1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARC Echo or Fives (can't remember which one) is the only figure I've had fall to the floor. Luckily it was a very short fall onto carpet so no damage. But I do not like to move them at all.

ARC Echo or Fives (can't remember which one) is the only figure I've had fall to the floor. Luckily it was a very short fall onto carpet so no damage. But I do not like to move them at all.
Similar to me. My short ANH stormie fell off from the mid-level of a detolf. At frirst it seemed to be fine, but when I posed it I noticed the right hip bone had broke. Sad day, but then again, one should not pose figures standing directly on a detolf shelf.

Similar to me. My short ANH stormie fell off from the mid-level of a detolf. At frirst it seemed to be fine, but when I posed it I noticed the right hip bone had broke. Sad day, but then again, one should not pose figures standing directly on a detolf shelf.

I never pose them directly on a stand either. I always use a couple of blobs of blu tack. Two small blobs, under the feet, with gravity bearing the figure down into them holding them steady. This works fine for a detolf if you don't want to use stands also. Worst case scenario, you might find they slightly topple over. But only slightly.

Waitlist converted! Redeemed!
Screenshot_20210708-161314_Chrome.jpg

I don’t usually buy after market figures, but missed this since I had **** going on. What kinda problems might I find if I order this off eBay new, and can’t return it? Like, is it known for arriving in poor condition or have any unavoidable issues? Is his antenna something that breaks easy?

Any info would be helpful!

I don’t usually buy after market figures, but missed this since I had **** going on. What kinda problems might I find if I order this off eBay new, and can’t return it? Like, is it known for arriving in poor condition or have any unavoidable issues? Is his antenna something that breaks easy?

Check the seller's reputation and check the description.
Ask for more pictures if neccessary.

And there is always the buyer protection if the condition doesn't match the description.

Last edited:
Here is what I got from customer service when I asked.

No waitlist items are not returned items. It was canceled before we fulfilled the order for the other customer. Once they cancel and item it becomes available to those on the waitlist.
Once an item is on waitlist it is technically sold out and the moment we ship every one of them to customers we change the listing over to sold out.

Check the seller's reputation and check the description.
Ask for more pictures if neccessary.

And there is always the buyer protection if the condition doesn't match the description.
Thanks for the response, but that’s not what I’m asking, I’m know how eBay works mostly. I just don’t know any thing about issues with the commander Cody figure that might make me not want to order it from a site that doesn’t do exchanges or replacement parts, ya kno?

I think the right shoulder was an issue for some, it broke.

Thank you!!
The arm, like dukefett said. Only other issue I could see is if the light up feature doesn't work, but that's uncommon.

I am a little paranoid about buying figures with sculpts after it's sold out as I received a Maria Hill with a dot of glossy clear or glue in the middle of the forehead.

But that was only once out of a few hundred figures so, odds are pretty low.

Here is what I got from customer service when I asked.

No waitlist items are not returned items. It was canceled before we fulfilled the order for the other customer. Once they cancel and item it becomes available to those on the waitlist.
Once an item is on waitlist it is technically sold out and the moment we ship every one of them to customers we change the listing over to sold out.
It's not that I have an inherent distrust of Sideshow because they're alright about certain things, but I have zero trust in Sideshow when it comes to their stated policies about returned items.

The arm, like dukefett said. Only other issue I could see is if the light up feature doesn't work, but that's uncommon.

I am a little paranoid about buying figures with sculpts after it's sold out as I received a Maria Hill with a dot of glossy clear or glue in the middle of the forehead.

But that was only once out of a few hundred figures so, odds are pretty low.

It's not that I have an inherent distrust of Sideshow because they're alright about certain things, but I have zero trust in Sideshow when it comes to their stated policies about returned items.
Thanks for the response! I’m not overly worried about electronics on the 1/6 figures, mainly because I always see everybody say how bad it is to leave the batteries in, and then you can only leave them on for so long anyways… it’s a amazing feature that I hope gets USB support in the future.

Since the arm was pointed out I decided to just go with a 1/6 mando deluxe instead, and I’ll hope for a rerelease or clone wars version. And just kick myself forever for missing it. Or I could hold onto the Endgame War Machine I want to sell, and hope that it’s price overtakes Cody and I can just trade for one 😂

Thanks for the response! I’m not overly worried about electronics on the 1/6 figures, mainly because I always see everybody say how bad it is to leave the batteries in, and then you can only leave them on for so long anyways… it’s a amazing feature that I hope gets USB support in the future.

Since the arm was pointed out I decided to just go with a 1/6 mando deluxe instead, and I’ll hope for a rerelease or clone wars version. And just kick myself forever for missing it. Or I could hold onto the Endgame War Machine I want to sell, and hope that it’s price overtakes Cody and I can just trade for one 😂
I don't think the potential arm issue is a deal breaker. It didn't seem widely reported; just that there was a chance of it. But there'd be a lot more outcry if it happened on a large scale.

If you want it you should just get it. There's no guarantee of a reissue. He's not Iron Man and they have a lot of figures to do.

I think you were kidding, but it seems very unlikely War Machine Mk 6 would be worth more than Cody, who is one of the most popular Clones. And it seems doubtful that Hot Toys would be so generous as to include a Phase 2 helmet with a TCW Cody, at least without removing something.

I don't see Hot Toys offering wired options, but you can do it yourself with kits out there like the Soap Reactor.

I don't think the potential arm issue is a deal breaker. It didn't seem widely reported; just that there was a chance of it. But there'd be a lot more outcry if it happened on a large scale.

If you want it you should just get it. There's no guarantee of a reissue. He's not Iron Man and they have a lot of figures to do.

I think you were kidding, but it seems very unlikely War Machine Mk 6 would be worth more than Cody, who is one of the most popular Clones. And it seems doubtful that Hot Toys would be so generous as to include a Phase 2 helmet with a TCW Cody, at least without removing something.

I don't see Hot Toys offering wired options, but you can do it yourself with kits out there like the Soap Reactor.
I’ll keep a eye out for it in the wild then, maybe if I can find one on display.

Yeah, decent points certainly. But ima hold onto some hope. Maybe get some Cody Closure in Bad Batch and they can make him their, or sideshow will reissue. I admit I would be sad if it didn’t have the order66 ability tho.

yeah mostly kidding. But sometimes the stuff I think will stay reasonably priced skyrockets lol. But yeah, it’s never smart to plan on anything value wise with these. Especially with all the reissues.

There used to be someone called PixelPiper I think his name was, on here, who used to make some nice plug in sabers, but he disappeared I think. But those always looked cool.

I’ll keep a eye out for it in the wild then, maybe if I can find one on display.

Yeah, decent points certainly. But ima hold onto some hope. Maybe get some Cody Closure in Bad Batch and they can make him their, or sideshow will reissue. I admit I would be sad if it didn’t have the order66 ability tho.

yeah mostly kidding. But sometimes the stuff I think will stay reasonably priced skyrockets lol. But yeah, it’s never smart to plan on anything value wise with these. Especially with all the reissues.

There used to be someone called PixelPiper I think his name was, on here, who used to make some nice plug in sabers, but he disappeared I think. But those always looked cool.
Ah I thought maybe you had a deal you were already looking at and were planning on passing.

Hope you’re able to find one at a reasonable price. I’d just be worried about future price spikes based on other figures that get released that convinces holdouts to grab him.

But you can’t really force these things either. Sometimes patience is required and an opportunity comes along. Congrats on getting the Mando Deluxe in the meantime. That is a great figure as well.

Yeah he did make lightsabers. There are some other folks doing it out there.

Back