Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's website is an absolute dumpster fire right now. I have shipped items still in the open order section, nrd paid pre-order still waiting to process, etc. Who knows what is what. According to the site my Neo hasn't shipped either.

Just talked to them today to pay for my neo, they told me the shipment was delayed because of the new year and will start shipping soon, no worries, ill get it when i get at this point, still says its pending the payment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just talked to them today to pay for my neo, they told me the shipment was delayed because of the new year and will start shipping soon, no worries, ill get it when i get at this point, still says its pending the payment

I have a shipping email now. The tracking number link doesn't work. You have to manually type the tracking number into the ups tracking website to get anything. It also has not updated to shipped on their website, still says processing. Whoever decided to update their website without properly testing things out should probably be let go, it's been a mess with various issues and has created a situation where customer service is overwhelmed and incapable of helping folks in a timely accurate fashion.

I have a shipping email now. The tracking number link doesn't work. You have to manually type the tracking number into the ups tracking website to get anything. It also has not updated to shipped on their website, still says processing. Whoever decided to update their website without properly testing things out should probably be let go, it's been a mess with various issues and has created a situation where customer service is overwhelmed and incapable of helping folks in a timely accurate fashion.

Like they care.....

SSC still thinks they will always be the only company in this game....If any other company gets distribution rights , SSC would be gone in a few years.

Hot Toys need to expand and find a new distributer in the US....maybe a few.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Like they care.....

SSC still thinks they will always be the only company in this game....If any other company gets distribution rights , SSC would be gone in a few years.

Hot Toys need to expand and find a new distributer in the US....maybe a few.

Wanna start a business??? I tried doing this with SSC years ago, but all Hot Toys sold anywhere in the U.S. gets distributed by them and talking to hot toys is a maybe, in all reality they won’t talk to you if you don’t have a means for your toy store to survive on other merchandise, which makes sense if you are SSC. Butttt

Just got my Neo. Although I am glad to finally have an official release, I'm really not thrilled with this attempt. I have been hoping since the beginning, that the head would look better in person. It does not. It certainly has a Neo vibe, but not a Keanu vibe. The shape of the head just seems to be off. Putting the glasses on helps, but not as much as I would have liked. I think my Iminime head looks better in a lot of ways. I know that head seems to be impossible to photograph well, but MarfMaster managed to get a nice shot posted over at OSC. I hope he won't mind me posting here.
OUSBYK2 (1).jpg

Just got my Neo. Although I am glad to finally have an official release, I'm really not thrilled with this attempt. I have been hoping since the beginning, that the head would look better in person. It does not. It certainly has a Neo vibe, but not a Keanu vibe. The shape of the head just seems to be off. Putting the glasses on helps, but not as much as I would have liked. I think my Iminime head looks better in a lot of ways. I know that head seems to be impossible to photograph well, but MarfMaster managed to get a nice shot posted over at OSC. I hope he won't mind me posting here.
View attachment 444116

No worries, thanks for the shout out. :duff

I keep going back and forth on which sculpt to use with my Neo. I think HT got the shape of his face wrong.

Last edited:
Wanna start a business??? I tried doing this with SSC years ago, but all Hot Toys sold anywhere in the U.S. gets distributed by them and talking to hot toys is a maybe, in all reality they won’t talk to you if you don’t have a means for your toy store to survive on other merchandise, which makes sense if you are SSC. Butttt

Yeah I would! BUT , Its the usual power game. Lots of money changing hands between a few people, which keeps a lock down on any business trying to make headway. No possibility for real competition.

Its the American, and now Chinese way..

Got this guy this morning from SSC. I guess I was one of the lucky few first batch receivers. I really like him. The likeness isn't quite there 100% of the time, especially without the glasses on, but I think it's still really good.

47077823491_05fe5fd915_b.jpg

46354789524_3de41b4cd0_b.jpg

[
32134361957_76955914c4_c.jpg

With sunglasses he looks ok without he looks a bit like Tobey Mcguire
43b4b45be4ff56fc109a2d0cec6a019a.jpg
3ba0faeda4c28f1ed5c082ec4b218521.jpg
ac9b21945097869f0046de904e38d863.jpg
141c30ff00b22d01193b27fb8d948ab5.jpg
c33e11ee69ce371a4dfade51a9f4083a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I think I mentioned this before, but I think the likeness (like many) suffers most from a full-frontal view. Semi-profile is quite good. The figure 'vibes' Neo really well and I'm happy enough with it, but agree it's not HT's best.

Back