Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic! Glad you’re happy with your R1 Vader. I have the v1 ANH Vader myself as ANH is my favorite iteration of Vader hands down, so I’m quite happy with that one. Without making any alterations to make it R1 accurate, R1 Vader out of the box looks to be a great generic representation of Vader, being that you sort of have elements of all the versions of Vaders in it: ANH style chest box, belt boxes, and gloves, ESB/RotJ shiny armor, ESB/RotJ shoulder armor over the tunic, etc.

I’ve seen you indeed posting in the SW threads more frequently. Hope you continue to do so. This is the section I frequent most.

Thanks to your advice. I really appreciate your input, and it helped in my decision.
Yeah, the R1 caters to my personal preference. I'm not really concerned with all the OCD discrepancies of each Vader. For me personally, the R1 catered to what I want, and specially the super shiny look. Really love that. And I also prefer the cape and tunic of the R1.

One of the reasons I stopped coming to the threads for a while, cause the new SW movies really left a bad taste in my mouth.
I honestly almost considered getting rid of my SW shelf.
In the end, I really shouldnt feel differently about the old Star Wars cause of the new movies. Like most people, Star Wars has a special place in everyone.
I remember as a kid, saving my lunch money so I can buy SW action figures.
So, its nice to come back to the threads and see all these figures again, and find out all these new perspectives on the figures.

Glad I could help. :duff

And yes, I agree that just because you don’t particularly care for the ST films, you shouldn’t purge your entire OT SW collection. The OT is the SW you know and grew up with, and nobody can take that away from you.

Thanks to your advice. I really appreciate your input, and it helped in my decision.
Yeah, the R1 caters to my personal preference. I'm not really concerned with all the OCD discrepancies of each Vader. For me personally, the R1 catered to what I want, and specially the super shiny look. Really love that. And I also prefer the cape and tunic of the R1.

One of the reasons I stopped coming to the threads for a while, cause the new SW movies really left a bad taste in my mouth.
I honestly almost considered getting rid of my SW shelf.
In the end, I really shouldnt feel differently about the old Star Wars cause of the new movies. Like most people, Star Wars has a special place in everyone.
I remember as a kid, saving my lunch money so I can buy SW action figures.
So, its nice to come back to the threads and see all these figures again, and find out all these new perspectives on the figures.

Nice to see you back in here, Fernando!
For me, my dislike of the latest sequel actually reinvigorated my love for the OT. Perhaps it's a case of trying to cling to what I like and grew up with, but either way, my "like' for the new movies and desire to buy OT figures seems like an inverse relationship. :lol

Nice to see you back in here, Fernando!
For me, my dislike of the latest sequel actually reinvigorated my love for the OT. Perhaps it's a case of trying to cling to what I like and grew up with, but either way, my "like' for the new movies and desire to buy OT figures seems like an inverse relationship. :lol

Thanks Yannick.
Lol, that's funny...and you're right though...I guess that's one way of seeing things in a different perspective.

Oh, and I'm really impressed with your pics of your Vader. Yours looks like a pic straight from the movies. :)

This bad boy arrives tomorrow! Can't wait!

So despite the tunic being under the armour, he is pretty much like he was in R1, right?

This bad boy arrives tomorrow! Can't wait!

So despite the tunic being under the armour, he is pretty much like he was in R1, right?

The tunic was under the chest armor in RO, did you mean ANH?

The differences between this and ANH are too small to matter to me, personally.

Nope, actually.

The tunic us over the chest armor in basically every single scene, except the brief 5-second "Prepare a boarding party" shot.

Tunic is under the chest armor only in the promo shots prior to R1's release.

And i meant, bes8des the tunic thing, everything else on the figure is movie accurate to his appearance in R1 (not ANH), right?

Nope, actually.

The tunic us over the chest armor in basically every single scene, except the brief 5-second "Prepare a boarding party" shot.

Tunic is under the chest armor only in the promo shots prior to R1's release.

And i meant, bes8des the tunic thing, everything else on the figure is movie accurate to his appearance in R1 (not ANH), right?

Does it look movie accurate to his appearance in R1 to you?

It does, i am just unable to see the smallest details that perhaps some collectors here might notice, hence why asking.

If you can't see any differences then they don't exist. I wouldn't worry about other people telling you what's right or wrong about a figure.

Just get it out of the box. Futz it however you see fit and enjoy it. There will ALWAYS be something... some slight detailing, however minor, that SOMEONE will say they don't like about a figure, or at least could be better. If you let those kind of comments affect your enjoyment of a figure then you'll never enjoy anything you own.

Maybe I don't look for the amount of accuracy as some people do on here but as someone who loved Kenner figures as a kid, that didn't remotely resemble the actors they were based on, I enjoy each and every figure I've bought and I don't see issues or inaccuracies because I don't look for them. Read a thread. If there's a simple fix to something you may consider a problem or that you think helps improve the look of a figure then go for it.

Yeah, I know people also like the tunic over the chest plate, but I personally prefer the chest plate over the tunic.
I'm glad that was the default.

With my RO, I am not interested in the accuracies to the film, I just want it to have the presence of Vader.

9F4E0B7B-7F32-4A96-AD4A-12A34578D95C.jpg

C7F46097-2502-497C-B205-C3322BE9E55F.jpg

52D49FD9-10DB-41D7-BA8D-66F95FD7EF8C.jpg

6A6E06BB-8CEC-4E20-A7D1-B8EBC663B85F.jpg

My R1 Vader just arrived and... when I was removing the chest armour to put it under the tunic, the square of velcro detached from the plate.. I must have put more pressure...

20181020_105400.jpg

My OCD has instantly kicked in. Straight out of the box and I broke something... I have put a bit of UHU glue to attach it back.

Do you think it will be OK?

Thanks.

My R1 Vader just arrived and... when I was removing the chest armour to put it under the tunic, the square of velcro detached from the plate.. I must have put more pressure...

View attachment 430715

My OCD has instantly kicked in. Straight out of the box and I broke something... I have put a bit of UHU glue to attach it back.

Do you think it will be OK?

Thanks.

A dab is super glue will insure it stays on.

A dab is super glue will insure it stays on.

Thanks! Is what happened normal and have I damaged the figure?

I am pretty sure the velcro wasn't properly glued in as it came off really easy (the moment I pulled the chest armour from it).

And in the future if it falls off again, will adding glue again on the same spot be ok?

Yeah, stuff does frequently come off, but these figures are like super delicate models - you have to handle them the way you'd handle a fine detail model. It took me forever to figure out that the only connection between HT figs and the Hasbro 12" figs was that they were 12" tall.:lol

Back