Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda worried that even if discount is workin since technically sale is over they will demand the saved loot after and say glitch discount was still applied..... any ideas on if thats accurate?

I just received my R1 Vader from Popcultcha, everything looks great! I like this body and suit more than ANH because it allows a greater range of movement even though it looks less muscular than how Vader appeared in either movie. The finish on the helmet and armor is truly exceptional.
I just need to make space for another detolf to put this one on display.

wish i had waited on rogue one vader now , when i bought it i was new to buying hot toys and paid way more than popculcha's discounted price ... did think of buying it before it sold out last nighjt or today and then flipping it on ebay for £250 and getting some of my money back that way ..... but then thought about it and i paid what i paid so just forget it and move on lol

Honestly, I think that's the most healthy attitude to have when collecting. I recently received the retro-packaged Black Series Vader for over $40 bucks, only to hear it was discounted at Toys R Us for $20-something. At the time I ordered it, it was worth the $40 bucks to me so I'm not kicking myself too badly. Besides, I have a pretty decent Hot Toys collection built up, and most if not all of them are worth more than what I paid. You just have to wait it out.

Honestly, I think that's the most healthy attitude to have when collecting. I recently received the retro-packaged Black Series Vader for over $40 bucks, only to hear it was discounted at Toys R Us for $20-something. At the time I ordered it, it was worth the $40 bucks to me so I'm not kicking myself too badly. Besides, I have a pretty decent Hot Toys collection built up, and most if not all of them are worth more than what I paid. You just have to wait it out.

:exactly:

When I PO a figure at retail and the price of it subsequently decreases on the secondary market, I don't regret having PO'd it at retail price because it was worth retail to me to have in my collection and was a figure I didn't want to potentially miss out on if the price increased on the secondary market.

Other times, there are figures I would like to have and I don't immediately PO because they're not worth retail to me to have in my collection because I'm ambivalent about it, so I wait it out to see if I can potentially snare it later on at a price that it's worth to me. However, if the price increases on the secondary market, I don't lose any sleep over it because if I really wanted it that badly, I would have PO'd it at retail when I had the chance.

Other figures that are already at a higher price on the secondary market that I decide I really want in my collection, I simply set a price limit that I'm not willing to go much more beyond and just wait to see if one pops up at a reasonable price.

Granted though, there are figures that you just know even at the time of PO will for sure drop in price on the secondary market in time. The plethora of troopers from TFA, for instance. So even if you really want one in your collection, just wait. You'll get it cheaper than retail eventually.

Miller1987 on eBay just broke down a rogue one Vader figure. Gloves at $19.99 a piece

Vader has finally shipped from the cultcha of pop. Looking forward to seeing what all the hoopla is about.

(and finally replacing my old original Sideshow Vader...)

I ordered on May 4th and got notice on Monday from them that it should ship out in the next 2 to 3 days. Can't wait!

Got my notice too. Can't believe I'm going to get Vader all the way from Australia below retail price. Without doubt, May the 4th was with me.

I also received an email from cultcha about my Vader being shipped shortly.Cant wait to get him in hand.

I wonder how much a set of RO gloves will be going for in 5 years time.

Not much.... More like in a year or 2 as everyone will be dumping their shiny RO Vader for the superior ESB or ROTJ Vader. Just like now as people who decree this so much better than ANH Vader, People will be saying this (ESB/ROTJ Vader) is so much better than the RO Vader!!! :lol

Not much.... More like in a year or 2 as everyone will be dumping their shiny RO Vader for the superior ESB or ROTJ Vader. Just like now as people who decree this so much better than ANH Vader, People will be saying this (ESB/ROTJ Vader) is so much better than the RO Vader!!! :lol

That's very true.

But that might make the ANH gloves even that much more sought after for the few who want it. There are so few made. Maybe. We'll see...

I've skipped two Vaders now, waiting for ESB. I hope they deliver the goods!

Back