Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to take some pics of Mark 2 unleashed, then ended up comparing the new mark 2 with the old 3 BD to see just how different / better a new mark 3 might be.

(my mark 3BD has neck and torso modded so looks slightly less oddly proportioned than usual)

it was interesting - they both look similar until closer inspection, when you see even tiny differences to make the construction better for example the thighs have one less visible seam. its amazing just how little is carried over unaltered - the only unaltered parts were the big air brakes, the shoulder bells, the elbow pads, the calf covers and the feet! bodes well for the inevitable redone mark 3 based on the armour unleashed. Will be keen to see how hot toys justifies to people buying another mark 3 - in the grand scheme of things it will only really look SLIGHTLY different to the existing mark 3... Only detail geeks like me would even notice!

DSCN1432.jpg

So based on this the older mold and the newer mold have the same height. I know the orginal mark 3/2 mold were shorter then the new mark 4/6 I guess that has not changed.

Still great comparison pics

I still have hopes we will get a 2.0 of this suit with the Mark II Armor Unleashed as the base.

They need to make a new one of this guy because my BD MK III looks so out of place proportionally to the rest of my MKs. So much so, I want to put it back in it's box.

The old Mark III are disgusting. We need a 2.0 of this more than we need any other figures right now.

While they aren't up to today's standards, you can't really hate on the old Mark III because they were evolutionary to give us what we have now.

That being said though, I would gladly embrace a Mark III v.2 if it ever comes out.

When Monger was first announced and when we first saw the Mk.II v.2, I totally thought HT would release a Mk.III v.2 in time during Mongers release date to capitalize on that timing opportunity. Oh well. Maybe sometime in 2013 for Mk.III v.2?

When Monger was first announced and when we first saw the Mk.II v.2, I totally thought HT would release a Mk.III v.2 in time during Mongers release date to capitalize on that timing opportunity. Oh well. Maybe sometime in 2013 for Mk.III v.2?

Maybe a capstone to the IM3 line, hopefully a fall '13 release.

Last edited:
This is the only IM figure I need, I don't want to spring for the original one because the figure is not that great IMO and will looks crappy compared the other IM figures.

Back