實物樣辦到左 Hot Toys-Secret Base 喇 ~ !

View attachment 657141
Does it come with a "blank" unpainted Dewback head to store the closed-jaw piece (attached with magnet or whatever)? Or are they just showing that unpainted head to illustrate what the jaw piece actually is?

Does it come with a "blank" unpainted Dewback head to store the closed-jaw piece (attached with magnet or whatever)? Or are they just showing that unpainted head to illustrate what the jaw piece actually is?

It's just a demonstration of the options.

Back