1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Thanks, hopefully you'll get yours soon enough as well.

The Sideshow figure was one of the first 1/6 figures I ever got, back then I didn't have many resources for photography that I have now so my big thing was superimposing figures into films stills. There are a lot of great visual moments with Obi-Wan in this movie that stand out to me, and as much as I had fun at the time putting the Sideshow figure in there, there was no believability, it was a great figure for it's time but way too cartoony in a film still, especially against real people. Two of my favorite moments are both heavy emotional ones, when he gives Anakin the assignment to spy on Palpatine and says "the Council is asking you." and the other is when he's confronting Padme and says "I must find him." Ewan did such a great performance in making you feel the weight on Obi-Wan's shoulders in that movie, it's hard for many to get past the cringy dialogue and realize there was some really solid acting in it, but McGreggor was definitely a shining performance.

From one Godzilla fan (as well as obi wan fan) to another...this is a great post. Can't wait for you to receive this figure.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Thanks, hopefully you'll get yours soon enough as well.

The Sideshow figure was one of the first 1/6 figures I ever got, back then I didn't have many resources for photography that I have now so my big thing was superimposing figures into films stills. There are a lot of great visual moments with Obi-Wan in this movie that stand out to me, and as much as I had fun at the time putting the Sideshow figure in there, there was no believability, it was a great figure for it's time but way too cartoony in a film still, especially against real people. Two of my favorite moments are both heavy emotional ones, when he gives Anakin the assignment to spy on Palpatine and says "the Council is asking you." and the other is when he's confronting Padme and says "I must find him." Ewan did such a great performance in making you feel the weight on Obi-Wan's shoulders in that movie, it's hard for many to get past the cringy dialogue and realize there was some really solid acting in it, but McGreggor was definitely a shining performance.

Agreed. Living up to the Kenobi role was in many ways just as important as living up to the Anakin/Vader role. Don’t think too many others could have done it better than McGregor.

I remain unconvinced. Just because we are told it’s baby Luke, we are supposed to just accept that? I mean sure, it came with Kenobi and if they had ever made a Bail Organa figure with the same exact baby mold, they would tell us that it’s baby Leia and I’d still be unconvinced. Back in the 1970’s, hospitals would accidentally mix up babies all the time and some people had only found out via DNA/paternity/maternity tests. Hospitals got sued and lives were upended. WHERE IS THE PROOF?

In Hawaii. Go look.

He's so great - and I feel there are a ton of poses you can do with him since his face is so neutral! I need a new Detolf as well - it's way too cluttered in there! It's missing my Palpatine and First Order Trooper and Captain too. :3 With Darth Maul coming later this year it's time to get a 3rd!
ygflXTw.jpg
OLRviIB.jpg
hZI0cBO.jpg

I was able to switch out my arm, but it was a massive struggle and I thought for sure I was going to break something.

Anybody using the lit-up saber? I don’t think you can swap out the arms without taking all of his upper clothing off… The brown undergarment under the lighter tan tunic is too tight to allow the forearm to come out!

I was able to switch out my arm, but it was a massive struggle and I thought for sure I was going to break something.

Don't have mine yet but someone on the Hot Toys reddit said he spent like an hour and a half trying to pull the arm out and it wouldn't budge. Not looking forward to that!

Anyone else think the fidelity of the battle droid's blaster rifle so far exceeds that of the battle droid itself that it's almost comical? It's pretty clear a battle droid is in the works. Hot Toys, put me down for 20.

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Anyone else think the fidelity of the battle droid's blaster rifle so far exceeds that of the battle droid itself that it's almost comical? It's pretty clear a battle droid is in the works. Hot Toys, put me down for 20.

Roger roger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have mine yet but someone on the Hot Toys reddit said he spent like an hour and a half trying to pull the arm out and it wouldn't budge. Not looking forward to that!
boil and pop. Never fails!. (Of course I won’t do it with the batteries arm :lol)

I did it for Luke, Anakin and Kylo Ren - never again. They need to make it easier - put a ****ing zipper or make it stretchy!!

Man, I just *** hate those lightup saber arms. I had a very bad experience with Jedi Luke first, and nearly ruined/teared arpart entire right sleeve. Then ANH Vader ver2, completely clueless how to attach that stupid arm into the peg :(.

Theey should really just develop a new forearm so you don't have to jack the elbow out. I mean basically every Jedi has long sleeves right? The arms will be covered and you wouldn't see it.

They did what is pretty much the easiest, most consumer friendly option. If you dont like it, dont use it, they give you that option too.

BBTS charged me for the deluxe and it is now sitting in my pile of loot.

My regular is on it’s way from BBTS, I can’t wait.

They did what is pretty much the easiest, most consumer friendly option. If you dont like it, dont use it, they give you that option too.

You've obviously never done it, have you?

You are basically stretching the material to get the arm in/out - it's easier to get it out as you're just pulling it off. Putting it back in though? You're sorta stumbling around as you cannot really see the slot and fabric starts bunching up, maybe it clicked?? Nah, that was just plastic hitting. The arm is dangling. The cloth is all wrinkled and messed up.

Now - here's the point where you go, "NO IVE DONE IT AND ITS SO EASY". And then I go - you're a liar.

It definitely seems like a feature design where the expectation is you’ll swap and keep it that way for a good while and may go so far as to undress the figure to successfully do it. I want to try it for photos but removing limbs within a shirt where I can’t see what I’m doing is nerve racking, I gave it a try on Jedi Luke and the regular arm wasn’t popping out with ease and I haven’t tried again since.

Back