Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2885.jpg
ARLOE3618.jpg

Great figure

Desperately need a body swap on this guy, can't stand on his own and barely with the base. Any recommendations for a body? And how difficult is this guy to swap over for those that may have done it?

i have no problem with mine standing on his own. is the foot pegs shoved all the way down ? might be one of the problems as it might be off balance.

Loose legs & knees unfortunately.

The joints can be tightened. If you remove the clothing and pop the joints out you, they might be the screw-together type. I am pretty sure that they use the same body for the John Wick figure. If you replace it with a pattern body, you might have trouble with the replaceable arm. I’d try and tighten the joints if you can.

The joints can be tightened. If you remove the clothing and pop the joints out you, they might be the screw-together type. I am pretty sure that they use the same body for the John Wick figure. If you replace it with a pattern body, you might have trouble with the replaceable arm. I’d try and tighten the joints if you can.

Hmm I'll give it a look, cheers.

Hmm I'll give it a look, cheers.

No worries. If you’re careful you should be able to remove the knee joints without taking anything off but the boots. Then you will know if you are able to work with them or need to replace them. And you might even be able to replace them with better versions from another manufacturer that are tighter.

No worries. If you?re careful you should be able to remove the knee joints without taking anything off but the boots. Then you will know if you are able to work with them or need to replace them. And you might even be able to replace them with better versions from another manufacturer that are tighter.

Would that work for the upper legs too though?

Would that work for the upper legs too though?

The way the HT hips are put together isn?t too difficult to take apart. But you?d at least have to remove the trousers.
There will be three little plugs on the rear that you have to prise out. Those will cover the screws. With those out, the ball joints for the hips will come out(If you go this route, I?d mark them L&R with a sharpie before unscrewing the hips). You can take the balls joints apart too. What I normally do is to make paper shims for any joints that are loose. Cut the shin, fit in place, put it back together and see if it?s much better. If not, add more shims.
I hope this helps.

My preferred version of Anakin. I like the darkside base, but he wouldn't fit in my detolf with it.

Attachments

• 20210818_193558.jpg
    20210818_193558.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 68
Finally have this figure back in my collection and forgot how good it looks. I switched out the robe to a HT Qui-Gon robe. Also gave him a Death Trooper display stand but swapped the nameplates. Those were the two things I didn’t like about the figure my first time having him.

F7A2B065-C2DA-41CF-9026-99D3AD4C99FC.jpeg

PS. I know I’m awful at taking pics :lol

Last edited:
Finally have this figure back in my collection and forgot how good it looks. I switched out the robe to a HT Qui-Gon robe. Also gave him a Death Trooper display stand but swapped the nameplates. Those were the two things I didn’t like about the figure my first time having him.

View attachment 537699
PS. I know I’m awful at taking pics :lol
There's something about re-acquiring figures that one sold off, only to regret it later... Makes them extra special when they are back in the collection.

I did that with the original HT Terminator T-800 and T-1000 figures.

There's something about re-acquiring figures that one sold off, only to regret it later... Makes them extra special when they are back in the collection.

I did that with the original HT Terminator T-800 and T-1000 figures.
Very true. I've only done that about twice before, but Anakin was sold off during a time I unfortunately lost my job in mid-2019 and had to sell a majority of my collection. He's the only one I've rebought from that time as my collecting interests have changed some since then. Speaking of Terminator though, I definitely miss my DX10 and DX13.

Last edited:
This figure has had so much nostalgic value to me, he was the sole reason why I started to hooked with this 1/6 collecting hobby, when I first saw his prototype back in SDCC 2017.

This figure has had so much nostalgic value to me, he was the sole reason why I started to hooked with this 1/6 collecting hobby, when I first saw his prototype back in SDCC 2017.
There's always that sweetspot for the one that started it all. For HT, I started with Origins Logan/Wolverine. I've bought and sold him twice and just haven't gone to rebuy him again.

Back