Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang on to yours.

If/when HT gets around to releasing the Iron Monger, the Mk.III BD will garner a lot of attention once again.

I have been considering tracking one down now that I know how to make the midsection thicker and the shoulders less pronounced. Don't think I want to pay the high mark up though.

I have been considering tracking one down now that I know how to make the midsection thicker and the shoulders less pronounced. Don't think I want to pay the high mark up though.
I know what you mean.
I've pretty much convinced myself that I wouldn't go looking for previous models that I missed from the Iron Man and Predator lines by Hot Toys. But I'll buy every release from here on out.

I might make an exception for the Mk.II, though. It's the only armor I'm missing. :(

Yeah and Mk II is right behind MK I in pricing...$400-500!!!
Glad I got him ....and to think I passed on Mk I a year or more ago when it was going for $200 or so- I thought WHAT?
Now i just shake my head.
Pricing on these IMs are crazy lately- MK IV on Ebay hitting close to $300!!!

I hope that Mark IV keeps going up. I got one for under retail when AlterEgo had that small restock.

Now that I have the III looking better I wish I had the II to go along with it. Same thing though, not going to pay those prices.

HT IMs better than stocks or mutual funds- I am feeling like I should start investing on these now ... I paid $170 for my Mk IVs just a few months ago...now...wow.
:yess:

Congrats Juan! :wink1:

Thanks bro..:wave:wave

Photo0999_EDIT.jpg

Photo1001_EDIT.jpg

Without that skinny waist- it is soooo awesome. I say most pics of him do not do it justice! In person different experience
I may be the biggest BD IM supporter in this wilderness of IVs and VIs fans.

Anyone came up with any solutions for the fading in the abs area? Mine is starting to fade very badly.
Here is what a fellow member tried and it looks pretty good:

Here goes....... only pics after customization

DSCF0947.jpg

DSCF0953.jpg

It is very simple. Just get some ink from your gundam paneling marker on your fingers and start smearing away on the abs. Try to do it evenly to avoid black blotches. if smear is not evenly spread try using a little cooking oil to even out the smear. The ink is removable with alcohol so no worries if u make a mistake.

Do a few layers of smears to get the desired tone and you will have your mark III back in tip top condition. (note i did lose the scuff marks on the abs when doing this)

thanks guys....... the marker i used is gundam marker GM01. I try to avoid touching the abs just in case it is oily. But from what i observe the abs are not oily. Use oil sparingly though. and yes I still have black thumbs and fingernails today

Thanks bro. That looks fantastic. But when I look up GM01 marker it only has black. Maybe he meant the metallic red gundam marker? Is gaylord around to help me answer this?

Oh and Metallic red is GM16. That's what I found anyway.

Back