Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a real world Neo with a spoon, tin bowl with single-celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals.... and fake puke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a real world Neo with a spoon, tin bowl with single-celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals.... and fake puke?

I'd like a Real World Neo with alternate "blinded" head!

8083763756260269139.jpg

Mine arrived. Definitely being ginger with the glasses. Extremely happy with the figure. Usually I find "the likeness looks better in hand" comments to be pretty spurious, but in this case I actually sort of agree. I wasn't very happy with the likeness in the promotional photos, but at actual scale it looks quite good.

This figure really needed one or two extra sets of hands, though. A "Come on" hand and available straight "knife" hand, for example. The fists and relaxed hands can conjure a decent Kung Fu pose, but I really think they dropped the ball by not including some tailored hands.

I also think several recent figures, including this one, desperately need a more second portrait with an expressive or "action" face. Try to strike an expressive pose with a figure with a completely neutral face can be challenging. I hope happily pay extra for a "deluxe" option that includes a second head. Hot Toys sometimes does deluxe versions but the extra accessories are rarely meaningful. A second portrait would be a great upsell, by contrast.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mine arrived. Definitely being ginger with the glasses. Extremely happy with the figure. Usually I find "the likeness looks better in hand" comments to be pretty spurious, but in this case I actually sort of agree. I wasn't very happy with the likeness in the promotional photos, but at actual scale it looks quite good.

This figure really needed one or two extra sets of hands, though. A "Come on" hand and available straight "knife" hand, for example. The fists and relaxed hands can conjure a decent Kung Fu pose, but I really think they dropped the ball by not including some tailored hands.

I also think several recent figures, including this one, desperately need a more second portrait with an expressive or "action" face. Try to strike an expressive pose with a figure with a completely neutral face can be challenging. I hope happily pay extra for a "deluxe" option that includes a second head. Hot Toys sometimes does deluxe versions but the extra accessories are rarely meaningful. A second portrait would be a great upsell, by contrast.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'd give the likeness maybe 80-85%. It vastly improves at certain angles, suffers a little straight-on but nothing I can't live with. I also wish they'd done Kung Fu hands, although MAYBE they're saving that for an exclusive version or a Reloaded release?

And a second portrait would be appreciated for any and all figures!

Mine hasn't shipped yet. It still says "payment processing" since Wednesday morning. I don't know what that's about.

I don't remember that lasting more than a day. Is that normal?

Mine hasn't shipped yet. It still says "payment processing" since Wednesday morning. I don't know what that's about.

I don't remember that lasting more than a day. Is that normal?

I'm in the same boat. I finally got through to Sideshow this morning and apparently our Neos are stuck at the port for a few more days thanks to the Chinese New Year. :(

Yeah, I'd give the likeness maybe 80-85%. It vastly improves at certain angles, suffers a little straight-on but nothing I can't live with. I also wish they'd done Kung Fu hands, although MAYBE they're saving that for an exclusive version or a Reloaded release?

And a second portrait would be appreciated for any and all figures!

Yeah good points about the hands.
Unfortunately it seems HT dont give you 2 heads per release anymore, as you said the neutral sculpt is good but limiting at the same time.

I'm in the same boat. I finally got through to Sideshow this morning and apparently our Neos are stuck at the port for a few more days thanks to the Chinese New Year. :(

Same situation here. WTF does the Chinese New Year have to do with the ports in California? Why are some shipping but not others? Sounds like a convenient excuse.

Same situation here. WTF does the Chinese New Year have to do with the ports in California? Why are some shipping but not others? Sounds like a convenient excuse.

No one works on chinese new year, and a lot of ports are owned by chinese families [emoji2960]

No one works on chinese new year, and a lot of ports are owned by chinese families [emoji2960]

According to the internet the Chinese New year was on Tuesday the 5th so not sure what that has to do with the rest of the week? Do the ports in California close for a week or more? If so shouldn't Sideshow be aware of this? What is up with this mysterious overseas holiday that seemingly anything and everything can be blamed on?

According to the internet the Chinese New year was on Tuesday the 5th so not sure what that has to do with the rest of the week? Do the ports in California close for a week or more? If so shouldn't Sideshow be aware of this? What is up with this mysterious overseas holiday that seemingly anything and everything can be blamed on?

Chinese New Year (this year anyway, I think it shifts around slightly) spans February 5th to the 19th, I believe. Gong hei fat choy!

I think it’s less about the holiday and more about an influx of shipments arriving at the same time because companies were trying to get things out before the holiday started.

Chinese New Year (this year anyway, I think it shifts around slightly) spans February 5th to the 19th, I believe. Gong hei fat choy!

Here in Australia the Chinese community celebrates for two weeks. I'm guessing it's the same everywhere. Whether that means a two-week shutdown I couldn't tell you.

Here in Australia the Chinese community celebrates for two weeks. I'm guessing it's the same everywhere. Whether that means a two-week shutdown I couldn't tell you.

I cannot imagine America taking 2 weeks off.....

Wall Street would collapse.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I was kind of down on Reloaded and Revolutions for that matter, but years later I just watched Reloaded and Neo's outfit and fight scenes are wildly entertaining in Reloaded, so I'd buy that version no questions asked. I really like my Matrix version. I've been stuck in work mode so been derelict in my bad cell phone photo duty. LOL

My only disappointment is that they didn't give us the priest outfit in the box. That is probably my favourite look for Neo.

61julDqrR3L._SY606_.jpg

I'd expect a Reloaded Neo sometime this year.

Here's hopin'! :cool:

I think the monk/priest costume is Neo's most iconic look, even if the first film is by far the best film in the trilogy. It's not unprecedented for a sequel to produce a more iconic design.

Hopefully it gets made, but looking at all the Disney/DC movies coming out this year, HT is going to be very busy with current franchises. I doubt they'll even make Smith. I think this might be it. John Wick 3 has a better.. shot :))), at getting made before Reloaded Neo. imo.

I think if the sales of this match what I think they will I could see Hot Toys fast tracking other Matrix figs. Could just be my circles but were at point where the 20 year cycle for nostalgia to kick in for the first movie and over the last few months I've gradually been seeing a lot more talk about these movies on social media.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back