1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Yeah, this Obi-Wan Compared to Sideshow is like Sideshow compared to Hasbro, big leap forward.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I also just got the Obi-wan figure. And I too was only going to get Anakin from the PT but here I am with Maul and Obi-wan as well. I will likely grab Grievous and am contemplating Dooku but am unsure on that one (not because it's not a fantastic figure but I'm not sure I need the character). Anyway, obligatory pics...

I really wanted to do this first pose for Obi-wan as the beard stroke is iconic. But unfortunately Hot Toys ginormous hands strike again ruining the effect. I really wish they would pay more attention to the scale of hands, particularly for characters like Obi-wan and Tarkin where the hand to the face is so iconic.

qqjrNEI.jpg

uGHSKiB.jpg

I'm quite pleased with this figure. I like the tailoring and the boots are quite nice. I just wish the face was a little more serious (like Anakin's) to avoid that vacant stare look.

I also just got the Obi-wan figure. And I too was only going to get Anakin from the PT but here I am with Maul and Obi-wan as well. I will likely grab Grievous and am contemplating Dooku but am unsure on that one (not because it's not a fantastic figure but I'm not sure I need the character).

If you get the chance,and you see Dooku cheap,I'd get him!!
Such a presence!!

for once i actually like this figure. wasn`t going down that rabbit whole but so far i got obi-wan yoda count dooku darth maul custom jango fett. so far

An Episode I Obi Wan would be a great addition!

A52CDA86-43AE-4A45-A6C4-51F105CB7059.jpg

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to remove the excess dye from the robe from a fresh figure without damaging it?

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to remove the excess dye from the robe from a fresh figure without damaging it?

You'll need two bowls, one to wash in and one to rinse in. Warm water and gentle (I used sensitive skin detergent) and just swirl it and massage it. Rinse it in clean water and repeat until the rinse bucket doesn't have dye showing up in it. You may have to empty and refill it. Do one final wash with a bit of vinegar in the warm water to set the dye left. Rinse thoroughly.

Does anyone know the best place for the standard (or deluxe) used or new that isn’t eBay prices? I know I should have gotten this last year when prices were still close to msrp. Also I’m interested if anyone is planning to sell one.

Yea sadly it?s sold out everywhere. 400 on eBay to . Ugh lol

Only places I saw were Toys Wonderland and Toys Buying Agent both at 380ish US. Anotoys has the regular at 330 US plus ship so..yeah I guess that's the going rate sadly.

I'm sure HT is going to cash in on a Clone Wars armoured version of Kenobi and Anakin.

Only places I saw were Toys Wonderland and Toys Buying Agent both at 380ish US. Anotoys has the regular at 330 US plus ship so..yeah I guess that's the going rate sadly.

I wouldn't panic. When the Kenobi show comes out, they will have a new look for him.

We'll have TPM, AOTC, CW and D+ versions to go by. I refused to buy this figure because of the huge drop in quality.

Back