Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt never 'blew me away' anyways and for me not a selling point. A bit cheap to give us a rehashed sculpt after all this time. There'd be a lot of people pissed if HT did this with the Mech Test version and gave us a repainted version of the one that came with the MarkIII.

Yeah, that's still something I'm wondering about. If the Mech Test sculpt was approved, then why - after multiple revisions - not the BD IM sculpt?

I doubt Hot Toys will answer that themselves if any of us bothered asking.

You probably do now:lol
:lol this is probably true

Well, if they had done the show & tell routine with the reused head from the beginning this would be a different situation. I'd have been less excited for the figure overall, but at least we'd have known what we were getting, yes? And whatever changes might have occurred from page 1 of this thread to now would have been for the better.

As it stands, what's done is done. Hot Toys showed that prototype sculpt, said it was a Kojun sculpt, and months later, what we're getting is neither of those.

I already paid off my pre-order for this in full, so it' isn't like I'm not willing to give it a fair shake once it arrives. But already I know my opinion on it has gone down a bit.

that was the right thing to do.

But if they did, they prolly wont get as much as POs as now. Which I think was the only reason why they choose to only reveal them during the release date.:duh

Re: Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (BD) spec + pics (new head shot added!)

New head sculpt revealed-

IronManMarkIIIBattleDamagedverbacks.jpg

Hot Toys - MMS 110 - IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK III collectible figure (Battle Damaged Version)

The Battle damaged IRON MAN MARK III features:

l Authentic and detailed fully realized IRON MAN
l Stands approximately 30 cm tall
l Over 36 points of articulation
l Special features on the armor:
n Metal-like painting with scratches finishing
n Light up glowing eyes and Micro ARC reactor on chest (battery operated)
n Expendable wrist gauntlet (as shield)
n Ejective shoulder mounted micro munitions pod
n Retractable countermeasure dispenser
n Fully deployed Air Flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
n Re-engineered AirBrake deployment system
n Working forearms rocket
n Two interchangeable chest armors
l Seven pieces of interchangeable hands, including light up replusor palms
l Damaged helmet as accessory
l Alternate heads:
- Authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as TONY STARK, in damaged helmet with removable mask
- Non-damaged Iron Man helmet with light-up eyes function
l Deluxe Iron Man figure base

Release date: Q4, 2009 – Q1, 2010

Artist info:
Head Sculpt by Kojun
Paint by JC Hong

© 2008 MVLFFLLC . TM& 2009 MARVEL.

I think wookster needs to change the sculptors name, to TJ Cha... since thats a bit misleading :banghead

Re: Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (BD) spec + pics (new head shot added!)

I think wookster needs to change the sculptors name, to TJ Cha... since thats a bit misleading :banghead

And nor entirely a "new head sculpt" per say... recast, repainted, refurbished is a more accurate descrip....

Well, if I was buying this it certainly wouldn't be for the RDJ headsculpt - awful. In any case I don't like seeing a human face stuffed inside that tiny helmet. HT should have made Iron Man bigger as theres no way a typical 1/6th HT human figure would fit inside the figure as is.

I think hottoys has plans to use the Kojun prototype headsculp with the next Ironman 2 figure :( (they already have the license)

Frankly I don't think that original proto sculpt looks at all like RDJ. I can see why it didn't get approved.

It wasn't the only one rejected.

Just posted on facebook-

Hot Toys

Dear fans, We do understand your concern on the final head sculpt. It is finally released because of licensor's approval.
We have submitted several head sculpts with different face expressions; however, this head sculpt is finally selected.
Hope you would like it. Thanks very much for your response!

just got a call from Toy Hunter,
ironman will release at 17/2 3:00pm (hong kong time)

I've been talking to HT about the head issue and the DX02 oil issue as well. HT seem pretty dissapointed by the whole affair, obviously a whole heap of R+D went into these figures but there are more negative comments than possitive. They understand peoples reaction but I think they feel more than a little disheartened by the whole affair. Apparently many revisions were made to the new head and it was believed to be very close to approval when the magazine ran the feature using the Ko Jun pics, but it was declined at the 11th hour by certain individuals. All I can officially say is they are beyond disapointed by the decission, but it is now out of their hands.
Personally I still can't wait to see the details on this thing, but each to their own.

From the Hot Toys Facebook page

Dear all Hot Toys customers and figure fans,

On behalf of the Hot Toys production team, we are sorry about the latest announced backstage photo of Iron Man (Mark III) (Battle Damaged ver) collectible which has aroused strong criticism on the head sculpt on online platforms. At that time, our team would also like to express our thoughts in this statement.

First, we have replied proactively that this announced head sculpt is finally approved by licensor. The head sculpt, which was reported by magazine before, finally cannot pass the approval process successfully, amid our amendment and persuasion for many times. We were suggested to re-use the previously released head sculpt and we are reluctant but have to accept this truth. Therefore, the rumor guessing that we intentionally keep the previously reported head sculpt for future Iron Man 2 version's use is not correct.... See More

The purpose to make this Iron Man (Mark III) (Battle Damaged ver) by our team is to provide fans with a more well-equipped product with more sophisticated and specially designed features and with accessories which incorporate a brand new painting method. To put it simple, the main focus of this product is on the advancement of technique in all aspects and shall not only be limited to a new head sculpt. During the production process, we have encountered a multitude of problems. It is more difficult than producing a simple figurine. Perhaps fans may not be able to totally understand this, but every one from our team has devoted the utmost of our heart and time on this project which we think deserves fans’ respect. Strong criticisms or even attack over a certain issue is unfair to us and that is not what our team wants to see.

Last but not least, we have to clarify that though we have to re-use the previous head sculpt in this new product reluctantly, we have used totally brand new materials and painting effects, which would make it look different from the Mark II one. Hope you would understand our purpose of producing this product is to pursue the overall advancement in developing high quality product, so we would be appreciated if you could look at the product as a whole. We admit that we may have some faults in the process, but we would definitely take this experience for future improvement.

If you are still dissatisfied with the Iron Man (Mark III) (Battle Damaged ver) head sculpt and think that the whole set of product quality cannot reach your standard and satisfy your requirement, Hong Kong customers can visit our Toy Hunters store on or after Chor 5 (Feb 18) to get the deposit back. For those Hong Kong customers who purchase with full payment can also get back the total amount on or after Feb 18. Alternatively, customers can also change the deposit or total amount to other products. It applies the same to overseas customers and please contact your local distributor or our Customer Services Dept at [email protected] for the arrangement.

We will take this experience and continue to provide high quality products to meet your needs in future.

Best Regards,
Hot Toys Production Team

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I have been looking at this thread quite a bit and I have to say I am sad that Hot Toys are upset about this. It is obviously beyond thier control and they are a company that release excellent figures which keep getting better and better and at prices which I think are very reasonable. They do not deserve the backlash that they receive from people on here or on other forums. Mistakes do happen, either accidentally on their behalf and some which can't be helped. Its not the end of the world when a figure doesn't turn out how you expected. As for pre-orders, well I guess people should wait a while because we all know things can change last minute. Hot Toys have dealt with this problem very well IMO and I for one am still looking forward to this figure.

I'm still keeping my order coz I'm not buying the figure just for the headsculpt. I'll just display it with the helmet on. Let's not forget the engineering on the new body is just wow! :D

Back