1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a missed opportunity in PT costume design, but Lucas was totally enamoured with digital film at that point so ... c'est la vie.

It can get a lot of hate but one thing I like about the Rogue One Stormtrooper update is that it was designed so stunt people could actually run and move inside it, and that translates into what to my eyes looks a little more utilitarian and functional. Although to be fair, some of the stunt suits had soft femoral armour to facilitate movement even further.

As an avid trooper fan from way back, I've often wondered how that would work as 'real world' armour -- i.e. the trade-off in protection at the cost of mobility. It sort of makes sense when you think of storming fortified positions or choke points like the Tantive IV corridor. Except that the armour doesn't appear to confer much actual protection. :ROFLMAO:

I can't remember if it's canonical or EU/Legends now but I think it's at least supposed to improve survivability even if it doesn't prevent incapacitation.
Wonder if practical pieces was used for the clones during Grogu’s flashback.

1649604318610.gif

I bit the bullet on Cody and paid like a 100 over retail.

Am I proud of it? No. Do I regret it? Also no.

I needed him next to Kenobi and will be purchasing the entire ROTS line that HT makes (prob AOTC too because I love the film and the designs are incredible).
Nice I paid 150

SW armor is easily defeated by golf size rocks thrown by Ewoks.
Dont even start. People complain about BoBF but imo the most damaging thing to ever hit the entire franchise by far is the Ewok. Overpowered yet useless teddy bears that somehow could go toe to toe with Darth Vader, six other Sith and the entire Avengers lineup all at once, and win. Its ****ing disgusting is what it is.

Im joking. Kinda.

EDIT: AND BATMAN, THEY COULD ALSO DEFEAT BATMAN with thier spears made out of sticks, who even thinks this ****up I swear.

Last edited:
Dont even start. People complain about BoBF but imo the most damaging thing to ever hit the entire franchise by far is the Ewok. Overpowered yet useless teddy bears that somehow could go toe to toe with Darth Vader, six other Sith and the entire Avengers lineup all at once, and win. Its ****ing disgusting is what it is.

Im joking. Kinda.

EDIT: AND BATMAN, THEY COULD ALSO DEFEAT BATMAN with thier spears made out of sticks, who even thinks this ****up I swear.
Thank the maker... ;)

Im joking. Kinda.

Have you ever heard of Karl Pilkington?(He's a friend of Ricky Gervais, and Ricky discovered his dry, unintentionally hilarious wit when paired with him during a radio show Ricky and Steve Merchant did)
In any case, Karl once remarked that Dogs were just lazy. Ricky asked what he meant, and Karl said: "Look, we are all supposed to have evolved at the same time, right? Well, dogs have had just as long as humans have had. If they just got off their arses and worked harder, they could have cars and houses and mobile phones by now too..."
The only reason i mention it is that, real world aside(Where Ewoks, no matter how out-of-place in the SW world, were a great marketing idea to sell teddy bears), even though they look like teddy bears, they appear(In ROTJ at least), to be the apex predator on the forest moon of Endor, lol.
I'm not an apologist for them. But in relation to some other characters from SW, the Ewoks aren't too bad, lol. In the words of Tim from Spaced(Our very own Unkar Plutt), "Jar-Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like F*cking Shaft!"

Have you ever heard of Karl Pilkington?(He's a friend of Ricky Gervais, and Ricky discovered his dry, unintentionally hilarious wit when paired with him during a radio show Ricky and Steve Merchant did)
In any case, Karl once remarked that Dogs were just lazy. Ricky asked what he meant, and Karl said: "Look, we are all supposed to have evolved at the same time, right? Well, dogs have had just as long as humans have had. If they just got off their arses and worked harder, they could have cars and houses and mobile phones by now too..."
The only reason i mention it is that, real world aside(Where Ewoks, no matter how out-of-place in the SW world, were a great marketing idea to sell teddy bears), even though they look like teddy bears, they appear(In ROTJ at least), to be the apex predator on the forest moon of Endor, lol.
I'm not an apologist for them. But in relation to some other characters from SW, the Ewoks aren't too bad, lol. In the words of Tim from Spaced(Our very own Unkar Plutt), "Jar-Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like F*cking Shaft!"

As an aside, Pilkington was Oscar Isaac’s inspiration for the Steven Grant accent.

Any one else's Cody feel loose? Especially the hand joints? I recently had to box it up. Just took it out to pose and he can't even keep his gun up (a guy's worst nightmare!)

Have not had problems with mine, but if i did i might start seriously researching that most terrifying hobby related concept, the body swap. Ive never liked the body they used for him, anyway.

It sort of makes sense when you think of storming fortified positions or choke points like the Tantive IV corridor. Except that the armour doesn't appear to confer much actual protection. :ROFLMAO:

I can't remember if it's canonical or EU/Legends now but I think it's at least supposed to improve survivability even if it doesn't prevent incapacitation.
I always had it in my head canon that TK armour is actually good at protecting against civilian grade weaponry (the people the empire is suppressing), but the rebels (along with various criminals) use military grade stuff like the DH17 (i think that was the blaster name).

How would you replace his right arm? They made it special for his release, batteries and all.
Does anyone even use that? It's up there with the light up lightsabers for me as kind of a wasted feature.

Plus, it'd be easy enough to find a separate Jedi holoprojector and just put the Emperor on that.

As far as the figures being loose I have 2 of these and both of mine are fine. Though I was initially frustrated by the swap out arm not fitting tightly it doesn't seem to being a problem anymore.

Have not had problems with mine, but if i did i might start seriously researching that most terrifying hobby related concept, the body swap. Ive never liked the body they used for him, anyway.

Most terrifying hobby related concept for me is where to store the boxes.

Body swaps aren’t that scary though. Especially on armored figures. Almost everything comes off the figure pretty easily.

How would you replace his right arm? They made it special for his release, batteries and all.

I agree with @ArtDamage that the light up arm was a useless feature. Just really gimmicky that did more harm than good.

I’d replace the whole figure with a regular body and not look back if it came to it.

I always had it in my head canon that TK armour is actually good at protecting against civilian grade weaponry (the people the empire is suppressing), but the rebels (along with various criminals) use military grade stuff like the DH17 (i think that was the blaster name).
I think in some source material (definitely not canonical now) the armour was proof against "slug throwers" -- i.e. conventional fire arms which apparently existed in the EU at some point -- and there are references to Han Solo's blaster being "illegally modified" so it's not the biggest reach.

Back