Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, the release of the SSC Luke has definitely given me much more appreciation for this Luke. I didn't ever really like that headsculpt but given how everything else turned out, so glad we have this!

It also makes the upcoming Endor Luke look a whole lot better now as well. Even the standard version seems like a better value than the Sideshow Deluxe set you get for the same price.

Nice display Rzeznikk. I wish HT would make a few small dios for figs, especially SW. I got my Luke and Vader this week so I just had to take a snap.

JediLuke.jpg

Moved my HT Jedi Head over to my Jabba Palace display Jedi Luke. Sideshow clothes. HT Cloak. On a SW Ourworld Hannibal Lector body with HT Jedi Luke Fatsuit. Took my old DX07 Clean Luke which I was using for this Jedi Luke and put him back in his Bespin Fatigues.
[emoji16][emoji16]
[emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]View attachment 442272View attachment 442273View attachment 442274View attachment 442275View attachment 442276View attachment 442277View attachment 442278

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice set-up. While it needs some glue to hold in the seams around the edge of the hood (they seem to peel forward over time,) I think that old SSC cloak is the best out of the three so far - old SSC, HT and new SSC. Fabric, color and drape works really well.

Looks good, it's funny with as many points of articulation these figures have it's still so hard to get things just right.

Thanks. :duff

Yeah, despite the many points of articulation these figures have, it’s still difficult to get every angle precise enough to look exactly like a particular screenshot. And the expression on the face was something I also noticed that was relatively identical to that screenshot, which is part of the reason I based the pose on that.

That’s looking pretty good so far. Maybe hunch him over a little? I think either that or pulling the shoulders forward would get you closer to the screenshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice set-up. While it needs some glue to hold in the seams around the edge of the hood (they seem to peel forward over time,) I think that old SSC cloak is the best out of the three so far - old SSC, HT and new SSC. Fabric, color and drape works really well.
Thanks. I have that old Jedi one as well, I really do like it, but the HT feels more natural to me. It draps better in my opinion. The old SS Cloak is a great option though.

And I'm excited to finally have my Inigo Jedi Luke Head back from Silentsurfer [emoji172][emoji172][emoji172]
Nathan sure knocked this out of the park! My pics don't do it justice! It looks sooooo great in hand!

And I'm proud to show off Nathan's new COAs which were designed by yours truly! [emoji16][emoji106]

I was happy to be able to offer my help in making them. Hopefully more people will be seeing them in the future. [emoji41]

Still have a little bit of work left on him however. Im picking up a grey tunic and sash from Toy Anxiety from the new SS DX Jedi Luke to see it in comparison to the HT tunic and Sash.

I'm also looking at a custom base from Displayheroes...

And then of course a Cold Cathode LED Saber and I think this will be complete. I sure love the action/dynamic Saber pieces HT is doing with their lightsabers though...FB_IMG_1549072526194.jpegFB_IMG_1549072532746.jpegFB_IMG_1549072528581.jpegFB_IMG_1549072530806.jpegFB_IMG_1549072539378.jpegFB_IMG_1549072536826.jpegFB_IMG_1549072542333.jpegFB_IMG_1549072544773.jpegFB_IMG_1549072547245.jpegFB_IMG_1549072549700.jpeg

Brilliant. :clap

And thanks for posting a ton of photos and angles knowing how curious everyone would be. :lol Also checked out your Instagram page, outstanding collection and variety. Hope to get one of those COAs for my Indy sculpt I sent his way. :pray:

That looks awesome. Other than the custom sculpt, did you make any other mods to the figure?

That’s looking pretty good so far. Maybe hunch him over a little? I think either that or pulling the shoulders forward would get you closer to the screenshot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It might not look like it, but he already is slightly hunched forward. Perhaps attempting to push the shoulders forward, like you suggested.

Brilliant. :clap

And thanks for posting a ton of photos and angles knowing how curious everyone would be. [emoji38] Also checked out your Instagram page, outstanding collection and variety. Hope to get one of those COAs for my Indy sculpt I sent his way. :pray:
Thanks! [emoji1][emoji1] Yeah I did try and get a bunch of angles!

His COAs that will be going out to others will be a little different per his request. I wanted something that had a montage to display his work on the back. His will be the standard H2 Pumpkin on the back.

That looks awesome. Other than the custom sculpt, did you make any other mods to the figure?

Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It might not look like it, but he already is slightly hunched forward. Perhaps attempting to push the shoulders forward, like you suggested.
I just took the Fatsuit off. Everything else is stock right now.

Back