Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Acquires The Matrix License

i'm shocked and pleased- non-Disney license!!!!!!!!!:lol

I worked on VFX on all three films.. I did the wire removals, etc for Hell's Coat Check including that bottom shot. My buddy John Sasaki did the top Bullet-Time of her killing the cop. First film is great but the other two sucked hard. I was on set for the motion capture of the semi battle in part II and at that time we all thought the second was going to be so bad ass. Too bad.

I used to want figures from the films, I am over it. I would rather have this:
View attachment 380198

Yes I agree! Great job on the effects- Matrix beat out Phantom Menace on the academy award//ILM though they were a shoe-in! :lol

Catwoman is supposedly in the works and will be out before Penguin, according to a Q&A with Howard from April of this year. Same Q&A where he said they're working on a Wolf Predator and where he hinted at the Matrix license.

Would love to see that Catwoman.

Now that they have to do a female in black vinyl for Matrix, maybe we're that much closer to Catwoman.

How are they going to do all that external stitching on the catwoman outfit ? Man that would be very impressive.

Funnily enough, posted this pic just the other day. Michelle Pfeiffer, still one of the hottest women to ever grace the silver screen.

bff607f364a6e4ff3e9e3688feab7ac3.jpg

Automatic pre-orders. Been requesting these figures for over a decade. Here's hoping that Hot Toys does come through this time. (and not leave out some characters...)

About damn time. I was hoping they'd get the license way back for the 10th anniversary.:lol

If it’s first movie stuff, this will be a big top 5 want crossed off the list.

I'm excited but will be in disbelief until I see a full quality line up.
I'm talking Neo, Trinity, Morpheous, Agent Smith and his partners. And I'll take the twins too.

Neo, Morpheus, the twins and Trinity. Best news from HT from the last 5 years!

I doubt they’ll go beyond the big 4, Neo, Trin, Morph, Smith.......but if it sells like crazy who knows. They ready seem overworked with the Disney stuff and WB, i cant see them going all out on a 20 year old license.

I still have my Hot Toys Sentinel. Never thought they'd revisit the license with all the customs out there. I wonder if they'll redo the Sentinel, maybe a light-up version?

Sentinel Hot Toys Matrix.jpg

I think most would welcome HT to do right by older licenses and give them full line up. They can only rehash the same marvel and dc crap so much. Eventually it has to wind down.
This announcement is would make a nice change of pace provided they follow through with production.
Outside of OT Star Wars currently, they're in a rut.

The biggest concern is Trinity. If they make her in a tight pvc-type outfit, she may have very limited articulation....

Biggest concern for who? The people who buy figures to play with?

Hot toys needs a change of pace. Older licences should get the full line up compleist treatment too.
They can only rehash Marvel and DC stuff so many times. It's gotta turn around eventually.
Currently outside of Star Wars OT releases I'd say they're in a rut. And likely seeing that OT is outselling everything else.

I wonder how many of the people who complain that Hot Toys only make figures from new Disney or DC figures and should be tackling classic Action and Sci Fi films from the 80's and 90's will be the same folks complaining that this license is being produced "too late" for them to still care about it. That would be funny.

What folks wish would happen and the reality of what will happen is quite different. HT bank is Disney and WB that train ain’t stopping. As the post above the main four characters if your lucky. Plenty of older licenses with gaps, Matrix wouldn’t be the first.

Back