1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father...

c88b8874b669b7befd355a60a2f22795.jpg

614ac91b03ced0f22a9974d34b9630a9.jpg

7169039fb3f1d3440664cebfc98ba671.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

That's mind-blowing! How did you do that?!

That's mind-blowing! How did you do that?!

It's an iPhone(And possibly also android) app called Faceapp.
You can add smiles, frowns, age, de-age, add beards and moustaches, etc.
You can also change the hair.
I just aged the Ewan figure in the app.

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

It is trippy to think that someday Ewan could actually play crazy old Ben.

I'm sure he will eventually when Disney decides to remake the OT someday.

I?d pay money to see him play an old Ben Kenobi.

I just want to see this:

c9348cab9fea33c3fcbf976c833d9cfb.jpg

Haha nice app pic of Ewan. Really looks impressive.

That fan art is one of my favourites. Totally bad-ass !!! The look on Hans face :lol

fd07f2a5f37f0c7eeef7dd7972f1ec96.jpg

Very pleased to get this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obi.jpg

Just got mine today and had to snap a quick crappy pic.
Pretty satisfied with him regardless of the sculpt change.

I just got one. This has to be one of my favorite figures from Hottoys, and I can only imagine how much I would love it if his sculpt remained as incredible as it was in the prototype (which I think is my all time favorite HT sculpt). I do have three minor gripes, one being the dark beard and lack of grey around the sideburns. Seeing some of you guys fix those issues on your figures just shows how good the likeness is in my opinion. My second gripe is that Kenobi's tabards extend all the way down in the back like the other Jedi which I'm fairly certain isn't movie accurate. It becomes such an eyesore after you notice it. My last gripe is that my figure came with knees that wobble, it's very minor but it's still annoying. Overall I love this figure, definitely considering getting Anakin because of how much I like it.

The softening is a slight let down but not bad, the lack of grey and the goatee not being blonde throw things off a bit, though even the prototype lacked those. These were the only changes I made when I got mine.

I meant to say 'shows' and not 'hides'. I'm really surprised by just how much the beard color and grey sideburns fix the likeness for me. It's night and day in my opinion, which is crazy because it's something so small. Seeing your photos with the fixed sculpt has me considering repainting mine.

It’s not complicated, the only trouble I had was getting the blonde color right, my first pass looked too mustard yellow, I had to make it almost a really light brown with just a hint of yellow.

Even in Episode 2 it’s like that, but it’s so short it stands out less.

It’s not complicated, the only trouble I had was getting the blonde color right, my first pass looked too mustard yellow, I had to make it almost a really light brown with just a hint of yellow.

I used Tamiya Wooden Deck Tan XF-78. It's my go-to on HT when drybrushing a headsculpt's hair a bit lighter. I did the same with ANH Luke and Han too. It's just a light touch and well worth it if hair looks a bit too dark.

My second gripe is that Kenobi's tabards extend all the way down in the back like the other Jedi which I'm fairly certain isn't movie accurate.

They should extend only to his belt in the back. Do they go down beyond the belt?(I haven't opened mine, lol, i only have a custom on display)

Yeah, they go beyond the belt. It might have been a genuine mistake or HT just wanting to make a robe they could use for other characters, I don't know. I'm sure it would be an easy fix but I don't want to start cutting on an expensive figure. I'm also weird about having things not look the way they came, Hottoys ESB Boba Fett is the only figure I've felt comfortable customizing.

Back