1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

“It can’t be..”

8DA7B2D9-489D-4CCC-8B9D-8005238307F8.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

They did what is pretty much the easiest, most consumer friendly option. If you dont like it, dont use it, they give you that option too.

Huh? The most consumer friendly option would be the easiest, like I mentioned, a newly developed forearm that can be replaced without jacking the entire elbow joint out of the upper arm.

There's multiple people saying how incredibly difficult it is to remove the arm on this one. I've done it on others, but there's obviously something going on with this specific body or arm.

You've obviously never done it, have you?

You are basically stretching the material to get the arm in/out - it's easier to get it out as you're just pulling it off. Putting it back in though? You're sorta stumbling around as you cannot really see the slot and fabric starts bunching up, maybe it clicked?? Nah, that was just plastic hitting. The arm is dangling. The cloth is all wrinkled and messed up.

Now - here's the point where you go, "NO IVE DONE IT AND ITS SO EASY". And then I go - you're a liar.

100% this.

Very nice. Got this showing up next week. ..can't wait! Keep the excellent shots coming!
He’s fantastic! Deluxe all the way too, can’t imagine not having the hologram table.

"This lil *****. This is how you reciprocate my training all these years ?"
:lol

Those poor younglings though...

I need some for an Anakin diorama. :lol

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Don't have mine yet but someone on the Hot Toys reddit said he spent like an hour and a half trying to pull the arm out and it wouldn't budge. Not looking forward to that!

You usually just have to bend the arm at the elbow socket beyond its limit and it'll pop out. Those Asian guys do it on some of their videos. ToysTv I think it was. They don't seem to be doing reviews any more. But for a while there they were the first for every figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You usually just have to bend the arm at the elbow socket beyond its limit and it'll pop out. Those Asian guys do it on some of their videos. ToysTv I think it was. They don't seem to be doing reviews any more. But for a while there they were the first for every figure.

how about put the arm back in?

how about put the arm back in?

I make sure the bicep is correctly orientated. Sometimes you have to do this by feel. Not too bad if you compare left with right.

Then get it in a straight arm position and push it in.

Shouldn't be too hard. Did you "get it in" ? [emoji23]

I make sure the bicep is correctly orientated. Sometimes you have to do this by feel. Not too bad if you compare left with right.

Then get it in a straight arm position and push it in.

Shouldn't be too hard. Did you "get it in" ? [emoji23]

No progress...cluless as my "first time" :lol

I had the deluxe version of this on pre-order at BBTS but cancelled it. Thinking of re-ordering it but not sure if I want the standard or deluxe. The hologram table is cool, but realistically I’ll never pose him with the baby Luke figure and the Battle Droid parts aren’t a big deal to me.

I had the deluxe version of this on pre-order at BBTS but cancelled it. Thinking of re-ordering it but not sure if I want the standard or deluxe. The hologram table is cool, but realistically I’ll never pose him with the baby Luke figure and the Battle Droid parts aren’t a big deal to me.
Hologram table alone is worth the extra money.

Wait. Do the battle droid parts only come with the deluxe version?

No I think the regular has them as well.

Both release have battle droid parts.

Both release have battle droid parts.

Hologram table alone is worth the extra money.
It's a cool looking piece I agree, but just not really sure it warrants a $40 difference between the standard and deluxe versions. Like I said baby Luke is something I'll never use. It would just sit in the box so it's essentially worthless to me.

Back