Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it looked better with the glasses. Either way it looks good to me. Already preordered this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

48356828_1975024532590141_1845549040524066816_n.jpg

Looks awesome. Got this coming from Sideshow. My very first Hot Toy was the unlicensed ‘Famous Type’ Neo figure, so have come full circle. My only minor gripe is I wish he came with a second pair of handguns rather than the second M16. I plan to display him carrying all of the guns like at the start of the lobby scene, and he should have two pistols in did shoulder holsters and two in his belt. No problem, will just have to buy a second pair when it’s parted out.

Yes my thoughts so far after watching ToysTV. Can't understand what they are saying so will need to wait for other reviewers like Jenkin Wong.
Likeness is unfortunately (IMO) not as good as I was hoping.

I wish he came with a second pair of handguns rather than the second M16. I plan to display him carrying all of the guns like at the start of the lobby scene, and he should have two pistols in did shoulder holsters and two in his belt. No problem, will just have to buy a second pair when it’s parted out.

He does have the two Scorpions, leaving the two Uzis, two MP5Ks and the two pistols.

Instead of that second m-16, I would have like to see that SPAS-12 shotgun. Guess he never wielded it though, just the SWAT officers.

Speaking of which, he would go great with a couple of blacked-out tactical figures

Yah , solid release, but in the typical range for HT.....they didnt knock it out of the park....

Something is off about the forehead I think, and the lips......

Sunglasses look wonky as hell....

But a solid representation of Neo.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

for me looks so freaking cool, a lot of poses. now I want the agent, to putting them in a dynamic pose (the subway fight should be awesome)

Wow that looks bad. The likeness was way better on the proto photos. I can't believe how off that looks. It looks like they just rushed it out and made literally no effort. The outfit itself looks like something they did yrs ago, not as high quality as today. Such a shame as i just watched all 3 matrix's in 4k and it was glorious. I just looked at the proto images and the face was SO much better. It was skinnier and had a much better likeness to young keanu. The five'o clock shadow is gone, the head is way bigger/fatter, the glasses are way oversized. Just wrong and canceled. What a waste.

Wow that looks bad. The likeness was way better on the proto photos. I can't believe how off that looks. It looks like they just rushed it out and made literally no effort. The outfit itself looks like something they did yrs ago, not as high quality as today. Such a shame as i just watched all 3 matrix's in 4k and it was glorious. I just looked at the proto images and the face was SO much better. It was skinnier and had a much better likeness to young keanu. The five'o clock shadow is gone, the head is way bigger/fatter, the glasses are way oversized. Just wrong and canceled. What a waste.

My feelings are not as harsh as yours but I basically agree. The tailoring is nothing special. The sculpt doesn't really remind me of the film in any meaningful way. The glasses are puffy.

In a time where my shelf space is limited, I think I will end up cancelling this after all. Just not good enough.

Matrix trilogy and Keanu are in my favorite list. I’m sad that I had to cancel this. I chose to buy another HT figure instead of this because I couldn’t see anything special.

Surprised by the reaction. I was not feeling excited by the figure or sculpt at all when it first went up, but seeing it now I think it actually looks a lot cooler somehow, and the likeness seems a bit less generic (although it does seem to work better without the thick glasses). And there are just a ton of cool poses you can put him in.

Looking forward now to having this and Wick on display together, with all their guns blazing.

Surprised by the reaction. I was not feeling excited by the figure or sculpt at all when it first went up, but seeing it now I think it actually looks a lot cooler somehow, and the likeness seems a bit less generic (although it does seem to work better without the thick glasses). And there are just a ton of cool poses you can put him in.

Looking forward now to having this and Wick on display together, with all their guns blazing.

Yeah..considering picking this up.

Back