1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great figure!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Congrats he looks great with Cap! This figs fault LOL I finally got IW Widow to go with...try for some pics later.

Is it just the pics or is his head a tad oversized?

Nah, IMO HT got this fig right. For me and my *&^%$ picture skills notice if my angle isn't decent the figs look squat. Probably some Tony Stark math level reason about camera lenses and refractive angles (or something) or maybe it's just my cheap phone.:cool:

My Bucky arrived yesterday, and I had a chance today to open him up. Echoing what others have already said, this is a great figure!

Just purchased this from SSC . Cant pass this up .

Good call; this is the best version In my opinion. Yeah the TWS version was definitely stacked with weapons (and almost all actually were able to be on the figure) but the pleather will eventually breakdown (mine is still fine since release but I know it will deteriorate). The improvements to the arm on the CW version were absolutely fantastic, noticeable and necessary but the headsculpt was almost identical to the KO that I found for TWS version that didn?t have the silly ?eye makeup? and the CW version lacked anything really exciting In my opinion.

But this Bucky is THE ultimate licensed version so far. I feel the need to pad the chest because it looks a tad flat and am considering doing some dirt dry brushing on the jacket (he appears dirty when ?them Cap? arrives but then clean in later scene so either way the jacket is movie accurate) but that SAW is done spectacularly well. I know it?s the identical mold as the CW version but there?s some extra dry brushing on the new one which makes it one of the best 1/6 guns I have ever seen.

The dark blue dry brushing on the SAW is very subtle and well done that I had to over expose the picture to be able to show where it was added so this is NOT what you will see as this was the only means to show the detail:

Attachments

• 2A879774-7585-45EB-8585-DD2BBEBE966F.jpg
    2A879774-7585-45EB-8585-DD2BBEBE966F.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 138
Good call; this is the best version In my opinion. Yeah the TWS version was definitely stacked with weapons (and almost all actually were able to be on the figure) but the pleather will eventually breakdown (mine is still fine since release but I know it will deteriorate). The improvements to the arm on the CW version were absolutely fantastic, noticeable and necessary but the headsculpt was almost identical to the KO that I found for TWS version that didn?t have the silly ?eye makeup? and the CW version lacked anything really exciting In my opinion.

But this Bucky is THE ultimate licensed version so far. I feel the need to pad the chest because it looks a tad flat and am considering doing some dirt dry brushing on the jacket (he appears dirty when ?them Cap? arrives but then clean in later scene so either way the jacket is movie accurate) but that SAW is done spectacularly well. I know it?s the identical mold as the CW version but there?s some extra dry brushing on the new one which makes it one of the best 1/6 guns I have ever seen.

The dark blue dry brushing on the SAW is very subtle and well done that I had to over expose the picture to be able to show where it was added so this is NOT what you will see as this was the only means to show the detail:

Happy to read production re this fig seems to be consistent re IMO figure excellence - yeah, am especially happy as my fav MCU character, but also am ratcheting back collecting (hope!:lol) and wanna work on displays and some 'bashing more. Agree the CW sculpt wasn't all that different from a KO that floated around (at least, the KO I have - the hair isn't as detailed, but there wasn't THAT much difference. Gonna us it to practice rooted hair at some point, or maybe try to learn paint touch-up).

Cool to boost the gun image colors to see the subtle dry brushing better! LOL was showing off Bucky to a neighbor and he practically had a drool fest over the rifle:lol - also the knife butt I think has a bit of dry brushing. My new IW Natasha has some subtle dirt as well - belt, on the boot soles.

IMO the only nit I'd have about this fig is a dio stand or Outrider would've been nice; but can supply my own extras and not everyone likes that kind of thing. Or maybe an extra screaming expression sculpt.:dunno $$$$

My Bucky arrived yesterday, and I had a chance today to open him up. Echoing what others have already said, this is a great figure!

Mine arrived today. I concur!

Great to see all these positive comments about this figure. :yess: Am so looking forward to adding him to my collection...I just wish the UK retailers would hurry up and get their stocks in already!! :impatient:

Great to see all these positive comments about this figure. :yess: Am so looking forward to adding him to my collection...I just wish the UK retailers would hurry up and get their stocks in already!! :impatient:

Yeah, it is. Especially since I had PO'd 2 of 'em.:monkey3

But have a few extra sculpts - figured what's the worst that could happen? Or just return.:horror

Now I just hafta work on getting IW War Machine paid off to go with. Really regret HT not putting out an IW Falcon.:(

Kinda wish HT went the extra mile and made his knife metal. Feels kinda cheap plastic. I like how the instructions make it sound sharp and dangerous too lol. Anyway this figure does have some quirks:

1) to make the sight go on the gun nice and snug you need to line up the holes, but also line up the rail itself. It goes on sort of both ways. Just plugging it into the holes doesn't get a very good fit, you need to wiggle it carefully until it attaches to the rail as well.

2) My robotic arm was very stiff out of the box. Warm it up to be safe, i used hot water for 30 secs.

Again the gun feels very fragile to me so be careful. Kinda wish HT had done better with it as today's modern war figures have much better modular gun parts that attach much better.

Metal arm Jesus looks great!

Really is in hand. Don't know what paint HT used but to me it's almost a liquid sheen. Even the changeable hands have amazing paint and very clean. Also arm proportions and body are great too.

Hope the TV series covers more details about the arm, on the HT it's impressively detailed.

Man to think i was going to pass on Bucky ! Love it ! View attachment 469782

I'd like to self report a theft. I'm stealing this pose. haha. First Bucky for me as well. Initially I didn't think I'd like this figure but once I got him out of the packaging, I was glad I got him. Was a B trying to get the rifle in his hand for fear of breaking something off of it, so be careful doing that. Also, don't forget to remove the small black foam inserts that are hiding behind his hair on each side. Didn't notice them there until I started turning his head. Hopefully folks that are interested in him pick him up before he sells out.

Great figure, didn't necessarily want a second Bucky but he came out great.

View attachment 469822

Wow Nice! As is Jaymig's pic:clap

Hopefully folks that are interested in him pick him up before he sells out.

Well...got MY Bucky stash:cool:, and thanks to this thread hopped over to Toy Anxiety and got (apparently) the last rifle and a few extra wrist pegs.

'Coz it's an awesome version of the SAW:love. Would love a parted out sculpt, but figures last I looked it'd been parted out and the head was $128. :horror IMO might as well get the entire fig. If I can get some parts cheaper will do a distressed dirty version - right now just don't have the will to grunge up this fig.:horror

Back