1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After almost one year stucked in Toyswondeland (I didn't want to pay the 150 USD shipping) the Commander has arrived!
Now just wait 3-6 months to get the Captain hahaha

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-03 at 23.21.44.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-03 at 23.21.43.jpeg

Quick question: I'm thinking on buying the SS hands to use with my Cody. Is it as easy as just removing the peg that comes with the hands and using the one that comes with HT arms?
Thanks

Damn, they're excellent.

They make me angry at my standard Hot Toys stands lol.
Lol! Thanks!
Ever since I started making them I rarely use a stock stand. Then when Covid hit I got forced into turning the stands into a full time job so it allowed me to really get going on a bunch of different styles like that Utapau stand.

You know, somewhere in the south china sea, a container filled with Cody’s sits on the bottom. Wonder how my figure, never received (obviously), is doing there.

I wonder, of all the 3 000 containers lost at sea annually, how many are recovered? Probably a very small amount since the dangers of closing in on floating containers/mini-icebergs are too high.

EDIT: after digging-up the old message form the reseller, I see that it was not lost at sea, but destroyed during container loading. Sorry guys, no fishing for Cody this time around.
29C59341-AAB6-423A-AC86-6CD6766DA9DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Foe those that have this guy, is his body different from those of the current 501st and Rex bodies? I know the swap out forearm is not present on the newer clones, but does this one not have the ratches and other improvements that newer clones have? Just curious if I were to get one of these, if I should also think about changing the body and out for the newer ones and just swat the right arms so I can still use the light up gimmick if I wanted to. Thanks :wave

You know, somewhere in the south china sea, a container filled with Cody’s sits on the bottom. Wonder how my figure, never received (obviously), is doing there.

I wonder, of all the 3 000 containers lost at sea annually, how many are recovered? Probably a very small amount since the dangers of closing in on floating containers/mini-icebergs are too high.

EDIT: after digging-up the old message form the reseller, I see that it was not lost at sea, but destroyed during container loading. Sorry guys, no fishing for Cody this time around.
View attachment 541137
So what happened after that? Did you get your money back? Was your seller able to secure another batch?

No batch was secured, got my deposit back and a €100 voucher to use on the site. Rather happy after all, was able to find Cody in-stock at a retailer in Germany.
Good to hear that it all worked out in the end and you did manage to find a Cody after all. :hi5:

I had somewhat of a similar experience once with the Star-Lord figure from the first Guardians film. I had it on PO for quite a while and just about when the seller was about to get him in stock I got an e-mail from them saying they wouldn't get enough in stock, so they had to cancel my order. I managed to find one with another seller, but had to pay quite a bit more for the figure, because it was quite a rare figure in my country due to shortage at the distributor. Never found out if it was a mistake on their part or some shipment lost at sea or something.

Back