1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the iconic disks and the high collar I really get a "King Thor" vibe off the IW version, which is cool.

But at this point I'm leaning towards buying the Ragnarok version and picking up the IW head on the aftermarket.

Ragnarok just had such a unique look, and it finally delivered the version of Thor that I had been looking for all along... So I don't think I can pass on that.

Plus, that helmet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yep finally pulled the trigger, used my sideshow rewards. Going to get Hela too, seen the movie a few times now. It has a sort of rythm to it, it’s quite an enjoyable film to watch and there are barely any scenes where I don’t find something enjoyable in them. Is it perfect? Heck no, the downplay of his father’s death and casual treatment of the destruction of asguard are just two issues but of all the 2017 films including GOTG2 and Homecoming this is the one I find myself coming back to. The colour palette and positivity that permeates the entire film just sits right with me. Also that soundtrack and Jack Kirby style just puts this above some of the more mundane/bland films that Marvel studios have put out. Really hope Hot Toys try to hold onto the more colourful aspects of the figure including the blues and reds etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah out of curiosity I just went back and rewatched the first two Thor movies, which I hadn't seen in a while, and Ragnarok just completely blows them away. The first movie has some cool moments here and there (even if the CGI doesn't hold up so well), but Dark World is just painfully dull and generic all the way through.

Urgh, I really can't decide between Gladia-Thor and the new IW one.
Of course, the new one is amazing, but to me the Gladiator outfit just rocks and locks so much better than this pimped up Thor 1 costume he's wearing in IW.

Get the Road Worn one. Problem solved.

Yeah out of curiosity I just went back and rewatched the first two Thor movies, which I hadn't seen in a while, and Ragnarok just completely blows them away. The first movie has some cool moments here and there (even if the CGI doesn't hold up so well), but Dark World is just painfully dull and generic all the way through.

Yep especially the earth stuff in dark world, Kat Dennings can wear the heck out of a tight blouse but she really grates when she tries to be funny.
7766de0e226c0744d7e9249ad6e8397c.jpg

Its an ok stepping stone in marvels MCU towards Infinity War with the appearance of the Aether but as a stand alone film it doesn’t really do much. At least this has its own identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this out in China yet? I got a $50 code and was hoping this would be in stock before April.

I was interested in this figure, but I haven’t seen much longevity wise to make me want a figure with the rubber arms. Is there anything to treat them with so they don’t crack or deteriorate? I haven’t been collecting as long as most people on this forum and have no experience with this kind of issue. It’s also held me back from getting Gamora as well. Both the figures look great to me, but the review videos and pictures of the rubber arms I see here and on YouTube and such really kinda make me anxious about it.

I’ve got dozens of rubber arm figures and not one of them has any issues.

It is not though that could change very soon

Thanks. I know it’s a stretch to hope sideshow will have it in stock before April 30th, but it’s the only one I am interested in and don’t want my $50 code to go to waste.

So it’s just been a case of people are more likely to complain then praise, and that’s why it’s been more common to see when I look it up?

Yeah that’s part of it. There is a small percentage that do have issues. Some of it’s just handling and some of it’s just bad luck. Climate and sun can really effect rubber arms so that’s part of it as well. But it’s the same failure rate as just about everything else, less then 10% of all figures have any issues.

You are correct that it’s more likely to see someone speak up about an issue then someone who’s had no issues.

Yeah that’s part of it. There is a small percentage that do have issues. Some of it’s just handling and some of it’s just bad luck. Climate and sun can really effect rubber arms so that’s part of it as well. But it’s the same failure rate as just about everything else, less then 10% of all figures have any issues.

You are correct that it’s more likely to see someone speak up about an issue then someone who’s had no issues.

Welll I appreciate the info, especially from personal experience of yours.

Thank you so much for the reply!

I think humidity is a key factor. People in humid climates seem to have more issues. Like you, I own over a dozen rubber arm figures, with zero issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been crazy lucky. A few magnets that fell off but where easy to fix. A dead light on one iron man. That’s about it.

I think humidity is a key factor. People in humid climates seem to have more issues. Like you, I own over a dozen rubber arm figures, with zero issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently moved to a area in the south that reportedly has humid heat, so that probably isn’t a good factor lol

Back