Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes very cool trooper. Best memory from this thread was the guy who took pics of him waist deep in water out in the wild. Very cool shots and ballsy move to do that with an expensive figure !

While I’ve never really taken to any of the RO trooper designs, I will say that this figure is a real triumph. Most pictures of this really look like “A man in a suit” congrats to those that have and like him.

Not quite. Hot Toys really screwed up the belt/Tasset armor. Since the belt and Tassets are a single piece of soft plastic and not separate Tasset pieces attached in a way that lets them articulate, there's extremely limited hip articulation. It's a terrible bonehead decision on HT's part because there's no reason they should be this way, the belt and Tassets are intended to be separate pieces.

One of the reasons I want HT to make the Squad Leader who doesn't have Tassets but a Kama so I can have a fully poseable Shoretrooper on the shelf.

Yeah the squad leader is also one I was waiting on. Luckily I decided to get the current one for now in case they didn't do others. But they really didn't come through with the Rogue One figures shown at cons. There were 3 of these site troopers at one con I recall.

Not quite. Hot Toys really screwed up the belt/Tasset armor. Since the belt and Tassets are a single piece of soft plastic and not separate Tasset pieces attached in a way that lets them articulate, there's extremely limited hip articulation. It's a terrible bonehead decision on HT's part because there's no reason they should be this way, the belt and Tassets are intended to be separate pieces.

One of the reasons I want HT to make the Squad Leader who doesn't have Tassets but a Kama so I can have a fully poseable Shoretrooper on the shelf.

I had no problem getting him into what I feel is a pretty good pose.

I wish my Shoretrooper could do this....

2B1B6029-DEA9-4D96-916D-E3207ED04659.jpeg

Nice shot Noob ! Such an individual looking design for him. I was very close to getting him at one point many moons ago.

I was thinking about making a custom belt for him. One that looks more like the squad leaders. Might be a fun little project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure hoping those other RO troopers are released. It seems like the Squad Leader is an easy release...but the new movie coming out, I hope these dont get pushed aside.

Yeah glad I did at the time. I like all of the RO imperials. They have that worn-in, battle tested look on the shelf, vs the first order troopers who are so stark.

I just like that they look more clone trooper like. I'm honestly not a fan of the Imperial Stormtrooper design.

Fantastic pics, love how unique it looks. Have always thought the weathering and shading on hot toys' version makes it look almost cartoony/cell shaded, maybe just me though! Hate how expensive these are on the after market so I may never get to own one

Thanks Generalszabo [emoji120] I actually like all the weathering on the armor, and in person I think it probably looks even better.

This waitlisted on Sideshow not long after it released if I remember correctly. Hot Toys seemed to have made a lot less of the RO figures in comparison to TFA. Thus prices going up in the aftermarket. This is also one I’d suggest if you could get one for a reasonable price. Although there’s a chance they could come out with the other two variants as well, but who knows at this point.

I hear ya...

Really wish I had picked one of these guys up.

And me. Love all of the RO designs and these guys are awesome but just had too many pre-orders at that time.

SS / HT's have so many Force Awakens troopers to shift still I guess they wanted to make sure the same scenario didn't happen with the less popular RO. Gutted! I'd actually buy more than 1 of these now.

I just like that they look more clone trooper like. I'm honestly not a fan of the Imperial Stormtrooper design.

That might be the first time I’ve heard someone say they don’t like the design of the OT Stormtrooper.

To me it’s one of the greatest pieces of design in popular culture.

Back