Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

Found a new one for 400$ shipped. Is it worth to pay more over the preorder price? Will this get a rerelase soon or a new release of the same charter(like anakin ep2?)

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

I can't see this getting a re-issue since there were basically 2 releases of almost the same figure already. I'm surprised this went back up in price, for a bit you could find under retail if I remember right.

Found a new one for 400$ shipped. Is it worth to pay more over the preorder price? Will this get a rerelase soon or a new release of the same charter(like anakin ep2?)

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Nobody could know for sure but I doubt this gets reissued. They already made two versions of it and the sith version didn't sell out for a good long time.

Nobody could know for sure but I doubt this gets reissued. They already made two versions of it and the sith version didn't sell out for a good long time.

It seems they were still actively producing the Sith version. People had it ordered on Sideshow and making payments, then the virus happened and Sideshow told them that they weren't getting anymore figures in and it's now sold out. Was a little eye opening, but now makes sense how they could sell that 'exclusive' version for over a year.

I don't foresee a re-release of this figure. The original was released twice and the Sith version at Con and to the public right after. It hung around for sometime after that.
I would check eBay. good luck!:)

Or is it time for TPM version?:devil

If he comes with his Podracer and helmet then bring it on.

anakin.jpg

I'd take that and mullet haired Kenobi!!
3 way Dooku duel!!
Geonosis Padme before those 2 guys though.

I guess it's a possibility they could do what they did with Dooku and Yoda, and put Anakin and Padme up for pre-order at the same time. Surely one would help sales of the other.

with AOTC Padme too, been too long already.

You can add the Battle Droid, Airborne Trooper, 212th Clone, Jango Fett, and Kit Fisto to that list. We haven't seen any of those PT figures from last year's SDCC go up for pre-order yet, have we?

Nope, they put 4 figures up for preorder the day after SDCC and they were all Marvel, kind of expected with Endgame. Just rechecked Toyark's coverage and it looks like Leia and Wicket went up for preorder in August last year, first SW figures revealed at SDCC to go up for preorder.

I'm really surprised Jango hasn't been preordered. The rest not all that shocking. Maybe they are holding Jango back for when they preview Mace Windu.

Do they still sell the robe? I don't see it on their site anymore.

I would ask them if they still do. I own the robe from OSK and it is worth every penny. I believe I paid around 30 for it.
The dark side Anakin has a revised robe with the correct length- so thats another option.

Come on man, you've been on this site since 2009. You know the answer.

Thats exactly why I asked. I thought I knew.
Its not like this is Bespin Luke or R1 Vader or Tarkin figure release. The first Anakin was released "a plenty" and in in 2 waves. Then the DS repaint Anakin was released and sat around a good while before waitlisting. I guess im just wondering why the spark in interest all of a sudden.

Its not like this is Bespin Luke or R1 Vader or Tarkin figure release. The first Anakin was released "a plenty" and in in 2 waves. Then the DS repaint Anakin was released and sat around a good while before waitlisting. I guess im just wondering why the spark in interest all of a sudden.

Hot Toys figures always go up in price after they sell out. There are always new people looking to start a collection after a figure they want is out of stock.

The Clone Wars happened. New content with those characters made people want them again.

Back