Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1460.gif

I have a $20 off coupon... but that doesn't really make a dent in the Dewback with Trooper.

Now if I wait to PO for my ROTJ Vader points to activate, then I'll have some savings.

wish I wanted this as it would take some of the sting away from missing out on Anakin, but I have no desire for one of these no matter how cool it looks.

Happy for those that have been waiting and wanting this one though. You never know if/when stuff shown at Cons are actually going to go up for PO.

well after a 20.00 coupon and reward points, got the set for 500.00. No idea where I am going to put it yet. Will just have to sell off more Marvel stuff.
Those have been the easiest things to let go of recently. From about 25 HT Marvel figures I’m down to 6 and will probably sell at least 1 or 2 more.

wish I wanted this as it would take some of the sting away from missing out on Anakin, but I have no desire for one of these no matter how cool it looks.

Happy for those that have been waiting and wanting this one though. You never know if/when stuff shown at Cons are actually going to go up for PO.
Thought you nailed the queue-game for Anie?

Got in the queue but wasn’t able to get the figure. I was pretty close in line until the 9:15 reset, then I got pushed way back to 3000+ ahead of me 😔 every browser and device I tried after that was just further and further back in line.
Holy crap. Thats bad. Well, similar happened to me. Was 100 in line before 9:15, received entry but was thrown at SS’s front page. Annoying. Next thing I’m given a spot at 2300…

I’m tempted but I’m just not sure if I want it for $700. That’s a lot to shell out. Granted I realize it’s a large creature plus a Trooper but I don’t know.. I could buy a few other figures with that much. On the fence.

Wow, $455 just for the standard dewback? Think I'll be able to live without this after all. Plus it's as long as a DeLorean and I really don't have the space for that kind of thing anymore.

That's the most kickass throne for a trooper. Damn! It's so cool! And huge! I made enough space for the BARC speeders and the ATRT for a Clone Wars centric display, but damn! This thing is awesome!

Holy crap. Thats bad. Well, similar happened to me. Was 100 in line before 9:15, received entry but was thrown at SS’s front page. Annoying. Next thing I’m given a spot at 2300…
Yea, it sucks but is what it is. Nothing to do but hope for a sculpted down the line even though I actually like rooted hair on figures

But to be back on topic and not derail this thread with talk of that…

Really love how detailed the Dewback is. However, for those that have/had the old Sideshow one, is this really an upgrade to that? Maybe I’m misremembering, but that one was pretty detailed with a nice sand base to it

Last edited:
Back