Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Acquires The Matrix License

I won't be picking up Agent Skull but Neo looks great.

At least it tells me that they are miles away from giving us anything but a Neo. One-off license.

I will likely snag Neo, but to be honest, the most iconic image stuck in my head was from a TV spot for the first film, where we see Trinity frozen in mid-air before kicking the cop in the face. I'd almost be happy with just her.

Agent Smith will be barebones as I can imagine. There is nothing will comes with him, he is just plain character in movie.

Unless he comes with his two buddies. :D

From the looks of the bash HT did (that basically looks like mine) they don't even have a proto, so I have doubts this will see the light of day. I fear HT will make just Neo... like just Sparrow... and be done with it.

This would have been great in 2010. I'm still a big fan of the first film, I just pretend the sequels didn't happen.

To be honest, these look terrible.

Only speaking for myself, the Matrix is timeless. These could have been announced in 2030, and I'd still be stoked (which, coincidentally, might be when the figures arrive haha).

That Smith head better be a placeholder. Using the Red Skull head just isn't going to fly. He's too old there. Inigou really nailed it with his.
25666997245_e5dfb78b27_o.jpg

They are definitely going to go with the Red Skull sculpt and just slap a new paintjob on top. :lol

Let's them avoid having to do a new sculpt and easily push out an Agent Smith figure.

It looks like they have left out the skorpion machine guns. Would be interesting to see if he will come with them and where they put them as in the film it looks like he pulls them from his hips but they can't be seen when he opens his coat at the gate.

Re: Hot Toys The Matrix 1/6 scale figures

agent smith and neo the posing possibilities are about limitless. I foresee this being like Deadpool where you have the constant urge to repose him and cannot settle on one pose cause there are just so many awesome choices!!!!

Those Neo glasses are terrible, really brings the whole presentation down. Overall these are both super underwhelming. No idea why they would put this basically 5 year old kitbash in as a stand in for Smith. Just wait till you have something to show Hot Toys..

Yeah, that Red Skull Smith is essentially what I already have for Smith. :lol

I have a feeling this "line" will consist of Neo and that's it.

Neo's not bad. If they tighten up what they've shown us already I'll probably get him, and I say this as someone who's sold all his 1/6 lol

Give them a break. They only announced the license yesterday. We're lucky we even got this today and it wasn't shown in 2021.

Critiquing placeholders of a desired license just announced yesterday. :lol

Wasn't it like 2 years from announcing Reeve Superman and actually showing a prototype. :lol

Back