Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Matrix 1/6 scale figures

I still have the Reloaded Neo from Medicom but I'd love to see Hot Toys make that one. This looks far superior so will mostly likely PO.

Re: Hot Toys Acquires The Matrix License

I think I'll come back when people stop panicking and realize these are early prototypes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yep...I think it's no mystery that the actual figures will bear little resemblance to what is being displayed in those pictures...if you are not interested in figures of The Matrix...what difference does it make? If you are interested then experience will tell you that the figures that are ultimately released in a couple of years will make you happy. I am no Hot Toys apologist but they do have just a little bit of experience in this arena...

There were people talkin' about shown figures.
Then there are people talkin' about people who talk about shown figures in a smug high horse manner.

Just the usual circle-jerk, nothing out of the ordinary.

Yep...I think it's no mystery that the actual figures will bear little resemblance to what is being displayed in those pictures...if you are not interested in figures of The Matrix...what difference does it make? If you are interested then experience will tell you that the figures that are ultimately released in a couple of years will make you happy. I am no Hot Toys apologist but they do have just a little bit of experience in this arena...

Maybe they'll show great lookin' figures on their official announcement pics and then release crap.
Or maybe they'll show crap lookin' figures on official announcement pics and then release solid stuff.
Who knows? When it comes to HT the only sure thing is "stay tune/prototype shown/delayed".

This line has a lot of potential. Unfortunately, Hot Toys won't exploit it.

We'll probably get just Neo, Agent Smith and Trinity but no Morpheus. (From the original film).

* I want the garbage truck, phone booth and the Huey in 1/6th scale... :wink1:

We'll probably get just Neo, Agent Smith and Trinity but no Morpheus. (From the original film).

* I want the garbage truck, phone booth and the Huey in 1/6th scale... :wink1:

ht-docBrown04.jpg

I'd love to see Hot Toys produce a prolific Matrix line. However, from a business standpoint it probably doesn't make much sense when they can sell 10 Marvel or Star Wars figures for every Matrix figure.

Come on, people say they'll buy everything from a line, but then when it actually comes to forking out the money, people change their minds.

I can see there would be many Matrix fans that would be happy with just Neo being released and that one figure can represent the film.

I'd like to see Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Smith, but forget about going any deeper than that. Any other figures would just end up shelf warmers and if people haven't noticed recently, there are a tonne of Hot Toys figures remaining in stock long after their releases.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd love to see Hot Toys produce a prolific Matrix line. However, from a business standpoint it probably doesn't make much sense when they can sell 10 Marvel or Star Wars figures for every Matrix figure.

I think even with those two lines you mentioned they are being really cautious now and not doing so many side characters. These last few years have shown their figures just do not fly off the shelves like they used to.

Come on, people say they'll buy everything from a line, but then when it actually comes to forking out the money, people change their minds.

I can see there would be many Matrix fans that would be happy with just Neo being released and that one figure can represent the film.

I'd like to see Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Smith, but forget about going any deeper than that. Any other figures would just end up shelf warmers and if people haven't noticed recently, there are a tonne of Hot Toys figures remaining in stock long after their releases.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BINGO!!

I personally have not bought any of the figures from any of the Marvel Universe movies or Star Wars. I have not bought any Hot Toys figure for years. If they release the 4 main characters at a 230-250 dollar price point I will buy them all.

I agree that the line will be a one off deal, but either way, it will be cool to have the 4 leads from such a good company.

Back