Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Acquires The Matrix License

This Smith looks as he was assembled from the parts (agent's?) and sculpt (Red Scull one) that were already produced.

Looks like very much that, first stage designs to go with the announcement.

Really surprised they are showing off first designs so soon. Far cry from the Prometheus days.
Hope they do the twins and Persephone, though I'd imagine getting Monica Belluci to sign off on likeness rights would be problematic.

amiamihobbynews-936430154410164224-20171130_220201-img1.jpg

-hot-toys-captain-america-the-first-avenger-red-skull-johann-schmidt-.jpg

Hmmm...

Clearly these are very early prototypes--that's definitely a Red Skull head--you can tell from the haircut.

I'll almost certainly buy both. The only thing that might change that is if Reloaded versions come out. Although Reloaded was an inferior film, the looks for Neo and Smith are more appealing to me. That would be a tough call.

Yes also prefer the reloaded look but if this one has no exposed joints I will buy it since I am not sure Hot Toys will make two versions of this.

Awesome to hear there will finally be some Matrix figures. That Iconic Toys Neo looked great, so I was disappointed that was never released. Thankfully Hot Toys has picked it up and not Star Ace lmao

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys The Matrix 1/6 scale figures

Looks like the other matrix thread is winning. Time to move over there I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's Agent Smith sculpt should be placeholder. His hair is not that short.

Those two look great so far! These are early stages of the figures im sure HT will refine them. Bring on Trinity

Though Neo from the rescue scene is cool, sequels' Neo is what I want. Smith does not matter which version it is as the only difference I notice is the earpiece.

I will be surprised of they do too many characters. Maybe Morpheus and even less Trinity.

Even less Trinity? Shes a major character.

A decent start but definitely need to be properly redone. Not even close to what I want to see for final product. But cool that they had something to show.

Both are garbage headsculpts and both sunglasses are wrong.
Smith's sculpt looks fine, it's our good ol' Red Skull.

484.jpg

Maybe it's just a placeholder, but I'd be fine witht them usin' that same sculpt.
Suit looks like the one from their Coulson... pretty meh.

PD1353905224W3p.jpg

Glasses from sequels tho... That's really wierd.

Smith's sculpt looks fine, it's our good ol' Red Skull.

484.jpg

Maybe it's just a placeholder, but I'd be fine witht them usin' that same sculpt.
Suit looks like the one from their Coulson... pretty meh.

PD1353905224W3p.jpg

Glasses from sequels tho... That's really wierd.

But he didn't have exaggerated eyebrows in Matrix...

No clue why they used the Reloaded glasses either. They should be more rectangle.

But he didn't have exaggerated eyebrows in Matrix...

No clue why they used the Reloaded glasses either. They should be more rectangle.

Because it's clearly a reloaded Smith... which is unfortunate :( the Smith from the first movie had a green suit.

These have to be the worst things I've seen from Hot toys since the Crow. I seriously hope that the suit and sculpt are placeholders for Smith and that almost everything gets reworked on Neo too.

There have been over a decade of very good customs, private runs and mass produced knock off Matrix items that have set the bar high. Hot toys needs to be a bar raiser and here they are falling short of the oodles of stuff that's already out there even if it is commendable they went after a less of the moment license.

This is why I'm getting Crow flashbacks...

It's not clearly the Reloaded Smith if he's got an ear piece...

Back