Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys I'm super excited to get it in hand!
The windswept hair may have been a non-event in the movie, but the promotional image is so ingrained in peoples memories it pretty much trumps on screen in being the quintessential Luke image from the sail barge battle.
Agreed. When I heard HT was doing Jedi Luke I felt this was a no brainier since THIS is exactly how I wanted to display him. Well HT dropped the ball. I'm glad Inigo offered this. Along with the smiling Raiders Indy. Both are so iconic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t call the look overhyped, but it’s very niche, some collectors may want that classic image forever on display in figure form for the fond memories. I grew up with and still have my Jedi storybook where that was the cover. If HT included such hair to capture that with a more film accurate alternative, I’d have been excited, and prior to the Endor Luke reveal, I was excited at the prospect of a wig to capture it. Given where things stand, I do not want the look enough to make the investment of a custom, but I enjoy the passion of others and being able to experience the realization of it through their photos.

Look forward to it, as with the raw sculpt, something seems weird in the head only shots here, but the bare sculpt looked great on your figure so I’m sure painted will be something to behold.

I love your collection, it’s not loaded with stock figures just trying to have everything, every piece seems given a great deal of passion and that’s what it should be, we buy these things because the source material makes us feel something.

Look forward to it, as with the raw sculpt, something seems weird in the head only shots here, but the bare sculpt looked great on your figure so I’m sure painted will be something to behold.

I love your collection, it’s not loaded with stock figures just trying to have everything, every piece seems given a great deal of passion and that’s what it should be, we buy these things because the source material makes us feel something.
Thanks man. I do try and put a personal spin on each figure in my collection to make it my own. And I do have a huge love and passion for the films. [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

Thanks man. I do try and put a personal spin on each figure in my collection to make it my own. And I do have a huge love and passion for the films. [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]

Have to agree with MaulFan. Clear you value quality over quantity and are selective. Jealous of your self control. :lol And great collection from what I’ve seen here and in the Indy threads, would be curious to see the rest of it.

Anyhow, can’t wait to see the full Like
figure with the ROTJ VHS cover in the background.

Are you thinking of doing anything with the clothes? Curious about the SS outfit but not convinced it’s better than HT’s.

Yeah, I wish I had the same kind of restraint and espoused a “less is more” philosophy.

Unfortunately, the train of thought is usually: well if I have RotJ Luke, he’s not “complete” unless I have a RotJ Emperor to display with him. If I have Emperor, he’s not “complete” unless I have a Vader to go with him. Oh, but if I have Vader, he’s not “complete” unless I have a Stormtrooper to go with him. Well, if I’m going to have a Stormtrooper, I may as well get a Sandtrooper as well. So on and so forth. :lol

Though recently I’ve been espousing a “less is more” philosophy. I currently only have two outstanding POs, and lately, I’ve been selling more than I’ve been acquiring.

Have to agree with MaulFan. Clear you value quality over quantity and are selective. Jealous of your self control. [emoji38] And great collection from what I’ve seen here and in the Indy threads, would be curious to see the rest of it.

Anyhow, can’t wait to see the full Like
figure with the ROTJ VHS cover in the background.

Are you thinking of doing anything with the clothes? Curious about the SS outfit but not convinced it’s better than HT’s.
Thanks man [emoji106][emoji106]
I have a bunch of collection pics on my Instagram: Cellar_Toys

Feel free to check them out! [emoji482]

As for the outfit, right now I'm leaving it stock. I feel the outfit is pretty solid from HT.
I'm keeping the SS on radar though to see which comes out better.

And if they fix anything with the Deluxe version.

I don't think this is an outfit that warrants a full custom set like Indy.
Yeah, I wish I had the same kind of restraint and espoused a “less is more” philosophy.

Unfortunately, the train of thought is usually: well if I have RotJ Luke, he’s not “complete” unless I have a RotJ Emperor to display with him. If I have Emperor, he’s not “complete” unless I have a Vader to go with him. Oh, but if I have Vader, he’s not “complete” unless I have a Stormtrooper to go with him. Well, if I’m going to have a Stormtrooper, I may as well get a Sandtrooper as well. So on and so forth. [emoji38]

Though recently I’ve been espousing a “less is more” philosophy. I currently only have two outstanding POs, and lately, I’ve been selling more than I’ve been acquiring.
Yeah it can get tough sometimes on where to draw the line. [emoji23][emoji23] Like I'm not even going the Emperor route. Im planning two Jedi Luke displays. One with the Jedi Cloak and Han in Carbonite with Fett, Gamorrean Guard etc. The other for my Movie Figure timeline (1983-ROTJ) being this one with the iconic cover look.

For SW I stick with purely OT. And with ANH I'm sticking with purely the "First 12" so I'm only missing the Death Star Trooper and that wraps it up.

Empire will be my main focus though. Which we haven't gotten much from HT there yet...

I love this figure. If there is one thing I like better about the Sideshow version, it's the belt. Other than that, I am beyond happy with it.

By "Sideshow version" I guess you mean the new upcoming one. I can tell much of a difference wrt the HT one. What is that you like so much in SSC's one?
Thanks,
m.

Hard to tell because the body is turned somewhat side-on in the pics. Is there a pic with the fig facing forward?

There must be variations in the fat suit fitting or sew/cut (it seems that way based on reactions here) - I've never had any issues with the look of my Luke since I got it.

Same here, folks think mine was modded. But its stock and looks similar.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I made some more small changes to my Luke today. Removed some more padding from his shoulder area right next to the neck, and added a hint of a shadow between his eye brows, in an effort to make his gaze just a tad more determined and less bland. I'm using one of Darth Maul's gloves, and while you can't see it in the picture, I also made a small glove sleeve using faux leather to hide his wrist peg.
Thought it would be a nice opportunity for a small photo shoot.

IMG_6359_3_small.jpg

IMG_6372_3_small.jpg

IMG_6398_2_small.jpg

Simplistic Elegance is the way I described the figure to someone. Really fun release all around.
45c4518a861db941ee3f9db4cf4a5320.jpg

I saw this pose months ago and it stuck in my head. After trying to replicate it from memory and failing, I just spent 30 minutes combing this thread to find it.

So, killer pose. I stole it. Thanks.

Back