Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never owned a Vader figure before and I think this is going to be my first one. I want a good starting point for a "pinnacle 1/6 Vader" on my shelf and after everything I have read, this guy seems to be it.

If you don't want an OT (ANH vs ESB/ROTJ) Vader then this figure is pretty much the best 1/6 Vader ever done.

Yeah, if you want an ANH era Vader this is the one.

I have never owned a Vader figure before and I think this is going to be my first one. I want a good starting point for a "pinnacle 1/6 Vader" on my shelf and after everything I have read, this guy seems to be it.

Yeah, where is this in stock? Sideshow has nothing. Unless that poster doesn't mind paying bootlegger prices he ain't getting this.

Just a question: how do you place your Vader on shelves? I am considering putting some double-sided tape under feet to fix it to shelf. I don't like much the stand, in fact...

Counterpoint: I never use stands. I think they look ugly. Vader is heavy enough that I've never had a problem with him falling over, as long as he's standing relatively straight up.

**Note: if you live on a boat at sea, you must use a stand.

I try and not use the larger rectangular bases HT includes now whenever possible. I like the standard, smaller oval bases. Figures like Vader and Kylo Ren, you don't even see it.

Thanks everybody for your opinions. Any other opinion about using a stand or not, please?

Maybe I will put a light double-sided tape...

I try and not use the larger rectangular bases HT includes now whenever possible. I like the standard, smaller oval bases. Figures like Vader and Kylo Ren, you don't even see it.

Yeah, I'm bummed that Sideshow no longer sells stands like they used to. I like a basic black stand, especially the SSC variety (a bit bigger than the HT but not as tall) but you can't really get them anymore. I need at least another dozen.:(

It surprises me that no company ever tried a magnet on the figure's lower back and a magnet on the stand's small pole behind the fig. The one problem with both the crotch and waist grabber is it distorts the outfit of the fig some of the time. The magnet idea would work well, but there'd have to be a small magnet glued on the figure's body under the outfit.

Thanks everybody for your opinions. Any other opinion about using a stand or not, please?

I think the point is to do what you want to do, whatever you like best. I don't think people were really giving opinions on what you should do, but merely stating what they do based on what they like.

It's your display, so do what works best for you and what you like.

Yeah, I'm bummed that Sideshow no longer sells stands like they used to. I like a basic black stand, especially the SSC variety (a bit bigger than the HT but not as tall) but you can't really get them anymore. I need at least another dozen.:(

Same here. I think HT ceased including those type shortly after The Winter Soldier line from the MCU. They then started providing those large, rectangular, hexagon shaped looking bases. I've purchased many 5-packs of generic, blank oval bases to use. Doesn't matter to me that it doesn't have the character's name on the base. I actually prefer the base not to be very ornate, as it puts more focus on the figure when it isn't. I still have to purchase many more.

They take up a lot less room and I think you can rotate and angle the figures a lot better by simply maneuvering the base any which way, as if you were to try and do that with the larger rectangular stands, it would look a bit odd.

When I first started collecting, I used to hate using stands.
Then my Ironman decided to take a nose dive and parts flew off.
That wasnt the only figure that decided to break dance.

I learned to like stands. And actually...I appreciate it more cause you can pose them better and looking naturally using stands.
Without stands, you're taking a risk.

Thanks Silver and Remy

I prefer not to put Vader on a stand but I just wanted to know if it's stable enough or if people use to put some double-sided tape under feet to avoid suicides

Yeah, where is this in stock? Sideshow has nothing. Unless that poster doesn't mind paying bootlegger prices he ain't getting this.

Popcultcha still has him in stock. Not as cheap as when he was released but better than eBay prices. That's where I was going to snag him from.

Popcultcha still has him in stock. Not as cheap as when he was released but better than eBay prices. That's where I was going to snag him from.

This thing has sold out so fast you'd have to think HT is already underway on round 2. Even with TLJ on the way, they just aren't the kind of company to leave money on the table, and RO hits home video next month.

That's because the aussie dollar rebounded a bit from when Vader was announced. It'll crash again as soon as your fed raises interest rates making it a bargain to US buyers, then rebound making it more expensive as soon as Trump does something stupid. Again.

But stop telling people about our local stores and stealing our stock. We need it to stick around until sales :lol:monkey3

I mustered up the courage after seeing Jazz inc's tutorial and did the eye mod on this. It is amazing! Some other mods as well.

Jazz Inc eye/helmet mod

Sideshow deluxe chest box

Sideshow cod piece

Pixelpiper cathode lightsaber

IMG_1120.JPGIMG_1121.JPGIMG_1122.JPGIMG_1123.JPG

Back