Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a lot of less than smart people who can't see hot toys reissuing figures that goes for crazy prices on Ebay and never the ones that didn't go up in price.

The ones that go up in price are usually the most sought after figure. Why would HT reissue figures that there isn?t much demand for? It doesn?t make any sense.

51DD0D98-00AF-4DA5-B824-A80DDD844FE5.jpg

The ones that go up in price are usually the most sought after figure. Why would HT reissue figures that there isn?t much demand for? It doesn?t make any sense.

Did you actually follow the conversation or just jumped in and read only my post then commented? My point was hot toys looked at aftermarket prices the decided to chase after those dollars by re releasing figures. Someone had the smart idea that hot toys didn't look at aftermarket prices before re issuing a figure. That's what my reply was addressing.

Hello guys, has anyone here used 303 Aerospace Protectant to prolong the leather materials on their figures? Is it safe to use for the materials used on the likes of leather boots and vest of anakin?

303-protectant.jpg

Oh nice! ive been using mink oil and beeswax on figs that has genuine leather but for faux/vinyl i have no idea w/c works fine.
I will try this out! thank you :D

ARLOE3618.jpg

My custom rooted hair anakin dark side. This has to be one of the best sculpts and hair custom I have scene. Glad I bought it.

Wow. Just got my Anakin back after a bit of an Adventure.
On the 28th of June(In dire financial straits), i sold my Anakin + Dark Side head to a member here.
I wrapped them up and posted them to the USA, and spent the money paying bills.
Cut to a couple of weeks later, i get a message from the member saying he had checked the tracking and it had been rerouted back to customs holding(Some problem with customs clearance). I assumed it was a CoVid delay, said as much to him and asked if he could be patient.
So, another two weeks pass by, and still nothing. At this stage, Fedex are saying it has likely been lost and to start a claim. But i marked the shipping value down to almost zero so there would be no import charges...
Anyway, after four weeks of no Anakin, the member here wanted his money back. I have been working a lot less with the CoVid situation, which is why i've been selling off my most treasured figures, but he escalated it to paypal, so i had to sell three other figures to raise the cash and gave him his refund.
I then called Fedex to "start an investigation" hoping they couldn't have lost the figure(How can a tracked shipment disappear?), and explaining i needed it sent back to me.
And ten days ago, the tracking updates as "out for delivery" to the member who had bought it.
It arrived with him, and he said the package didn't look too great. In any case, i have spent the entire time regretting selling Anakin, as it is irreplaceable. So i wanted it back.
I paid for two day shipping from DHL, and after a few aborted pickup attempts, it was picked up on monday afternoon and i got it yesterday.
The figure is still sealed in it's shipper, and the Darkside head is still mint.
So, nearly two months later, more that $100 worth of shipping, several sleepless nights, and the loss(Through selling) of two Reeve Superman figures plus one Tony stark Armor Test set, i have him back.
I know it's only a doll. One that i PO'd with SS on the first day of announcement, that SS shipped to a friend of mine in Illinois, that he shipped to me, and that i then put on a shelf, sealed in it's shipper, and never opened it the whole time i had it. But when i get him out on display, i'll look at him and think of the bizarre adventure that figure has been through, and the crazy two months worth of worry it put me through, lol.
I'm just glad it had a mostly happy ending.
I have my Anakin back.
Phew.

I can imagine. Would have stressed me out.

Yeah. My Wife kept saying: "Why did you sell your Anakin?" She's so supportive. She would literally do without essentials for me to buy a figure, and i would sell every figure i have if we needed the money, as they are only dolls at the end of the day. The bottom line was we had bills to pay and i wasn't going to sit on a pile of dolls and struggle, when i could sell a few to pay the bills.
But luckily it worked out.

Yeah. My Wife kept saying: "Why did you sell your Anakin?" She's so supportive. She would literally do without essentials for me to buy a figure, and i would sell every figure i have if we needed the money, as they are only dolls at the end of the day. The bottom line was we had bills to pay and i wasn't going to sit on a pile of dolls and struggle, when i could sell a few to pay the bills.
But luckily it worked out.

THIS is a feel good story.
I feel your pain as I've been down a similar road and every time I've sold a figure off,its always due to unexpected bills and to keep my head above water.
The best part is,when you're on your feet again,you get to buy back what you've sold.
Sometimes you pay a little more,sometimes a little less,but everything works out in the end.

THIS is a feel good story.
I feel your pain as I've been down a similar road and every time I've sold a figure off,its always due to unexpected bills and to keep my head above water.
The best part is,when you're on your feet again,you get to buy back what you've sold.
Sometimes you pay a little more,sometimes a little less,but everything works out in the end.

Thanks, my friend.
It does help to think of it as being reunited with something lost, and then found.
I know we will all go through these partings with figures(Or other items).
I was just glad to get this one back.
For a bit, i was resigned to have to replace it with the Clone Wars version.
And i may yet buy that one. But the ROTS Anakin is the OG figure.

Back